gw / clintwood score?

Lance

Sussex is the higher seed in the eastern div so they host the lower seed from the west which is clintwood.

Galax is the higher seed in the west div so they host lunenburg.

dont have a clue about sussex but my first reaction to that score would be galax or clintwood has slim chance of beating them.i think if clintwood gets a shot at galax they can win.i hope cwood gets by lunenberg.galax has a good team but ,clintwood has the strength to put the ball in the endzone when they get it in the red zone.honaker just couldnt take across the goaline,but had their chances.

Sussex is the higher seed in the eastern div so they host the lower seed from the west which is clintwood.

Galax is the higher seed in the west div so they host lunenburg.

Mapquest says 6 hours 59 min from Clintwood to Sussex.

Mapquest says 3 hours 51 min from Lunenburg to Galax.

Long hauls both ways.

Mapquest says 6 hours 59 min from Clintwood to Sussex.

Mapquest says 3 hours 51 min from Lunenburg to Galax.

Long hauls both ways.

stupid...they should just keep it regional all the way to state then meet in the middle at JMU, Va Tech, Liberty or some place like that. There is no way a school like Clintwood should be made to travel across the state for a semi's match up.

Just want to say to GW fans thanks for a great reception. Very classy.

You guys were great to have, and a very classy bunch yourselves. Fantastic atmosphere out there today. Congrats once again on the win, and best of luck!

dont have a clue about sussex but my first reaction to that score would be galax or clintwood has slim chance of beating them.i think if clintwood gets a shot at galax they can win.i hope cwood gets by lunenberg.galax has a good team but ,clintwood has the strength to put the ball in the endzone when they get it in the red zone.honaker just couldnt take across the goaline,but had their chances.

I think Clintwood might matchup better than you think. This was their schedule to date:

Sussex Central Schedule:

Date Home/Away Opponent W-L Score

9/09 H Greensville County 2-7 [W 30-12]

9/16 A Colonial Beach 3-8 [W 28-21]

9/23 H Northumberland 8-4 [ W 68-22]

9/30 A Middlesex 0-9 [W 44-6]

10/07 A Brunswick 1-9 [ L 8-12]

10/14 H Windsor 6-4 [W 22-14]

10/21 A Charles City Co. 3-8 [ W 56-18]

10/28 H Franklin 5-5 [W 30-6]

11/04 A Surry County 3-6 [W 28-6]

11/11 A West Point 2-7 [W 68-6]

11/18 A Altavista 6-6 [W 20-12]

11/26 H Covington 9-3 [W 88-8]

Not sure what happened in the Covington beatdown but "Good Lord!"

Edited by sportsfan

I think Clintwood might matchup better than you think. This was their schedule to date:

Sussex Central Schedule:

Date Opponent W-L Score

9/09 H Greensville County 2-7 W 30-12

9/16 A Colonial Beach 3-8 W 28-21

9/23 H Northumberland 8-4 W 68-22

9/30 A Middlesex 0-9 W 44-6

10/07 A Brunswick 1-9 L 8-12

10/14 H Windsor 6-4 W 22-14

10/21 A Charles City Co. 3-8 W 56-18

10/28 H Franklin 5-5 W 30-6

11/04 A Surry County 3-6 W 28-6

11/11 A West Point 2-7 W 68-6

11/18 A Altavista 6-6 W 20-12

11/26 H Covington 9-3 W 88-8

Not sure what happened in the Covington beatdown but "Good Lord!"

Will somebody explain how this happened ----88 to 8 on a 9-3 school and losing to a 1 and 9 school???

Will somebody explain how this happened ----88 to 8 on a 9-3 school and losing to a 1 and 9 school???

Two words....Pioneer District.

That league is dreadful, and Covington managed to open the playoffs with two straight games against other Pioneer teams, Parry McCluer and Bath County.

Covington has gotten spanked every time they have stepped on the field with a relatively good team.

by quite large margins.... so they probably didn't play anyone. The scariest part to me is they won 2 playoff games before this game. This is what you get when you add a week and water down the playoffs even more than they used to be, i used to feel the first round was worthless under the old system.

Im gonna put it to yall this way, I have witnessed the teams from up east including sussex central play football against teams from down here more than once. Over the past ten years the wins go to the east instead of the west but eastern teams dont like to get hit. If Clintwood can keep the smash mouth football up and play like they mean it then itll be another win for the Green Wave. Im not going to be a bit surprised to see that Sussex Central will be fast and execute plays very well, but getting hit in the mouth over and over hurts and eastern teams dont like pain. It gets them jumpy and off track. Go out and hit them on every down Green Wave and show em that smash mouth up the gut football is what we play down here and its how we win down here.

I think Brunswick is a double A school. 1-9 can be misleading in that sitiuation. I'm sure we've all seen games where a lousy double A team beat the crap out of a decent single A team.