LPD and State Titles

Single_A_Fan

After looking at a thread over at the LPD Forum I did a little research on the LPD and got these numbers:

Powell Valley Champions 1998, 1997, 1995, 1994, 1990, 1989, 1985, 1982

Runner Up 2004

Appalachia Champions 1997, 1996, 1994, 1992, 1989, 1971

Runner Up 2002, 1993, 1980

Clintwood Champions 2011, 1978, 1975, 1974

Runner Up 2008, 2007, 1973

JJ Kelly Champions 1981

JI Burton Champions 1972

Runner Up 2009, 2006, 2005, 2004, 1998, 1990

Pound Runner Up 1999

Gate City Champions 2003 (I think Gate City was in the LPD in 2003)

That is 21 Championships and 14 Runner Ups from 1970-2011

From 1986 to 2011 there have been two divisions in Single A football. So that is two championship games per year in Single A for 25 years which totals 50 state championship games in that span.

From 1970 to 1985 there was one division thus 1 game for each of those 15 years.

So there have been a total of 65 State Championship games since 1970.

Out of 65 State Games, 35 of them have had and LPD team in them which is over half. And in 21 of those they won the Title.

There may be errors, you guys correct me where I'm wrong. I have cross referenced the info at VHSL and vhsl-reference.com to get these figures.

Astounding

That is astounding. It is a great accomplishment and one we should all be proud of. That's why we all shouted LPD LPD at the playoff games. When you play in a conference like that it can't help but make you better.

To me its an amazing accomlishment to see a district down here in this little end of the state that has been so dominant in a sport. Im from the LPD and played at powell valley so it makes me feel real proud to be a part of these numbers. I just hope that this new realignment junk dont break up the LPD

To me its an amazing accomlishment to see a district down here in this little end of the state that has been so dominant in a sport. Im from the LPD and played at powell valley so it makes me feel real proud to be a part of these numbers. I just hope that this new realignment junk dont break up the LPD

That and Consoladation will kill it......Norton and Clintwood are the only 2 oragional members as it now stands.....soon Clintwood will be part of DC High and Burton in the Cumberland.....I HOPE that it can be rebuilt something like (DC High, Central, Union, Eastside, Lee, and GC)

That and Consoladation will kill it......Norton and Clintwood are the only 2 oragional members as it now stands.....soon Clintwood will be part of DC High and Burton in the Cumberland.....I HOPE that it can be rebuilt something like (DC High, Central, Union, Eastside, Lee, and GC)

I would love to see Lee and Gate City in the LPD. Eastside needs to be but they cn justify being in the Cumberland. If you put DC, Union, Central, Lee, and GateCity in the same district it would be one of the most competitive districts around