Playoffs

wave316

PaulTenorio Paul Tenorio

Phoebus misses field goal, but refs calling roughing kicker. Replays show he was not touched. Ran into holder

CRTomGarrett Tom Garrett

Phoebus got bailed out after missed fg via roughing penalty. 3 min left, ball t sc 10.

DaveJohnsonDP Dave Johnson

Time out South County: Third-and-goal for Phoebus at the 6, 17-10 lead, 2:30 to go

Great State

And what regions have won more state title games? Regions I and II. Sure, Richlands has one, but even that one was too close to stomach. Having been away from VA for a while, I feel as if I have a better pulse on different areas of the state than I used to. I'd love to eat crow, but barring a 5+ turnover game from the R1/R2 representative, I won't be. D3 football is VERY imbalanced this year.
………And will be the sacrificial offering to whatever R1/R2 team makes it.
....... Since Gretna, the East has been superior. It's very pronounced this year, and I'm just giving you fair warning. All I'm saying is that this year, it would take a massive upset for the R4/R3 winner to win it all. We'll revisit this in December. Not trying to incite a flame war, but stating this as perspective of someone who has done a little homework.

Hey, I was just revisiting the topic as you said we would.....

he is always "spot on"...no use in arguing with him lol.

He's a smart guy, no doubt. I just hope he does a better job of research in his legal profession than he does for the arguments he makes on here.

He's a smart guy, no doubt. I just hope he does a better job of research in his legal profession than he does for the arguments he makes on here.

i'm sure there is a different level of effort involved...lol.

he just has a more optimistic meaning of "spot on" than most.

i'm sure there is a different level of effort involved...lol.

he just has a more optimistic meaning of "spot on" than most.

He tends to misrepresent the facts and then hates to get called on it. He obviously didn't research the actual D3 championship results over the last 10 years.

In addition, he’s one of the those “I can’t wait wait til the game is over so you can see that my opinion was based on stone cold logic and yours was based on ignorance” type of prognosticators. I wasn’t mocking him because he was wrong in stating that JM would win the championship. I was doing it because he was so confident that the region 1 - region 2 winner would take the region 3 - region 4 winner to the woodshed.

He tends to misrepresent the facts and then hates to get called on it. He obviously didn't research the actual D3 championship results over the last 10 years.

In addition, he’s one of the those “I can’t wait wait til the game is over so you can see that my opinion was based on stone cold logic and yours was based on ignorance†type of prognosticators. I wasn’t mocking him because he was wrong in stating that JM would win the championship. I was doing it because he was so confident that the region 1 - region 2 winner would take the region 3 - region 4 winner to the woodshed.

I researched the previous 10 years' D3 playoff results. It was 5-5. Region IV, however, had exactly one of those. Brookville and Cave Spring had very underwhelming regular seasons compared to their counterparts in the East. Richlands was the only team in III/IV that was better than 9-1, and it had become fattened on cupcakes. There were THREE teams in I/II that were undefeated and had played significantly stronger competition. It doesn't take a lawyer to figure out which Regions should be the overwhelming favorites here.

So Brookville, a team playing on raw emotion after losing its best player the week before, drove 5 miles to beat a more athletic team that had driven 200 by 1 point. Good for the Bees. I probably shouldn't have made the prediction so lopsided, but if you knew anything about HS football, you weren't predicting Brookville to win.

If you need this to bring fulfillment to your life, go ahead and take it. Says more about you than me.

he is always "spot on"...no use in arguing with him lol.

What does this mean? If you make a bunch of predictions like I do, some of them are going to be wrong. For every "Oregon's going to kill Stanford", you miss a "James Monroe will be your D3 state champion". I can live with that.

And given some of your opinions on AB, this is a few levels beyond the pot calling the kettle black.

Bringing my profession into this is simply uncalled for.

Needless to say, I put infinitely more effort into that than I do prognosticating college/HS football.

What does this mean? If you make a bunch of predictions like I do, some of them are going to be wrong. For every "Oregon's going to kill Stanford", you miss a "James Monroe will be your D3 state champion". I can live with that.

And given some of your opinions on AB, this is a few levels beyond the pot calling the kettle black.

Needless to say, I put infinitely more effort into that than I do prognosticating college/HS football.

eh...i'm not always right about everything, who is? lol. I'm just giving you a hard time man.

i agree...no reason to get personal about it.

If you need this to bring fulfillment to your life, go ahead and take it. Says more about you than me.

Not really, just said what I did because I thought you overreacted to a small barb from me.

You're right........I apologize and regret I made that comment.

eh...i'm not always right about everything, who is? lol. I'm just giving you a hard time man.

i agree...no reason to get personal about it.

No problem, then. We'lre good. Hard to tell over the internet sometimes.

There's nothing more for me to say on the subject, really. Better things to do. At the end of the day, we're all friends.