just wanted to say thanks

TheChampIsHere

Tazewell has heart! They never gave up! Just forged ahead. The game became fun for the fans when Tazewell started scoring. Tazewell's fans rushing out with such enthusiam for their Bulldogs, was just a great sight to see during, and at the end of the game. Richlands Fans were equally as excited. I see great things ahead for the Bulldogs. Hang in there Coach Tate.

Congratulations Blue Tornado ! Marching onward for both teams!

The biggest and basically only thing I didnt like about the game was the cheap shot artist that played on Tazewells team as they are all just kids I wont name him by number, but anyone that was there should know what Im talking about, you guys are right that Tazewell kept fighting.. all tho it was odd all the cheering in a 55-0 game, but hey whatever makes ya happy, anyhows the one kid should have been tossed and wasn't, but thankfully no one was seriously injured by his hijinks.

Tazewell has heart! They never gave up! Just forged ahead. The game became fun for the fans when Tazewell started scoring. Tazewell's fans rushing out with such enthusiam for their Bulldogs, was just a great sight to see during, and at the end of the game. Richlands Fans were equally as excited. I see great things ahead for the Bulldogs. Hang in there Coach Tate.

Congratulations Blue Tornado ! Marching onward for both teams!

Just being biased but i actually cheered when tazewell scored the first 2 times and then was a little more reluctant to cheer lol

It's a new season now....everybody is undefeated, anything can happen. Thumping your chest doesn't win games. As any rational fan knows, the level of competition (after your first playoff game)....will jump up ten fold. There are some VERY good teams at the D-3 level this season....the team that beat you all in the state title game last year is in a district (which is supposed to be loaded with SEVERAL quality teams....I thought Richlands would win a state title last year, traveled to the game and watched a 2-loss team beat them. I didn't expect it to happen, but it happened. Those Bay River's District Teams and River Ridge District teams play what basically amounts to a playoff schedule every single week. Richland's had better bring it big time this year...

I'd love to make the trip to Lynchburg again this year and watch Richlands bring home the title, but let's be realistic here......there are teams in the playoffs just as good, or better and it'll be a struggle and they had better be prepared.

http://weblogs.dailypress.com/sports/highschool/bayriversblog/2011/11/region_i_division_3_playoff_ou.html

Edited by futbolking

That is an interesting article, hadn't really followed the Islanders much this year didn't realize they were gonna be seeded that high. Your right tho, the real season is here and we will see who really has the nuts! Been waiting for a while glad its time.

That is an interesting article, hadn't really followed the Islanders much this year didn't realize they were gonna be seeded that high. Your right tho, the real season is here and we will see who really has the nuts! Been waiting for a while glad its time.

Did I hear Nuts?

Seriously congrats to Richlands on the perfect season and more importantly home field advantage. There are alot of equal teams on this side of the state and that home field is priceless.

teams....I thought Richlands would win a state title last year, traveled to the game and watched a 2-loss team beat them. http://weblogs.dailypress.com/sports/highschool/bayriversblog/2011/11/region_i_division_3_playoff_ou.html

I agree with everything you said, but Poquoson lost only one game last year, to AAA Dinwiddie that lost to Phoebus by a touchdown in the state semis....

Edited by parsons

I agree with everything you said, but Poquoson lost only one game last year, to AAA Dinwiddie that lost to Phoebus by a touchdown in the state semis....

Beat me to it....lol

There are some very good D3 teams this year, but once you get past the 1st week of the playoffs, there has always been good teams that you have to beat.

Coach Mance & his staff will get the boys ready as they always do.

We hear every year that Richlands plays a soft schedule and will not make it past the RR teams and so on and yet we still make it to Lynchburg.

We may or may not make it back to Lynchburg again this year, but the team will be ready.

We may have lost more finals then we have won, but i will take getting there every year and having a chance to win it, then sitting at home and watching someone else getting the chance.

As far as I can remember, the Blues have been in every playoff game including all the state finals except for the beat down that Logan Thomas & Brookville gave us a few years ago and we got a little pay back last year.

I will agree though that this years team does not have the margin of error that last years team had, if this team plays the way it is capable of though, they have a very good chance of getting back to the finals, and anybody that does beat the Blues will have to come to Ernie to do and will earn it !

beat me to it....lol

there are some very good d3 teams this year, but once you get past the 1st week of the playoffs, there has always been good teams that you have to beat.

Coach mance & his staff will get the boys ready as they always do.

We hear every year that richlands plays a soft schedule and will not make it past the rr teams and so on and yet we still make it to lynchburg.

We may or may not make it back to lynchburg again this year, but the team will be ready.

We may have lost more finals then we have won, but i will take getting there every year and having a chance to win it, then sitting at home and watching someone else getting the chance.

As far as i can remember, the blues have been in every playoff game including all the state finals except for the beat down that logan thomas & brookville gave us a few years ago and we got a little pay back last year.

I will agree though that this years team does not have the margin of error that last years team had, if this team plays the way it is capable of though, they have a very good chance of getting back to the finals, and anybody that does beat the blues will have to come to ernie to do and will earn it !

^^^^this

Beat me to it....lol

There are some very good D3 teams this year, but once you get past the 1st week of the playoffs, there has always been good teams that you have to beat.

Coach Mance & his staff will get the boys ready as they always do.

We hear every year that Richlands plays a soft schedule and will not make it past the RR teams and so on and yet we still make it to Lynchburg.

We may or may not make it back to Lynchburg again this year, but the team will be ready.

As far as I can remember, the Blues have been in every playoff game including all the state finals except for the beat down that Logan Thomas & Brookville gave us a few years ago and we got a little pay back last year.

I will agree though that this years team does not have the margin of error that last years team had, if this team plays the way it is capable of though, they have a very good chance of getting back to the finals, and anybody that does beat the Blues will have to come to Ernie to do and will earn it !

Very well said...Agree totally