Twin Valley v. Hurley

jpdub95

I think it's going to get ugly and I hope Hurley doesn't let TV get to them because if they do it's going to cost them a run at state...TV isn't going anywhere, but Hurley has a shot if they don't screw it up by fighting in this game.

nothing against TV, just being honest based on what i've heard "might" be going down tonight.

I think Hurley will be just fine,they are not worried about Twin Valleys rough play.That is why Twin Valley has had such a bad season,instead of playing Basketball they try to show everyone how tough they are. NEWS FLASH,nobody cares.

so hurley is going to try to fight Twin Valley or is TV going to try and fight Hurley?

Because TVP players say that all the time, I haven't seen that yet.

Hurley should win, but TVP usually plays hard for at least a half with them. Could be a great game or a blowout.

so hurley is going to try to fight Twin Valley or is TV going to try and fight Hurley?

Because TVP players say that all the time, I haven't seen that yet.

Hurley should win, but TVP usually plays hard for at least a half with them. Could be a great game or a blowout.

seems to be some bad blood mostly on the TV side...you know how it is, talk..but you never know. The quote i heard was "I'm gonna make my last foul a good one".

See how it goes i guess...just hope the Hurley boys stay focused and dont get caught up in the BS...if there even is any.

If they wanted to fight, they should have did it at the last regular season TVP/HUR game, not in the biggest game of the season (so far for Hurley, and for sure for Twin Valley)

sounds like they both already know how its going to turn out to me.

does anyone know what (if at all) radio station will broadcast the game?

i think Grundy might have it...I talked to Lloyd earlier and he was headed there to cover it...not sure if he was doing radio or not.

Hurley pulled away in the last two minutes and won. The score doesn't really show how close of a game it was, it was mostly a 7-8 point game throughout and TV was just a few shots from taking the lead. Panthers just struggle on offense, but they are one of the best defensive teams in SWVA.

Hurley 60

Twin Valley 37

im glad that someone finally admitted they play pretty good defense, i hate how stupid people say stuff like them playing dirty...i admit there are a couple or at least one that i know of on that team that trys to do little things to get into their heads and stuff but he would be scared to death to ever try and fight anyone haha....hurley had someone like that when garrett horne and hunter simpson were seniors, he tried to just do stupid stuff to people and get in their heads and little cheap shots, his name was tyler cooper, now that he and his amigos are the more talented team everyone thinks that twin valley is trying to be dirty...congrats to twin valley on making it a good game and congrats to hurley on beating a team they should have and good luck in the regions, hopefully be catching a game or two

im glad that someone finally admitted they play pretty good defense, i hate how stupid people say stuff like them playing dirty...i admit there are a couple or at least one that i know of on that team that trys to do little things to get into their heads and stuff but he would be scared to death to ever try and fight anyone haha....hurley had someone like that when garrett horne and hunter simpson were seniors, he tried to just do stupid stuff to people and get in their heads and little cheap shots, his name was tyler cooper, now that he and his amigos are the more talented team everyone thinks that twin valley is trying to be dirty...congrats to twin valley on making it a good game and congrats to hurley on beating a team they should have and good luck in the regions, hopefully be catching a game or two

I'm sure the Hurley faithful appreciate the back-handed compliment.lol

no i really do wish them luck, it's not the kids that i have a problem with over there it's some of the fans, not their faults that most of the stuff their fans post on here makes no sense...which you have that alot at twin valley too, alot of parents that think they know a little about basketball and what it is going on...lol

The score doesn't really show how close of a game it was

Hurley 60

Twin Valley 37

Huh? A 23 point blow out and the game was closer than the score indicated? Not trying to be a smart arse, but that sounds like Hurley must have scored the last 20 points or so unanswered.

seems to be some bad blood mostly on the TV side...you know how it is, talk..but you never know. The quote i heard was "I'm gonna make my last foul a good one".

See how it goes i guess...just hope the Hurley boys stay focused and dont get caught up in the BS...if there even is any.

Lance, I don't appreciate the implication that the bad mood is "mostly" on the TV side. You are correct that it is mostly talk.....and the sources of that "TALK" are not in the least bit credible.

We play to win at TV, we really don't care who the opponent is, just becuase our style of play is more aggressive than some doesn't mean that we are looking for a "fight," anyone that has watched the three games this year between TV and Hurley will tell you that nothing even remotely resembling a hostile and violent atmosphere existed. Both teams are rivals........rivals want to beat each other, plain and simple. In the end it's a game, our kids and the Hurley kids have stepped up to that challenge and it is indeed a shame that so many adults in the area, can't do the same. Apparently, it is these folks who have taken a simple High school rivalry and turned it into something resembling violence and hatred!

The kids have set a positive example, it would be nice if those stirring the pot could stop for a minute and learn a lesson from a bunch of teenagers! Be careful as to what you hear from others and take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by bucfan64

Lance, I don't appreciate the implication that the bad mood is "mostly" on the TV side. You are correct that it is mostly talk.....and the sources of that "TALK" are not in the least bit credible.

We play to win at TV, we really don't care who the opponent is, just becuase our style of play is more aggressive than some doesn't mean that we are looking for a "fight," anyone that has watched the three games this year between TV and Hurley will tell you that nothing even remotely resembling a hostile and violent atmosphere existed. Both teams are rivals........rivals want to beat each other, plain and simple. In the end it's a game, our kids and the Hurley kids have stepped up to that challenge and it is indeed a shame that so many adults in the area, can't do the same. Apparently, it is these folks who have taken a simple High school rivalry and turned it into something resembling violence and hatred!

The kids have set a positive example, it would be nice if those stirring the pot could stop for a minute and learn a lesson from a bunch of teenagers! Be careful as to what you hear from others and take it with a grain of salt.

all i meant was that it seems to be more of a rivalry on the TV side than it does the Hurley side...i heard a lot of talk coming from TV people about this game and about zero from Hurley folks. Sorry if it upsets you, but it just seems like there are some hard feelings on the TV side but not so much on the Hurley side of things...and that's OK...doesn't really reflect negatively on the program at all. The question was how far were they going to go with it? I also heard the refs laid down the law before the game so i suspect that was a good deterrent.

Again, not saying anything bad at all about TV...just saying what i was hearing/reading that was being said from various people/places. I think its clear Hurley would have stood to lose a lot should something happen, say some kid hard fouled Waynick and he returned the favor and they were both tossed...Hurley without Waynick is not a good thing....and they are the ones moving on now...it would have cost them a lot more than it cost TV...thats all i was saying...and its true.

all i meant was that it seems to be more of a rivalry on the TV side than it does the Hurley side...i heard a lot of talk coming from TV people about this game and about zero from Hurley folks. Sorry if it upsets you, but it just seems like there are some hard feelings on the TV side but not so much on the Hurley side of things...and that's OK...doesn't really reflect negatively on the program at all. The question was how far were they going to go with it? I also heard the refs laid down the law before the game so i suspect that was a good deterrent.

Again, not saying anything bad at all about TV...just saying what i was hearing/reading that was being said from various people/places. I think its clear Hurley would have stood to lose a lot should something happen, say some kid hard fouled Waynick and he returned the favor and they were both tossed...Hurley without Waynick is not a good thing....and they are the ones moving on now...it would have cost them a lot more than it cost TV...thats all i was saying...and its true.

Not suggesting that u are the one saying these things, suggesting that u shouldn't listen and believe hearsay. We don't make any more of a deal about the Hurley game than Hurley used to make of it when we were on top. Furthermore, the implication is still there that they stood to lose more than we did, when in fact both teams stood to lose with an unfortunate incident. These kids aren't the ones with the problem, it is primarily a choice group of fans.

Not suggesting that u are the one saying these things, suggesting that u shouldn't listen and believe hearsay. We don't make any more of a deal about the Hurley game than Hurley used to make of it when we were on top. Furthermore, the implication is still there that they stood to lose more than we did, when in fact both teams stood to lose with an unfortunate incident. These kids aren't the ones with the problem, it is primarily a choice group of fans.

whoever moved on would have stood to lose the most...and right now Hurley are the favorites, so that's why it was put in such a way. Maybe thats not sensitive to the situation to say it like that and the best way to put it, but it's kinda like playing Richlands in football, or in most matches of any sport there is usually a favorite.

I think they one kid, and you probably know who i'm talking about...lol...i think he is just a little frustrated with the situation...good kid, nothing wrong with it really, he's just wanting to win...i understand it...but it was just a question of how far it would go...and luckily it was all talk and didn't go far. When you have a program like you guys have at TV and you have an expectation each year of going all the way with it and winning...then things just don't work out the way you hoped, i can understand how the kid feels...he's just frustrated.

Also, i didn't say i believed what was said...i was just saying what i heard...and i said i hope it doesn't get to that point...that's all.

I agree the fans usually act worse than the kids lol...pretty much like that everywhere...people get a little crazy about their sports lol.

Yeah, I knew you weren't suggesting it as your point of view, I figured that you had to have reason to say what you did, just wanted to clarify that some sources are not solid and they lead others to make suppositions about people or things that aren't accurate.

later,