Honaker @ Galax

lineman strong

There was some talk on the #22 kid from Galax, would he play or not, appears he won't play for this game only. Hopefully he won't have to worry about playin anymore...lol... I went surfin and found the article on the galax/castlewood game if anyone wants read. I would take from this article that Galax isn't perfect and they do make mistakes.

http://www.galaxgazette.com/content/33-point-explosion-lifts-maroon-tide-60-24-win

no one is perfect...they were open over the middle all night, the QB draw was there as well at times when there was no one to pass to, the DB's played soft for the most part and were not very physical...stuff like that...there are some holes to exploit here and there that i saw...the loss of the #22 kid for the game leaves the left side/center of the defense a little weak...and is a big loss in the running game, although the #33 and #18 kid will probably step up and fill in.

Castlewood was able to jump on them early and it sort of seemed to stun them a little...took them until the 2nd Q to really get it together....I think if Honaker can just stop them on the first series and put some points up to get ahead that will help them a lot...this is not a team you want to let get up on you and try to come back on.

no one is perfect...they were open over the middle all night, the QB draw was there as well at times when there was no one to pass to, the DB's played soft for the most part and were not very physical...stuff like that...there are some holes to exploit here and there that i saw...the loss of the #22 kid for the game leaves the left side/center of the defense a little weak...and is a big loss in the running game, although the #33 and #18 kid will probably step up and fill in.

Castlewood was able to jump on them early and it sort of seemed to stun them a little...took them until the 2nd Q to really get it together....I think if Honaker can just stop them on the first series and put some points up to get ahead that will help them a lot...this is not a team you want to let get up on you and try to come back on.

Lance,

Trying to get an idea of momentum and flow of that game. I was not able to listen to the game last week (went to a local game here in Pensacola) and was wondering how the points for Castlewood came about? Was it a long drive down field or were there some turnovers which resulted in the first 14 points for Burton?

Moreover, how many points or good field position series did Galax get on turnovers? (This year Galax appears to of had 1 or 2 touchdowns off punt or kick-off returns, in almost every game.) By the way, #18 is #22's little brother (if I'm not mistaken). #33 is the leading rusher (J. Vaughn).

Edited by sportsfan

Lance,

Trying to get an idea of momentum and flow of that game. I was not able to listen to the game last week (went to a local game here in Pensacola) and was wondering how the points for Burton came about? Was it a long drive down field or were there some turnovers which resulted in the first 14 points for Burton?

Moreover, how many points or good field position series did Galax get on turnovers? (This year Galax appears to of had 1 or 2 touchdowns off punt or kick-off returns, in almost every game.) By the way, #18 is #22's little brother (if I'm not mistaken). #33 is the leading rusher (J. Vaughn).

#22 was doing some damage the other night against Castlewood. As far as Burton and Honaker I just listened to it on the radio, i'll let someone who was actually there give you info on that.

Galax had good field position all night, on kick offs they had the #7 kid from C-wood running left - right as soon as he picked up the ball instead of north-south...majority of the time that = starting inside the 10 for C-wood. They had a couple of turnovers that led to TD's ...one was a fumble on a kick off that was odd to watch, thought the kid was down but they let it play and eventually the ball came out, the other was one a pass that C-wood completed over the middle and the #15 kid i think it was just lost the handle on it...would have been a big 1st down pick up for C-wood and put them in good shape for a score.

C-wood had some chances to score, they just shot themselves in the foot a couple of times.

There was some talk on the #22 kid from Galax, would he play or not, appears he won't play for this game only. Hopefully he won't have to worry about playin anymore...lol... I went surfin and found the article on the galax/castlewood game if anyone wants read. I would take from this article that Galax isn't perfect and they do make mistakes.

http://www.galaxgazette.com/content/33-point-explosion-lifts-maroon-tide-60-24-win

I think Sixcat called this one.

Congrats to Honaker. I remember when Floyd played down there in 1999 when you guys had Heath Miller. That was a wild game.

I honestly don't know anything about Honaker this year except for their schedule and score. I can say that galax is very good. Many athletes on both sides of the ball. I honestly think that Galax may be the team to beat for the state title. Good luck to all.

Congrats to Honaker. I remember when Floyd played down there in 1999 when you guys had Heath Miller. That was a wild game.

I honestly don't know anything about Honaker this year except for their schedule and score. I can say that galax is very good. Many athletes on both sides of the ball. I honestly think that Galax may be the team to beat for the state title. Good luck to all.

yea i was there for that game .i think josh spence was the kids name.he absolutley was a horse of a back.what ever happened to him?i figured he was d 1 prospect.

Galax has some killer speed from what ive seen and heard. Honaker has pulled out some amazing wins this season but the odds seemed to be stacked against them on this one. We all know that speed in the killer for Honaker. They are good but the tigers cant handle fast teams. Wait a minute, hold on just a second. If I aint mistaken JIB had the speed that Honaker couldnt handle. Burton was picked to win and win big because of there quote unquote speed and didnt Honaker win that game pretty easily? Im not saying that Burton is on Galax's level but I am saying that Honaker's heart has proven all season that they can win. If the stars align just right and the weather cooperates i look for the BDD Tigers to pull off yet again another upset.

Could not have said it better myself. Again speed don't kill it's the sudden stop.

Just want to wish the Tigers good luck this Friday night ! Hope you can pull out another victory and advance another week !

If it wasn't for the fact that my Blues are playing Cave the same night, me & my wife would make the trip to Galax and yell for you guys.

Hope everyone from Honaker has a safe trip to Galax & back home.

Just want to wish the Tigers good luck this Friday night ! Hope you can pull out another victory and advance another week !

If it wasn't for the fact that my Blues are playing Cave the same night, me & my wife would make the trip to Galax and yell for you guys.

Hope everyone from Honaker has a safe trip to Galax & back home.

thanks good neighbor

If only by going on what I have read, Galax is clearly the favorite; however, that was the case at JI Burton (at least according to BHC). This past Saturday, in the first few plays, there was no doubt in my opinion that Honaker would beat Burton. Honaker was more physical and Burton could not stop them on offense all day. Honaker did not need to pass the ball, but did so in order to keep Burton honest and was successful when they did pass. Burton was forced to pass because they could not stop Honaker, and their line was being dominated. The game was close on the scoreboard, and yes Burton had a chance to win, but those opportunities were created more by Honaker mistakes. If Honaker's offensive line is as dominant this Friday, they have a chance to pull off the upset.

If only by going on what I have read, Galax is clearly the favorite; however, that was the case at JI Burton (at least according to BHC). This past Saturday, in the first few plays, there was no doubt in my opinion that Honaker would beat Burton. Honaker was more physical and Burton could not stop them on offense all day. Honaker did not need to pass the ball, but did so in order to keep Burton honest and was successful when they did pass. Burton was forced to pass because they could not stop Honaker, and their line was being dominated. The game was close on the scoreboard, and yes Burton had a chance to win, but those opportunities were created more by Honaker mistakes. If Honaker's offensive line is as dominant this Friday, they have a chance to pull off the upset.

Thanks for comments. The boys will appreciate it. I believe the line will do great again this Friday. Good luck to the blues, don't think they will need it though.

Thanks for comments. The boys will appreciate it. I believe the line will do great again this Friday. Good luck to the blues, don't think they will need it though.

Na, always helps to have luck on your side. Good luck to the Tigers, your up against a wall but show up and play ball and the cookie may crumble your way.

^ This. To beat Galax, you have to pound them into the ground, and wear 'em out. Coach Dixon has just started keeping in his starters later to get them ready to play deep into the game. The Grayson game showed how much of an effect fatigue played on them, because they hadn't played 4 full quarters since Glenvar back in week 1. It'll be interesting to see how Honaker's O-line matches up with Galax's D-line.