is richlands schedule realy that weak

ba961

just wondering is the first 6 games realy that weak of a schedule. i mean gc jsut beat bluefield 21-7. yea beavers are sown this yr but they scored more than 7 on 2 big nc schools. union, tigers gc will all make the playoffs. and you played 2 big aa schools. ????

We handled Pulaski pretty well and they have played good games against Northside, Magna Vista and so on, so judging from that I think Richlands can play with any Roanoke area team that we may face in the playoffs. Everyone always harks on our schedule but last season we had single A teams on our schedule that gave us better games than Brookville.

thats what i thought just wanted somone that has been downing it to say womthing but i guess if its a ok schedule then you can not say anything. i know before fridays game the district teams where a woping 2-15 so hey if the a teams are winning is that not who you want to play.

It can't be good not to be tested though. When you get to the playoffs and haven't had your starters play a whole game for two months it can't be good. You can't simulate game experience in practice. You face a good playoff team and your players play a whole game could end up tired or crapming. Can't do anything when everyone in the SWD canlt hold a candle to you though, not your fault. RHS kind of a tough spot.

The only problem I would have with Richlands schedule is that it puts Richlands in a position where they need help in order to host the Regional Championship game.

Cave Spring is ahead of Richlands in the Region IV Division 3 playoff points eventhough Cave has lost a game.

Even when Richlands wins their remaining games they will have to travel to Roanoke if Cave does not lose another game. In fact Cave may need to lose 2 more games in order for Richlands to have home field thru the playoffs.

I would never want a schedule that puts my destiny into the hands of another team.

The only problem I would have with Richlands schedule is that it puts Richlands in a position where they need help in order to host the Regional Championship game.

Cave Spring is ahead of Richlands in the Region IV Division 3 playoff points eventhough Cave has lost a game.

Even when Richlands wins their remaining games they will have to travel to Roanoke if Cave does not lose another game. In fact Cave may need to lose 2 more games in order for Richlands to have home field thru the playoffs.

I would never want a schedule that puts my destiny into the hands of another team.

I agree 100%

I feel confident we will be home throughout the playoffs. Cave still has to beat Salem, Cburg, Hidden Valley and Pulaski, it would not surprise me to see them lose 2 of those games. With 1 more loss I think we can get the homefield.

How else can we really help it?? Our district is terribly weak. And there's not really that many AA teams on this side of the state without driving 3-4 hours every Friday. We are stuck inbetween a rock and a hard place, really.

How else can we really help it?? Our district is terribly weak. And there's not really that many AA teams on this side of the state without driving 3-4 hours every Friday. We are stuck inbetween a rock and a hard place, really.

I couldn't agree with you more Ryan. There is little or nothing Richlands can do about their schedule. I was just pointing out the math that happens as a result.

Cave will not run the table in the River Ridge but even a loss to CBurg and will net Cave nearly as many points as Richlands will get for beating any one of the teams in the Southwest District.

It would be very unfortunate to finish 10-0 and have to travel to a 8-2 teams stadium in the playoff.

Richlands fan are stuck rooting Salem or Hidden Valley to beat Cave.

Even if Richlands has to travel to Cave they will beat Cave by two scores as they are clearly the better team.

It just sucks that Richlands may have to travel.

We shouldn't have to travel this year. Might be wrong but from what im hearing we should be home for the playoffs this year.

Playoffs?! You wanna talk about playoffs?! (couldn't resist) But yea I believe the blues will be playing in front of the home crowd this year.

I couldn't agree with you more Ryan. There is little or nothing Richlands can do about their schedule. I was just pointing out the math that happens as a result.

Cave will not run the table in the River Ridge but even a loss to CBurg and will net Cave nearly as many points as Richlands will get for beating any one of the teams in the Southwest District.

It would be very unfortunate to finish 10-0 and have to travel to a 8-2 teams stadium in the playoff.

Richlands fan are stuck rooting Salem or Hidden Valley to beat Cave.

Even if Richlands has to travel to Cave they will beat Cave by two scores as they are clearly the better team.

It just sucks that Richlands may have to travel.

Yeah. I know what you were saying. Seems every year we are pulling for some Roanoke team to beat Cave just to have a few home playoff games. At least this year, if we make it to the State Semis, that game will be at RHS.

We shouldn't have to travel this year. Might be wrong but from what im hearing we should be home for the playoffs this year.

You're hearing from ppl. who have no idea what they're talking about, OR you're misunderstanding what they're saying.

Richlands vs. Cave Spring could be in Roanoke.

You're hearing from ppl. who have no idea what they're talking about, OR you're misunderstanding what they're saying.

Theres no way Cave Spring runs the table. Not against that schedule.

Guest lookoutmountain

Why folks? Why beat your head into the wall 30 times for it to hurt only for you to somehow think that if you do it for a 31st time, it will not hurt that time? We do this thread every year on the old question of whether Richlands can play with the Roanoke/New River Valley and Region 3. How many dam* times does Richlands have to win over these team more times than most for this thread to stop? When can this thread actually turn into a thread that asks whether or not those teams can play with them? I mean, come on guys, Richlands has done it year after year, some losses, but mostly wins when playing this area. I mean, dam(, give it a rest for God's sakes. If Richlands played John Battle or Marion 10 times in a season and had the weakest schedule in the state (of which they certainly don't have) you still should not ask the question of whether they can play when they go further to the East. We've seen this picture over and over. Damn, how stupid can some of you be.

Guest king kone

New playoff format........

I read in the Bristol today Richlands is only ranked 10 in AA. They just recently cracked the top 10 as well.

That sounds like the AP poll which is derived from local news groups from around the state that tend to lean towards schools in their area. It is flawed to say the least.

VAPREPS has Richlands at #8 which is probably a little more realistic

wow how @#%#$% in your oatmeal the reason for this post was did not have anything to do with the eastern schools i know where we stand as far as they go i was saying that around here the a teams are better teams right now. and you want to play the best teams you can without going 3-4 hrs up the road. but the system does not account for that gc is in the playoffs alot when evryone else is in the weight room and if the blues played them 10 times and beat them they would be a 4 or 5 place team come playoff time. it had nothing to do with anything you said so take a chill pill before you blow a vain. just drop to a like everyone around here and play who you want. you are stuck when you only have a few aa teams around you and thre of the four will not give you any bonus points because they have no wins or the wins they have are against a teams so no bonus. it sucks but thats the area we live in.

There's nothing Richlands can do about it's schedule and even if we have to travel then that's just the way it is. It may not be ideal but thats life. If we are the better team then we should win on the feild wherever the game is played. The Roanoke area teams have the advantage of more teams to play and select for scheduling purposes but I would still rather live in Southwest Virginia. It all evens out in the scheme of things. Go Blues!!

Guest bigdaddyd50

VERYYYYYYYY WEAK SCHEDULE FOR RICHLANDS

thats why you cant win the big games ;)

VERYYYYYYYY WEAK SCHEDULE FOR RICHLANDS

thats why you cant win the big games ;)

Every state-semi is a "big game" and last I checked, since 2001 in state-semi appearances we are 4-1 in those game, the lone loss coming to Salem in 04 if I remember correctly.