galax vs clintwood

fridaynightfun

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as I post this I get this stupidity posted on the LPD board....

posted by musiqsdestiny...

I'm right here...first of all I wasn't bragging I was quoting facts and giving credit where credit is due....The ironic thing is that EVERY single Clintwood fan I spoke to at the end of the game all basically said the EXACT samething.....that the ONLY reason Clintwood won this game was because of 20pts that was handed to them due to the ball getting caught up by the wind in mid air on kicks and Galax losing it, thus resulting in it clanking off of a helment and Clintwood recovering it in excellent field position, my grandmother could of scored with that kind of field position, not to mention that those were the ONLY times Clintwood even ended up in the redzone the entire game, because before that moment Galax was clearly on route to putting up 35pts before the half because Galax moved the ball with ease the entire game and had completely shut Clintwoods offense down the entire game with the exception of 3 good drives that Clintwood had....Not to mention the time keeper that let 3+ seconds run off the clock of 4 different plays and clearly blaten pass interference call that wasn't called on the last pass of the game, if you check the replay you will see that the defender on Deon George (WR #8) clearly tackled him while the ball was in mid-air and then stood straight looking for the flag, and completely had a shocked look on his face when he realized they didn't. But without even requesting a review the VHSL has already requested game film to look over cause there even curious about the last 30secs of the game.....I'd like to take this time to quote a group of Clintwood fans that I recorded and interviewed at the end of the game....."Honestly?...I'm not gonna lie, I am very happy that the Greenwave and LPD pride brought home the state championship trophy, but in my heart I know we got lucky today cause that Tide team was very very good!! (another Clintwood fan) Yea, I mean yes we did score 14pts on our own but the rest we got lucky and had handed to us because of some faulty kicks and then got that huge break when Galax blew there coverage on that 4th down play. (Another Clintwood fan) Yea cause Galax showed the entire game that when they wasn't making mistakes there was nothing we could do to stop them on both offense and defense which surprises me cause we so much bigger than them, but yea I agree with everyone else, had we not go those few breaks Galax would of killed us and we all know that, but still yet im glad we won".......Those were clintwood fans talking need I remind you...I didn't speak to a single Clintwood fan that said the greenwave flat out beat Galax. Spoke to plenty that said you all got lucky. Honestly, there were just about 3 plays the entire game that I was impressed with in dealing with Clintwood and there were, the long pass in the 2nd half for a TD, the 30yrd run in the 2nd half for a TD, and the fact that you all did run some clock with the running game in the 2nd half despite not being able to put points on the board, the truth of the matter is and I as well as every other news station and analyst that was there all have unanomously agreed that (minus the natural wind elements that helped Clintwood and Galax's one blown coverage on the 4th down play that resulted in a touch) Galax completely dominated this game, they out ran, out passed, had more yardage on special teams, and more tackles for loss's and interceptions....Clintwood simply had some FANTASTIC things go there way with some kicks and such which resulted in Cake touchdowns, take those away and its Clear that Galax steamrolls over the greenwave in this game, not mention that Galax STILL almost won the game....But Clintwood is the State Champions and much congradulations to them

This is the mind of a woman that is one long run on sentence. No offense to the women that really know football but this one does not. Disregard all you CW fans. Ironlung don't get to caught up in this...it's just a bunch of high school kids that played their hearts out and gave the crowd a good game. Easy on those lungs...you won, the game is over...now let's move on to the next sport or next year:) Stressing = Heart problems

Edited by sportsfan

And if he was not down there was without a doubt no receiver within 20 yards of that throw

That's what I was thinking, that it was intentional grounding. Is there an automatic clock runoff in high school on an offensive penalty like in the NFL?

Good pics...

You can tell from pic #418 that the WR's left foot is starting to slip before any contact is made by the defender behind him. In #417, the foot is already out from under him before #11 comes in with the big hit.

There was obviously contact on the play but the contact did not prevent the receiver from catching the ball. He was falling before the ball even got there and had no chance of catching it.

Good pics...

You can tell from pic #418 that the WR's left foot is starting to slip before any contact is made by the defender behind him. In #417, the foot is already out from under him before #11 comes in with the big hit.

There was obviously contact on the play but the contact did not prevent the receiver from catching the ball. He was falling before the ball even got there and had no chance of catching it.

I watched this online and could not tell one way or the other what really happened. This game was great for the fans because it came down to the last play to decide who the state champion was....and those are great games for fans...I'm sure both sides fans were all standing up right to the last tick. Thank you CW and Galax for a memorable state A final game!

This is the mind of a woman that is one long run on sentence. No offense to the women that really know football but this one does not. Disregard all you CW fans. Ironlung don't get to caught up in this...it's just a bunch of high school kids that played their hearts out and gave the crowd a good game. Easy on those lungs...you won, the game is over...now let's move on to the next sport or next year:) Stressing = Heart problems

They claim to be a "sports analyst" in your area. I'm not caught up in anything, nor am I stressing about anything, just giving visual proof of some of the stupidity we've been subjected to the past week.

my pics of the next to last play...i don't think the kids knee was ever down before the pass....the way he was tackled, he was rolled around and the ball flew out half way during the sack...i don't see how you could call him down on that one....just being honest, i thought that was the correct call.

start of the play as he rolls right:

IMG_2925.jpg

arm is cocked and ready to throw:

IMG_2926.jpg

sacked and spun around, ball is out and on it's way...you can see the Clintwood player is under him and I don't think any part of the QB has hit the ground yet:

IMG_2927.jpg

Clintwood secondary is looking up at the ball...it's already high enough to be out of the pic:

IMG_2928.jpg

Excellent angle and pics. I stand corrected then.

heck of a play by that kid to get the pass off if you think about it. really on back to back plays...because they had him on the last play dead to rights and he somehow got the pass off and far enough to get it in to the endzone...

IMG_2942.jpg

IMG_2943.jpg

IMG_2944.jpg

On the next to last play in real time I thought he got the pass off(great play on his part. On the last play obviously the WR was falling down before the ball got anywhere near him. Yes it was prob pass inteference because a Clintwood DB did hit him before the ball got there but there was NO WAY he was gonna make the catch. Good no call imo.

On the next to last play in real time I thought he got the pass off(great play on his part. On the last play obviously the WR was falling down before the ball got anywhere near him. Yes it was prob pass inteference because a Clintwood DB did hit him before the ball got there but there was NO WAY he was gonna make the catch. Good no call imo.

just a what if...but if he had made the catch on that last play he would have had a hard time hanging on to it, because he would have taken one of the biggest hits of his life afterwards...if he is standing upright with both feet planted when he gets hit...would have been leveled.

I dont think there is any way he could have held on to it. The Clintwood player behind him would have tried to knock it away and like you said the one in front would have really leveled him. Obviously there is no way to say for sure that he wouldnt have caught it but he took a solid hit as it was and if he would have been standing up, arms extended it would have been highlight reel stuff.

For where the ball landed I thought he was in bad position anyway(needed to be farther back).

One thing no one has mentioned was there offensive scheme. Looked alot like Joe Gibbs and the Redskins(not this last time when they really sucked but the first time when they were actually good). What impressed me most was they were running some Zone Blocking and I have never seen it work on this level, granted was in a 4-3 most of the time. The Toss Sweep to the SE/H-Back side was zone. Overall it was a different look than we usually see. Like any offense some aspects hurt them and some helped them.

in the games i saw them play live, the two things Galax really had going for them on the ground was the QB draw and the trap play to the left...they ran the trap a lot and picked up good yards on it most of the time. Kinda reminded me of the old Graham play they killed people with...saw Bradshaw run it many times.

I dont remember them running the QB draw in the title game. There most successful run play was the toss sweep. They also ran a little Power play and a counter trap off of the Power. Altogether a nice Offense, I wouldnt run it full time but it was effective.

I dont remember them running the QB draw in the title game. There most successful run play was the toss sweep. They also ran a little Power play and a counter trap off of the Power. Altogether a nice Offense, I wouldnt run it full time but it was effective.

same play they ran out of the wildcat they scored on...they just put the #9 kid in a shotgun basically....he ran it right up the gut for about 80 yards....was just a different look.