Congrats Tigers

OrangeStreak

Congrats Honaker on a great season. Truly has been a pleasure listening and watching you guys play this year and improve as the season went. Guys we just ran into a better team tonight. They shut down the run game and we didnt capitalize when we had chances and made a few uncharacteristic mistakes which we could not do when playing a team like this. Enjoyed my trip to Galax (small stands but we packed it in like sardines and stayed warm). Overall great sportmanship by both teams but there was one gentleman who took 3 cheap shots for Galax and I dont like to see that, no need for it but thanks to those fans who welcomed us in and showed great hospitality. Congrats Maroon Tide and good luck the rest of the way, you guys have a good football team, get out and support em!!!

Edited by OrangeStreak

Congrats Honaker on a great season. Truly has been a pleasure listening and watching you guys play this year and improve as the season went. Guys we just ran into a better team tonight. They shut down the run game and we didnt capitalize when we had chances and made a few uncharacteristic mistakes which we could not do when playing a team like this. Enjoyed my trip to Galax (small stands but we packed it in like sardines and stayed warm). Overall great sportmanship by both teams but there was one gentleman who took 3 cheap shots for Galax and I dont like to see that, no need for it but thanks to those fans who welcomed us in and showed great hospitality. Congrats Maroon Tide and good luck the rest of the way, you guys have a good football team, get out and support em!!!

they played a good defence and had several weapons on offence.basically dominated the line of scrimmage.ur right just a better team.the cheap shots i seen and the ref was lookin right at one of them im pretty sure.congrads to galax.

they played a good defence and had several weapons on offence.basically dominated the line of scrimmage.ur right just a better team.the cheap shots i seen and the ref was lookin right at one of them im pretty sure.congrads to galax.

The officiating this year has been a bit suspect. Several area teams have suffered bad calls/no calls, moreso than in recent memory. I think some of the refs have been hittin' the sauce before the games.

The officiating this year has been a bit suspect. Several area teams have suffered bad calls/no calls, moreso than in recent memory. I think some of the refs have been hittin' the sauce before the games.

yea not that the no calls on the cheap shots would have made any difference at all,but the biggest guy on galax team took it on one of our freshmen after the play was ended on a kickoff, which was on one of the smallest guys on honakers team.but bottom line they took it to us and we had no answer.thats just how young kids get hurt for no reason.and the play was really on the other side of the field.not tryin to be a whiner but whoever plays them,well thats the type of stuff to be ready for.

yea not that the no calls on the cheap shots would have made any difference at all,but the biggest guy on galax team took it on one of our freshmen after the play was ended on a kickoff, which was on one of the smallest guys on honakers team.but bottom line they took it to us and we had no answer.thats just how young kids get hurt for no reason.and the play was really on the other side of the field.not tryin to be a whiner but whoever plays them,well thats the type of stuff to be ready for.

did they shake hands after the game? I saw several from Galax refuse to do so after the Castlewood game...thought it was kinda poor sportsmanship and a direct reflection on how they must be coached.

Really though other than the one guy makin a few poor choices the rest of the team seemed to play with class i would say! And they did shake hands im pretty sure all went thru the line. I would think that the ejection of a teammate last week that he would think about stuff like that but some people jus never learn but he didnt get caught so ... i jus dont like to see that as i said before and i would be the first to complain if a player on my team played like that ... and other than those select cheapies the young man had a good ballgame, just needs to let his good game do the talkin, for me the cheapies overshadowed his good game!

Edited by OrangeStreak

they will definately have their hands full. But Clintwood is a tough bunch and are hard to stop on offense. They really approach offense in a way that not too many teams see anymore, 3 yards at a time with some passing sprinkled in. They just come at opponents differently than most are used to.