GW versus Radford

wave316

Radford's offense has slowly improved every game since the start of the year. The combined records of the 3 teams that Radford lost to (GW, Galax and Giles) is 32-1. I think Radford will give GW a fit. If there was a line on the game GW would surely be favored, but this is a game that Radford can win if they play well. Radford is playing better now, especially on offense, and gave the game to Giles last week with a late turnover and penaltys.

To me i see this game as a toss up. Radford has been getting much better on offense, (but every team should get better) and their defense is as good as anybody i've seen this year (sorry galax) they are very, very good. I feel gw has also improved as well so it's a toss up until we get to coaching. Gw 20 to 16

Radford's offense has slowly improved every game since the start of the year. The combined records of the 3 teams that Radford lost to (GW, Galax and Giles) is 32-1. I think Radford will give GW a fit. If there was a line on the game GW would surely be favored, but this is a game that Radford can win if they play well. Radford is playing better now, especially on offense, and gave the game to Giles last week with a late turnover and penaltys.

they didnt give the game to Giles. was you at the game? Giles won the game because Radford had nothing to stop the wing in the 2nd half. It was a good game, and Gw better be ready because Radford is a good football team.

Just wondering why some see this not being a very close game?

It was 10-7 in the first game they played ...so it should be another close one. Didn't GW kicker make a field goal at the end of regulation?

they didnt give the game to Giles. was you at the game? Giles won the game because Radford had nothing to stop the wing in the 2nd half. It was a good game, and Gw better be ready because Radford is a good football team.

Yes, I was at the game. When I said "Gave the game to Giles " it was probably the wrong choice of words. But, the fact of the matter remains, when you are up 17 to 7 with 8 minutes to go, you should close the deal 95% of the time. I'm not taking anything away from Giles, but Radford could not finish. Radford has been plagued by penaltys all year ( 8 for Radford, 0 for Giles). Radford made one critical turnover on a center / quarterback exchange on their own 20 yardline midway through the 4th quarter and Giles made them pay for it. Radford did have trouble with the single wing in the 4th quarter, but how many games this year (or any year for that matter) has Giles been held to 238 yards rushing on 48 carries. Giles had over 320 yards rushing the last 2 times they played Radford and Radford won those games. Only Christiansburg did better against the single wing this year. Radford had 310 total yards to Giles 283, but total yards don't win games. Giles executed better when it counted and was the more disciplined team the whole game, they flat out DESERVED to win the game. I apologize for my choice of words, I didn't mean to take anything away from Giles. Hope the Spartans make a deep run in the playoffs.