Josh Hess

hokie07

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing on his facebook at this point?

Just saw it on a few other message boards.

His Rivals profile no longer shows him as a FIU commit either. Thought maybe someone might have an inside track as to what he's thinking now.

Well, until he (or anyone) signs their LoI, who cares?

The whole thing about "getting" Juniors while PoY "late-bloomers" are still waiting for an offer is just another part of the ridiculous world of college sports

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/college/wb/302867

I'd say that recruits "care" about commitments and how they dictate open spots for others recruits on specific teams. Furthermore, since Rivals, Scout, ESPN, 247Sports and other recruiting services probably receive a million hits per day, I'd say that it is a safe bet that a few more people "care" too. Yes, a LOI is ultimately all that matters, but if you think that commitments don't mean anything then you're wrong.

Guest StoneyCalhoun
I'd say that recruits "care" about commitments and how they dictate open spots for others recruits on specific teams. Furthermore, since Rivals, Scout, ESPN, 247Sports and other recruiting services probably receive a million hits per day, I'd say that it is a safe bet that a few more people "care" too. Yes, a LOI is ultimately all that matters, but if you think that commitments don't mean anything then you're wrong.

+1.

Hope he goes to Marshall with Devon that would be great!

Interestingly enough, Marshall did have an OL decommit and commit to Kansas yesterday. Then the news about the Hess decommit surfaced. That's why I started this thread.

But that said, Marshall still has 2 JUCO linemen with offers that are at the top of their wishlist. They are looking for big bodies with size and experience that can come in and play immediately. I know that Marshall has "pulled" a couple kids' offers in the last few weeks because they took too long to commit and someone else took their scholarship. Problem is that Marshall only has anywhere from 1 to 3 scholarships maximum left to give this year, unless they can ultimately get some verbals to greyshirt and come in with the 2013 class. It will be interesting to see if Hess to Marshall is even still possible.

Hopefully it is. It would be cool to see him and Devon play together for 4 more years.

+2.

If Josh wanted to go to Marshall he could go...in a heartbeat...he is looking for the best deal and situation...he is a very smart kid and very level headed...he will end up somewhere and we will find out soon enough. He is going to need at least one and probably two years of program work before he is looking at any real play time if he goes to a bigger school...but man with a frame like that and the access to what these bigger schools have to offer for training and working out...he could be a beast if he works hard.

If Josh wanted to go to Marshall he could go...in a heartbeat...he is looking for the best deal and situation...he is a very smart kid and very level headed...he will end up somewhere and we will find out soon enough. He is going to need at least one and probably two years of program work before he is looking at any real play time if he goes to a bigger school...but man with a frame like that and the access to what these bigger schools have to offer for training and working out...he could be a beast if he works hard.

You can't go to a school if they aren't accepting anymore commits... and Marshall isn't right now. This week alone, they've turned 3 kids away with offers who tried to commit because the boat is full.

I agree that he has great potential. You can't teach size and smarts. Wherever he goes I'm sure he'll take advantage of not only a good education but also his opportunity to play and make an impact on the field.

Man, I love Signing Day. Hurry up next Wednesday!

Who has given him a offer from the ACC conference. I just hope he's able to go to a D-1 school that's close to home so we can watch him play. It's going to be something to go up to Marshall and watch Devon play at the next D-1 level. Coach Holiday has really turned that program around, I could see them in the top 25 AP poll in about two to three years from now. It's going to be something to watch on Feb 1 to see where everyone goes. Wishing the best to all players that are going to college to get there education and play at the next level no matter if its D-1,2 or 3 best wishes to you all.

You can't go to a school if they aren't accepting anymore commits... and Marshall isn't right now. This week alone, they've turned 3 kids away with offers who tried to commit because the boat is full.

I agree that he has great potential. You can't teach size and smarts. Wherever he goes I'm sure he'll take advantage of not only a good education but also his opportunity to play and make an impact on the field.

Man, I love Signing Day. Hurry up next Wednesday!

i'm telling you if he wants to go to Marshall and play he will...he has a lot of options open right now.

i'm telling you if he wants to go to Marshall and play he will...he has a lot of options open right now.

I don't doubt that he has a lot of options to play somewhere... but one of them isn't Marshall anymore, and unless things change drastically between now and Wednesday it's going to stay that way. I know that for a fact.

You've apparently got your sources and so do I. We'll just leave it at that.

It's between Marshall, Akron and Wake Forest. As of a few days ago, WFU was wanting him, but still has not offered a full scholarship. Im just saying you cant buy that kinda size. I think teams are making a mistake for overlooking him. 2 years in a big program's weight room, he could be really good!

Why are you so sure he's not going to Marshall hokie07. Josh was one of their top recriuts an you don't come across a kid with his smarts and size that often. I just hope he gets to go play somewhere close.

Out of those three schools I would have to go with Marshall being a better fit for him to get alot of playing time his freshman year, if he's willing to put in the hard work now in the weight room the same thing goes for Devon to he's going to have to work hard also to compete with players that are already got a head start on them. Knowing them two they'll put in the hard work to be ready for that next step in their life.

Why are you so sure he's not going to Marshall hokie07. Josh was one of their top recriuts an you don't come across a kid with his smarts and size that often. I just hope he gets to go play somewhere close.

I'm hearing that same buzz, too, from pretty good sources, that Marshall is backing off.