hurley @ honaker

litltiger

50 yr anniversary? distractions? whats the story on that coach?

Homecoming 2011 50th Year Celebration

Date Posted: Monday Sep 12, 2011

Event Date: Friday Oct 14, 2011

Honaker High School is celebrating 50 years of football this season. We encourage all HHS fans and former players to help us celebrate by becoming part of 2011 Homecoming festivities. There are golden anniversary items for sale at the Tiger Store, so we hope you will show your school spirt by purchasing some of those items. In addition, there will be a special recognition of HHS alumni who played on former teams. Any former football player who wants to register for the celebration may go to the school web site and register online or email Coach Hubbard at dhubbardfb@yahoo.com or Coach Johnson at wjohnson@russell.k12.va.us. This year's homecoming date is October 14, so mark you calendar and make plans now to help us celebrate fifty wonderful years of football at Honaker High School.

Schedule of Events

October 14, 2011

Hurley vs. Honaker

Football Alumni, Families, and Special Guest

5:00-Homecoming Parade

5:30-Tour field house, weight room, and field

5:40-Tail Gate Party on practice field-BBQ and all the fixings

7:15-All alumni welcome to participate in locker room pre-game

7:30-Kickoff

Halftime-Introduction of former players (line up at score board end of the field)

After the game until midnight-Social at Honaker Elementary School Cafeteria (FINGER FOODS WILL BE SERVED—No Cost—Donations will be accepted.)

I dont think Hurley can beat Honaker, it would take everything falling perfectly into place. Honaker is very good on the O and D lines and that is Hurleys weakness.

Honaker 35 Hurley 20

I hope it's that close. Hurley has a lot of problems, and if they don't fix them ASAP, we could find ourselves on the wrong end of some blowouts in some upcoming games.

I hope it's that close. Hurley has a lot of problems, and if they don't fix them ASAP, we could find ourselves on the wrong end of some blowouts in some upcoming games.

Has something happened? I saw them play in the jamboree at Twin Valley and thought they were the best team there.

Has something happened? I saw them play in the jamboree at Twin Valley and thought they were the best team there.

Our lines on both sides of the ball are non-existent. The play of the lines forced us to change our entire offense from the Wing-T to the Spread. This will be the first week that we get to see them run the Spread against a quality team. We'll see how it goes.

Our lines on both sides of the ball are non-existent. The play of the lines forced us to change our entire offense from the Wing-T to the Spread. This will be the first week that we get to see them run the Spread against a quality team. We'll see how it goes.

Is the problem w/ the Oline their ability to read the defense/understand blocking concepts or physical ability to block?

Is the problem w/ the Oline their ability to read the defense/understand blocking concepts or physical ability to block?

They just simply cannot block. It all fell apart against Grundy, I don't know if that game made them start doubting themselves or what. Since then they would be better off not showing up. Across the board they have more size than last years starters, so size and strength isn't the issue. I believe they just lack the focus and intensity that made our line last year so formidable.

They just simply cannot block. It all fell apart against Grundy, I don't know if that game made them start doubting themselves or what. Since then they would be better off not showing up. Across the board they have more size than last years starters, so size and strength isn't the issue. I believe they just lack the focus and intensity that made our line last year so formidable.

Look like Tarzan, play like Jane. I guees that about sums up the line.

ahh, so its an effort issue. Cant make them play harder. Thats why last years Rebels beat Haysi, they wanted it more and played harder to get it. It wasnt so much a difference in talent.

Size doesent always equal strength, when I played Pound had some huge linemen. Great big cupcakes; no strength, no effort.

ahh, so its an effort issue. Cant make them play harder. Thats why last years Rebels beat Haysi, they wanted it more and played harder to get it. It wasnt so much a difference in talent.

Size doesent always equal strength, when I played Pound had some huge linemen. Great big cupcakes; no strength, no effort.

Not always but I played with these guys last year and it's not like they were slouches in the weight room. All I know is Coach better be preparing one helluva pregame speech to get these guys into it or I'm afraid their wont be enough lights on that scoreboard for the home team.

come on guys...give the line a break...Grundy was just up for that game and played above and beyond what anyone thought that they could...since then they have shown flashes of that at times and it's won them a couple of ball games along the way...other times they have had issues...but, in the Hurley game they were just in the zone and pretty physical.

Hurley's line is OK...don't go talking a bunch of trash just because they are not blowing out teams that are on the same level or better than they are...could they play better? sure...but do they try? yes...so it's not like they are just out there laying down and giving up...give them a little support and encouragement and it might go a long way...you never know.

I've learned over time most successful teams have built a firm foundation from the bricks that have been thrown at them. Hurleys line is young they'll get better and eventually they'll get pissed and they'll roll heads. This weekend would be a good time to get pissed. Good luck Rebel Soldiers your only limitations is what you put on yourself.

Play like there isnt gonna be a tomorrow.

Eddie

iam with you lance people needs to give them rebels a break and stop downing them and support them iam hopeing they play hard and i think they will i hope the off week hurts honaker some

This will be the second straight year Hurley will face Honaker after their open week.