G-Girls 10 Tazewell 0

GMan

• 2 weeks later...

At what point do you have sportsmanship and say 3 for a hat-trick, maybe 4 but 7....thats on the coach. Kids don't know any better they just keep hammering away. I'd like to see coaches have a little more character....not downing G-Girls, they are great and I wish them the best of luck, saying this for all sports Football included.

From my understanding, she scored the goals fairly quickly/early in the game...wasn't like she was the "go to" player late in the game just trying to tack on more goals...

She IS that good...

Reminds me of a time when a team that I was a part of won 16-0....It was 8-0 in the first 15 minutes...One guy had already scored 6 goals... For the rest of the game...defense played offense....offense played defense....and we played 3 different GK's. Not much you can do when you can whip a team that bad...you can't tell kids to stop playing.

Reminds me of a time when a team that I was a part of won 16-0....It was 8-0 in the first 15 minutes...One guy had already scored 6 goals... For the rest of the game...defense played offense....offense played defense....and we played 3 different GK's. Not much you can do when you can whip a team that bad...you can't tell kids to stop playing.

I agree but you can stop one kid from scoring 6 or 7. If kids who have never scored at lighting it up I have no problem with that.

At what point do you have sportsmanship and say 3 for a hat-trick, maybe 4 but 7....thats on the coach. Kids don't know any better they just keep hammering away. I'd like to see coaches have a little more character....not downing G-Girls, they are great and I wish them the best of luck, saying this for all sports Football included.

lets all be politically correct and let everyone play no matter if they cannot. give everyone a trophy. what happened to the day when only the players that could actually play were in the game now it seems like everyone wants to play a kid that may should not be in a game to play and take the risk that he or she could get hurt because lack of skill enough to play just for the sake of getting everyone in the game. i dont feel running up the score is a good thing but in games no team is really out unless it is a total blow out any team could come back if you pull your starters out too early. last period yea if ahead by a good amount but by this logic you should pull a qb out is he throws 4 td passes or a running back scores 4 times dont let them play anymore.

I commented earlier in the season that Radford will be the team to beat in Region C...and I still believe it to be true...but I watched them play and they are somewhat down from past seasons....I think Graham may actually give them a run (this year)......but the competition is still awfully stiff on the other side of the state...I don't think most people realize just how good some of these teams are in single A.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree....I've seen Radford's girls once and they are considerably down.... Graham may win Region C....however....Region B still has some powerful teams in it, will be a stretch for Graham to compete with them.

Gate City is solid in Region D, also.

Edited by futbolking