BlueTornadoFan

Who will win?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Denver Broncos AKA Fighting Tebows
    • New England Patriots.

Guest StoneyCalhoun
Who will win?

BTF, I just want to say your sig from the commercial is incorrect. (Sorry pet peeve) Tebow was highly touted out of HS, and SEC schools were begging him to play QB. #1 Dual Threat QB in his class.

This is coming from a Tebow fan, but this stuff is getting blown up way too much. Many people expected him to succeed at what he is doing now, no one expected him to play like Peyton Manning and sit in the pocket.

BTF, I just want to say your sig from the commercial is incorrect. (Sorry pet peeve) Tebow was highly touted out of HS, and SEC schools were begging him to play QB. #1 Dual Threat QB in his class.

This is coming from a Tebow fan, but this stuff is getting blown up way too much. Many people expected him to succeed at what he is doing now, no one expected him to play like Peyton Manning and sit in the pocket.

Many people expected Tebow to fail. Almost all of the ESPN analysts beside Bayless, who's in love with him, thinks that he will fail. Nobody was expecting Tebow to be like Peyton, obviously, because Tebow depends on his legs often, he can't stay in the pocket long enough. I guess I'll just get rid of it then.

Guest StoneyCalhoun

Lol, if you like it don't get rid of it. I was just letting you know. And I know many people never thought he wouldn't start in the NFL, but the way he plays allows them to win. That is not stereotypical, which is where the criticism from many comes from.

My point is this: Tebow is revolutionizing the QB position. He was top of his class in HS, and immediately saw time at UF as a Freshman when Leak was playing well. I just don't like what the media portrays him as, and what the media is trying to make him. People forget that the same person that drafted Peyton said he would take him over any QB in that draft class, and that the QB guru (i.e. how many times have you now heard back shoulder throw since he said it at QB Camp*) John Gruden loved him and claimed he would do what he is doing now.

Tim Tebow as Tim Tebow is a great story. Everybody is going to have an opinion, why can't we just enjoy the way he plays? He isn't a victim by far. The media, truly is not a villain, although I may think so at times as well. They are simply giving their opinion.

I enjoy watching Tebow, but I can't stand the media madness. Let the kid play and let us enjoy watching him. The football is good enough, we don't need the drama.

*Another pet peeve.

Once again, according to all the experts, Patriots have already won and just waiting on the winner of Baltimore and Houston. Im not a Denver fan, but right now it's a Great story to watch. If the Broncos win this week, Tebow could run for President. And i promise you this, all the Networks are pulling for Tebow also, Tebow-mania is great for ratings.

Once again, according to all the experts, Patriots have already won and just waiting on the winner of Baltimore and Houston. Im not a Denver fan, but right now it's a Great story to watch. If the Broncos win this week, Tebow could run for President. And i promise you this, all the Networks are pulling for Tebow also, Tebow-mania is great for ratings.

I hope that the Pats are going to overlook the Broncos, but I doubt it. I agree, Tebow mania is great for ratings. Tebow just keeps on proving these so called "analysts" wrong. It's going to be a whole lot closer than what people think it is...

That 2nd quarter looked like the WVU game, the Broncos receivers dropped several balls and the defense just couldnt handle Tom Brady and Company. I just dont see Tim Tebow being a long term quarterback for the Broncos.

I've said that since day 1. And noone wanted to hear it. Sure, he's gonna win games. He can take a team to the playoffs. But the style he plays, and the style system he requires won't allow him to get a ring. And that is the Only goal. Not winning regular season games winning 3-4 straight in Jan-Feb. He proved a lot of people wrong. And far surpassed what I expected from him. But I just don't see a Super Bowl Champion in him.

Guest The Variable
I've said that since day 1. And noone wanted to hear it. Sure, he's gonna win games. He can take a team to the playoffs. But the style he plays, and the style system he requires won't allow him to get a ring. And that is the Only goal. Not winning regular season games winning 3-4 straight in Jan-Feb. He proved a lot of people wrong. And far surpassed what I expected from him. But I just don't see a Super Bowl Champion in him.

Marino never got a Ring.

That 2nd quarter looked like the WVU game, the Broncos receivers dropped several balls and the defense just couldnt handle Tom Brady and Company. I just dont see Tim Tebow being a long term quarterback for the Broncos.

Tebow will be successful in the NFL. His work ethic won't allow him to fail. You guys that predict his failure are a part of the very reason he will succeed. He's been told he would never make it as a quarterback since he was in high school, and he proved all the naysayers wrong. Whether he's the starting quarterback for the Broncos or another team, he will improve from year to year because he works at it relentlessly. He'll learn to be more patient in the pocket. He'll learn to run less and trust his receivers more. He'll learn he doesn't have to win every game on his own, and he'll learn to read the defenses better. He's young, he's talented, and he's teachable. He's not a prima donna, and will help his team win no matter what it takes.

I have never been a Bronco's fan, and when he was in college I actually didn't like Tebow. But when I hear all the Tebow bashing it makes me pull for the guy. I think he's hated partly because of his faith, and that is another reason I am in his camp. He's always going to have his detractors, and I think they will fuel his fire to succeed.

Guest The Variable
Tebow will be successful in the NFL. His work ethic won't allow him to fail. You guys that predict his failure are a part of the very reason he will succeed. He's been told he would never make it as a quarterback since he was in high school, and he proved all the naysayers wrong. Whether he's the starting quarterback for the Broncos or another team, he will improve from year to year because he works at it relentlessly. He'll learn to be more patient in the pocket. He'll learn to run less and trust his receivers more. He'll learn he doesn't have to win every game on his own, and he'll learn to read the defenses better. He's young, he's talented, and he's teachable. He's not a prima donna, and will help his team win no matter what it takes.

I have never been a Bronco's fan, and when he was in college I actually didn't like Tebow. But when I hear all the Tebow bashing it makes me pull for the guy. I think he's hated partly because of his faith, and that is another reason I am in his camp. He's always going to have his detractors, and I think they will fuel his fire to succeed.

Ill add on to this. You nailed the mental toughness and work ethic. The Broncos do not have a winning Offensive Roster. Moreno was hurt all year. Your wide outs are all sub starter quality in Thomas, Decker and Royal. Thomas will likely improve, Decker will be a mediocre slot reciever and Royal so far has been a bust. He had 0 Tight End talent, a NECESSITY in the league right now. And everyone who points out his low passing % need to take a look at all the dropped passes. Without those drops I would say that he completed 1/2 more of that percentage. That keeps drives alive. In what was essentially a rookie season starting (what would he learn behind Orton?) he did an EXCELLENT job getting those players to play above their talent.

Now you can say that the Defense wins them games. Thats fine. You have a handful of teams still in the playoffs that do that. Texans, Ravens and 49ers. As this young team matures, and Tebow develops, you will see a better team. Either way, Tebows future will be told next season and how he handles the off season and what Denver does about building the team around this offensive style. I think the option CAN work with a player like this. I think it would be great if it catches on a little bit. I hate how pass heavy this league has become. And I like how a real role model in the NFL has taken the spotlight.

Ill add on to this. You nailed the mental toughness and work ethic. The Broncos do not have a winning Offensive Roster. Moreno was hurt all year. Your wide outs are all sub starter quality in Thomas, Decker and Royal. Thomas will likely improve, Decker will be a mediocre slot reciever and Royal so far has been a bust. He had 0 Tight End talent, a NECESSITY in the league right now. And everyone who points out his low passing % need to take a look at all the dropped passes. Without those drops I would say that he completed 1/2 more of that percentage. That keeps drives alive. In what was essentially a rookie season starting (what would he learn behind Orton?) he did an EXCELLENT job getting those players to play above their talent.

Now you can say that the Defense wins them games. Thats fine. You have a handful of teams still in the playoffs that do that. Texans, Ravens and 49ers. As this young team matures, and Tebow develops, you will see a better team. Either way, Tebows future will be told next season and how he handles the off season and what Denver does about building the team around this offensive style. I think the option CAN work with a player like this. I think it would be great if it catches on a little bit. I hate how pass heavy this league has become. And I like how a real role model in the NFL has taken the spotlight.

^^^^Well said^^^^

You didn't see alot this season. There are a great many of quarterbacks that people did not see with a ring that ended up with one. Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer (this one alone kills your argument), Joe Namath, Jim Plunkett, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler and even John Elway who won his in the twilight of his carreer on the back of a STRONG running game. Dan Marino is one of the greatest QB's to play the game, and he never got a ring. That kind of puts him and Tebow in the same boat according to you. There were some other fellows that never got a ring Fran Tarkenton (you probably do not even know who this is), Boomer Esiason, Jim Kelly Some of the best QB's in the history of the game never made it to a Super Bowl like Dan Fouts and Warren Moon. Your whole notion of "But I just don't see a Super Bowl Champion in him" is utterly ridiculous. I am fine if you don't like the guy, but you have made yourself look silly trying to throw this guy under the bus. What you are not mentioning about the game yesterday is how totally inept the Broncos defense was. Which makes Tebow even more impressive and knocks the notion that all of those wins during the season belonged to the defense. His "style" as you say, has effected the entire NFL and will bring the option and zone read as a staple of some teams (ex. Cam Newton.) At one time, people like yourself said that the Run N' Shoot offense could not survive and was a gimmick. That offense changed the league and the position of quarterback. You whole argument should be "I don't like the guy." That I can handle and respect. Don't try to convince everyone that he is a loser, when he has proven himself to be a starting NFL quarterback and by far the best role model the NFL has produced in decades. All in all, he may be a Denver Bronco (which I hate), but he is a winner. And has done enough to garner my respect and yours.

You didn't see alot this season. There are a great many of quarterbacks that people did not see with a ring that ended up with one. Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer (this one alone kills your argument), Joe Namath, Jim Plunkett, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler and even John Elway who won his in the twilight of his carreer on the back of a STRONG running game. Dan Marino is one of the greatest QB's to play the game, and he never got a ring. That kind of puts him and Tebow in the same boat according to you. There were some other fellows that never got a ring Fran Tarkenton (you probably do not even know who this is), Boomer Esiason, Jim Kelly Some of the best QB's in the history of the game never made it to a Super Bowl like Dan Fouts and Warren Moon. Your whole notion of "But I just don't see a Super Bowl Champion in him" is utterly ridiculous. I am fine if you don't like the guy, but you have made yourself look silly trying to throw this guy under the bus. What you are not mentioning about the game yesterday is how totally inept the Broncos defense was. Which makes Tebow even more impressive and knocks the notion that all of those wins during the season belonged to the defense. His "style" as you say, has effected the entire NFL and will bring the option and zone read as a staple of some teams (ex. Cam Newton.) At one time, people like yourself said that the Run N' Shoot offense could not survive and was a gimmick. That offense changed the league and the position of quarterback. You whole argument should be "I don't like the guy." That I can handle and respect. Don't try to convince everyone that he is a loser, when he has proven himself to be a starting NFL quarterback and by far the best role model the NFL has produced in decades. All in all, he may be a Denver Bronco (which I hate), but he is a winner. And has done enough to garner my respect and yours.

We are obviously apart on the subject. You won't change my mind, I won't change yours. No need in having the same argument we were having months ago. I'm putting the Tebow talk away for the next 7 months.

Guest The Variable
We are obviously apart on the subject. You won't change my mind, I won't change yours. No need in having the same argument we were having months ago. I'm putting the Tebow talk away for the next 7 months.

Itll come up during draft time, then you can have the rest of your break.

Itll come up during draft time, then you can have the rest of your break.

You're probably right. Lol. I'm honestly tired of talking about it. It's old. It's the same thing every time. His 8-5 record vs. his $#!@@* stats. No one will ever budge. Lol.

Good post. The only quibble I have is that the Broncos WR's aren't "sub-starter quality". They're average. Not great, not good, but NFL average. They're pretty much a team full of NFL #3 WRs.

Edited by UVAObserver