Baseball Playoffs

vthokies4life

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be a good idea to start a thread that will take us through the World Series. My first question: What do you make of the Brewers? And do you feel strongly either way about Nyjer Morgan?

I think this series is going to be a dogfight. Expect it to go to 6 at the absolute minimum.

No strong opinion on Morgan...am I missing something?

I think it would be a good idea to start a thread that will take us through the World Series. My first question: What do you make of the Brewers? And do you feel strongly either way about Nyjer Morgan?

I've never cared much for Morgan, but I must have missed the latest controversy. What happened?

I've never cared much for Morgan, but I must have missed the latest controversy. What happened?

Nothing new. He's been know for being pretty incendiary and has voiced his hate for the Cardinals in the past. Also his antics on the field can get pretty tiresome. Just the classic "emotions on his sleeve" guy.

Also, Grienke just called Chris Carpenter for having a "phony attitude". http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2011/story/_/id/7077878/2011-nlcs-milwaukee-brewers-zack-greinke-calls-st-louis-cardinals-chris-carpenter

Nothing new. He's been know for being pretty incendiary and has voiced his hate for the Cardinals in the past. Also his antics on the field can get pretty tiresome. Just the classic "emotions on his sleeve" guy.

Also, Grienke just called Chris Carpenter for having a "phony attitude". http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2011/story/_/id/7077878/2011-nlcs-milwaukee-brewers-zack-greinke-calls-st-louis-cardinals-chris-carpenter

Yeah, I saw a recap last night of the "drama" over the season between the Cards and Brewers on MLB network. Morgan has always had drama no matter where he has played, and I'm not a fan of the way he plays the game.

I was rooting for the Brewers until I just realized how little I like some of their players. I guess I'll have to cheer for the Cards now.

Pulling for the Rangers.

<---- This guy is too. Hoping for a Brewers/Rangers World Series at this point with Texas being the champion.

Sort of like seeing the Brew Crew do what they've done this season. Not a fan, but I've got family in Wisconsin who are fans and I've been to several Brewers games in the past. Plus I hate the Cardinals. Only pulled for them because they played Philly (who I hate more than the Yankees).

I think Nyger Morgan is an idiot, personally, but I do find him entertaining. He's one of those guys that I love to watch because I know that he can do something stupid or funny at any moment, ala his alter ego Tony Plush. If you haven't heard of it, Google it. He's made some waves this season. Morgan's trash talk along with a few of his teammates are going to make the NLCS heated, and very personal too, so it should be extremely fun to watch.

We can't be friends anymore.....lmao

haha. I fell in love with baseball during the Mark McGwire era, hence my reasoning for being a Cards fan. I know Mark McGwire is perceived as a cheater, but i'll always be a fan.

Pulling for the Rangers if we don't make it to the World Series tho.

haha. I fell in love with baseball during the Mark McGwire era, hence my reasoning for being a Cards fan. I know Mark McGwire is perceived as a cheater, but i'll always be a fan.

Pulling for the Rangers if we don't make it to the World Series tho.

I fell in love with Baseball watching Barry Bonds.....needless to say, I don't speak of him that much in general baseball talk. So I became a Phillies fan in 04 when I marched in the Philly Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Guessing i'm the lone Cardinals fan on the site??

I'm not a Cardinals fan, but I like this particular Cardinals team if that makes sense. They seem to be a bunch of good guys, so I think I'm pulling for them this postseason. Also, as far as a fan base goes, there isn't really a better one in the MLB than St. Louis. The fans in St. Louis are loyal and smart about their baseball, which also makes it enjoyable to follow.

I'm not a Cardinals fan, but I like this particular Cardinals team if that makes sense. They seem to be a bunch of good guys, so I think I'm pulling for them this postseason. Also, as far as a fan base goes, there isn't really a better one in the MLB than St. Louis. The fans in St. Louis are loyal and smart about their baseball, which also makes it enjoyable to follow.

I have been a St. Louis fan since I was a kid. I am not a fan of LaRussa.

Heck one of my Facebook avatars is Curt Flood. I would love to see them win it all and Mr. Grecian Formula go to the house.

This just in: St. Louis Cardinals fans are the most realistic/self-deprecating baseball fans. Here's a poll taken by ESPN asking which team will play the Rangers in the World Series. Here are the results.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=124560

I think it's "which team would the Rangers rather face", and I'd expect the Cardinals' fans to say "Milwaukee", as in "you better be hoping you don't get us".

I think it's "which team would the Rangers rather face", and I'd expect the Cardinals' fans to say "Milwaukee", as in "you better be hoping you don't get us".

Ha! Yep, you're right. Apparently I have a tough time reading in the morning. Totally didn't see the word "rather".