100 to 2

bucfan64

Reading the article it sounds like the coach did not intentionally run the score up, it was just a case of the other team being vastly inferior. True he probably knew that on the outset and could have never pressed and done a few other things to make the score more respectible but punishing the kids by canceling the season would be terribly wrong.

From a coaching perspective I think that teams that are pressing late in the game with a 40 point lead are showing far worse sportmanship than this team did. Just because the score is 80-40 instead of 100-2 it still doesnt justify running the score up.

Interesting. And I wonder how long the quarters are in Kentucky. 70 points in one half is insane at any level.

When I was a member of the hoops team at RMS, we defeated another local team by a score of 46-8. I don't remember much being made of it -- except that was the first of a "home and home" series against that particular school and they chose not to show up for the second game in Richlands later in that same season. (And our coach officially noted it as a forfeit.)

When I was a member of the hoops team at RMS, we defeated another local team by a score of 46-8. I don't remember much being made of it -- except that was the first of a "home and home" series against that particular school and they chose not to show up for the second game in Richlands later in that same season. (And our coach officially noted it as a forfeit.)

Yeh, I remember putting some nasty smack-downs on a few other schools back in Jr. High...Grundy, Pocahontas, Berwind, Cleveland, and Woodlawn just to name a few. I know for a fact that each of those schools scored less than 10 points on us at least once (some more than once).