Big East Shakeup

vthokies4life

"Florio says WVU’s best argument may be that TCU was allowed to leave the league without adhering to the 27-month waiting period.

“The Big East’s decision to allow TCU to exit the conference by paying the $5 million withdrawal fee without providing the required 27 months notice is perhaps the most compelling fact that favors West Virginia’s attempt to leave sooner rather than later,†Florio said."

So could Pitt and Cuse perhaps use this as a trump card as well and leave the Big East and come on over next year?? That would be awesome for the ACC.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, if anything this will help with Florida recruiting. For the people saying we will lose Florida recruits...Why?

I had a few too many adult beverages that night...I was just rambling.

Florida will always be one of our pipeline state for recruiting.

Edited by beaverbaseball

I had a few too many adult beverages that night...I was just rambling.

Florida will always be one of our pipeline state for recruiting.

Haha Alcohol has made me say ANY things that I regret! As for the topic. I'm not a WVU homer and don't love the fact that we are going to the Big 12, but will take it any day considering the circumstances. WVU belongs in either the ACC or Big 10.

Haha Alcohol has made me say ANY things that I regret! As for the topic. I'm not a WVU homer and don't love the fact that we are going to the Big 12, but will take it any day considering the circumstances. WVU belongs in either the ACC or Big 10.

Ya know, it's been a while since Virginia Tech and WVU have played. I think I'd like to see the series renewed. It always produced some great games. And it was a heated rivalry that everyone loved to watch.

Completely off topic, I know, but it just crossed my mind. Lol.

How do you guys feel WVU will fair against the Big 12 schedule? While it isn't as hard as an SEC schedule (in my opinion) it should still be much harder I would think than the Big East has been, I've always thought it was much easier to get up for one or maybe two big games a year as opposed to maybe 4-5 hard games a year.

Yes, because teenagers are known for great decision making...

If they are making a big life decision such as choosing a college they better have decent decision making skills. Making a decision based on two games out of 50 is just plain stupid. In that case they should just consider signing with South Florida.

Edited by BHS03