Stephen Colbert's doing it again...maybe

ThomasDenton

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/stephen-colbert-transfers-super-pac-to-jon-stewart-teases-entry-to-republican-primary-in-sc/2012/01/12/gIQAuLSmuP_story.html

Personally, I hope he runs, even if it's just in South Carolina. I know that if he does run there, he'll get a lot of votes just from being an SC native and being famous, but what does it say about the current candidates if he actually won in SC? I wish he'd just run all out and not just in SC.

Guest The Variable
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/stephen-colbert-transfers-super-pac-to-jon-stewart-teases-entry-to-republican-primary-in-sc/2012/01/12/gIQAuLSmuP_story.html

Personally, I hope he runs, even if it's just in South Carolina. I know that if he does run there, he'll get a lot of votes just from being an SC native and being famous, but what does it say about the current candidates if he actually won in SC? I wish he'd just run all out and not just in SC.

As dumb as the candidates are, this guy is a lunatic. Hes a child and decidedly UNfunny without material spoonfed to him.

As dumb as the candidates are, this guy is a lunatic. Hes a child and decidedly UNfunny without material spoonfed to him.

I think he's hilarious. White House correspondents dinner? Win.

But he shouldn't run.

Guest The Variable
I think he's hilarious. White House correspondents dinner? Win.

But he shouldn't run.

Wasting time at a congressional hearing on agriculture to act like the imbecile that he is? Fail.

The guy is a jerk, and he is no better than anyone he makes fun of.

I never got the appeal of Stephen Collburt. He's like a Goodwill Jon Stewart, but slightly more political and 10000x less funny.

Guys with nice hair who bash our viewpoints are never our favorites. Same reason I don't like Glenn Beck.

Guest The Variable
Haha, they invited him.

ONE congresswoman invited him. Nobody but her was amused.

ONE congresswoman invited him. Nobody but her was amused.

He was invited by the president of the White House Press Corps association who thought that Colbert's character of conservative mockery was legitimate. Several people there and abroad were outwardly amused. He lashed into the media pretty good too. Obviously people have issues with it and I'm not going to debate the ethics of it, but it made me laugh and entertained me to pieces.

He was invited by the president of the White House Press Corps association who thought that Colbert's character of conservative mockery was legitimate. Several people there and abroad were outwardly amused. He lashed into the media pretty good too. Obviously people have issues with it and I'm not going to debate the ethics of it, but it made me laugh and entertained me to pieces.

Not to mention he had a pretty good message, as well.

You know what they say...If you aren't catching flak, then you aren't over the target.

Guest The Variable
Not to mention he had a pretty good message, as well.

You know what they say...If you aren't catching flak, then you aren't over the target.

His message was nothing. It was illogical gibberish. If he had done this during some dumb hearing like when congress wanted to get involved with the BCS then that is something. This hearing was actually over important things like ethanol subsidies which consequently is part of the reason food prices are so high. What did he say about immigration? Nothing. He tried to imitate some liberal created stereotypes as to what conservatives think.

Guys, our current system IS a joke and Colbert is a political SATIRIST. He purposely makes fun of things to show how ridiculous they really are. It's his job. Like him or hate him, most things about our government suck and he's just pointing it out. John Stewart does the same thing. Everyone likes to talk about how the current people running and the media are just one big circus, but when you get someone in there that's actually doing it on purpose just to show how ridiculous it really is, it just seems like you all jump to defend the circus you were calling out earlier.

Guest The Variable
Guys, our current system IS a joke and Colbert is a political SATIRIST. He purposely makes fun of things to show how ridiculous they really are. It's his job. Like him or hate him, most things about our government suck and he's just pointing it out. John Stewart does the same thing. Everyone likes to talk about how the current people running and the media are just one big circus, but when you get someone in there that's actually doing it on purpose just to show how ridiculous it really is, it just seems like you all jump to defend the circus you were calling out earlier.

Hes not saying anything that anybody is not already aware of. What he did was contribute to part of the problem. That makes him a problem. Its not funny, its not something to laugh at. Its significant. I think he is a pile of crap and a worthless human being. He provides no insight, no humor and no constructive value to society. So yeah, when everyone else is pissing us off by doing it on accident, why is it okay for someone to do it on purpose?

Like I said, he took up valuable time during a serious discussion just because another lowlife thought it would be great for him to show up and waste everyobodys time.

Hes not saying anything that anybody is not already aware of. What he did was contribute to part of the problem. That makes him a problem. Its not funny, its not something to laugh at. Its significant. I think he is a pile of crap and a worthless human being. He provides no insight, no humor and no constructive value to society. So yeah, when everyone else is pissing us off by doing it on accident, why is it okay for someone to do it on purpose?

Like I said, he took up valuable time during a serious discussion just because another lowlife thought it would be great for him to show up and waste everyobodys time.

LoL. He was the feature entertainer. Entertainer. Entertainer. Entertainer.

He's not everyone's cup of tea. But he didn't interrupt anything. He was brought there to entertain during a time slot at a dinner. And boy oh boy did he. He provided no insight because he stated the obvious to their face. It was monumentally hilarious and added value to my YouTube lineup.

Maybe you just don't get him. After all, I don't understand how Sheldon on "Big Bang Theory" is remotely humorous or entertaining. We'll agree to disagree.

Guest The Variable
LoL. He was the feature entertainer. Entertainer. Entertainer. Entertainer.

He's not everyone's cup of tea. But he didn't interrupt anything. He was brought there to entertain during a time slot at a dinner. And boy oh boy did he. He provided no insight because he stated the obvious to their face. It was monumentally hilarious and added value to my YouTube lineup.

Maybe you just don't get him. After all, I don't understand how Sheldon on "Big Bang Theory" is remotely humorous or entertaining. We'll agree to disagree.

We must be talking about 2 different things. I am talking about when colbert spoke during a congressional hearing on agricultural issues. It was not a dinner, and he did not say anything other than the crap on his show. I dont care about what he says on his show but Id rather not see time and money wasted like that. Its bad enough that they waste our time/money without him.