G-Men win

Not saying Graham will win a lot this year but they are getting better. I can't recall the last time Graham only had 2 errors in a game. Usually it's in the neighborhood of 20. Plus with only 10 players (4 with varsity experience) all you can really hope for is to be competitive and win against the teams that you should beat.

As a person who has a nephew on the team (seemingly perenially)... I've had a lot of nephews play for Graham..... I have to say that these kids get a bad rap. There are good ball players on the team. They need pitching. The kids can hit and they have some good fielders. My nephews have been very good with the glove and the bat. Graham's problem year in and year out seems to be pitching. We've had some decent, and one extremely good pitcher defect to Tazewell in recent years. Graham has consistently had sub-par baseball teams, but I think they have kids that just need to be developed. Some of you all mentioned needing middle school baseball. I know two of my nephews spent a lot of time on their own in the batting cage and working on their swing...etc. The responsibility is not always on having an effective youth league. Sometimes kids and parents, if they want their kid to be a good ball player, need to put in the extra time and effort. Most kids just want to play to have fun, and really that's what it should be for. If a kid has talent and wants to develope his skills, then he needs to work hard at it. I just think it's unfair that Graham be labeled as a "bad" team. These kids aren't "bad".... They're out there putting forth their best effort and that's all that can be asked.

If you want a high quality team....somebody's going to have to start developing some pitchers and catchers (at a younger age)....those 2 have the ball in their hands most of the time...

Edited by futbolking