NBA Finals

legend11

Durant: 19 shots, 3 assists

Westbrook: 32 shots, 5 assists

Anyone else see the problem with a SG jacking up 32 shots while having just 5 assists?

Westbrook does shoot a lot for a "PG" but I don't think Thunder fans can blame it on him. He shot <60% from the field had 40+ points.

The Thunder can't win on Durant and Westbrook alone. Tonight was a night where Harden needed to show why he's the 6th Man of the Year. Not having a 3rd scorer will bury you against good teams like the Heat.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would cheer for Virginia Tech to win a national championship before I would EVER cheer for that overgrown man-child to win anything other than Least Valuable Player.

I just want him to get his title so everyone will shut up about him never winning one. He's seriously one of the most talented players in the league and, according to the "experts," the only thing that "separates" him from the greats is a title and a Finals MVP. I've never seen a player garner such hatred for nothing, TBH.

When Lebron wins a NBA title and Tiger finally wins another Major all will be right in this world! ;)

I just want him to get his title so everyone will shut up about him never winning one. He's seriously one of the most talented players in the league and, according to the "experts," the only thing that "separates" him from the greats is a title and a Finals MVP. I've never seen a player garner such hatred for nothing, TBH.

When Lebron wins a NBA title and Tiger finally wins another Major all will be right in this world! ;)

You're trolling the Hell out of me, and you love it. ;)

He needs to win one for his legacy, absolutely. I just can't get over how he did Cleveland. It's only news. I probably need to get over it. But to do what he did to the one city that's been kicked in the teeth for six decades...when he's from the state...it still burns me up.

Good friend from Miami. He's legit excited, and I want to be happy for him. But it's so hard.

Now, if LeBron had done what he did to New York or LA, it'd have been funny. Just not Cleveland.

I want to be excited for his talent. He's got more physical gifts than anyone who's ever touched a basketball.

So true, dawg.

He's probably not proud of the decision or the BoyzIIMen presser afterward but he's a marvel to witness on the court. I've followed him since he was a senior in high school and I've stuck by him throughout regardless if I agreed with his exodus from Cleveland. Dude. Can. Ball. And his leadership and lack of selfishness on the floor surpass any great scoring superstar I can think of.

I've had to constantly defend his worth around the dreaded Kobe lovers of the world, but now finally a title will speak for itself.

I hope OKC makes history but the chances of that are slim to none.

They came back from and 0-3 deficit to a VERY good Spurs team. They have played the Heat close in most games. The odds are against them but they can do it.

James Harden has been a big time disappointment in this series. If he played like he did against the Spurs then the series would be flipped right now.

They came back from and 0-3 deficit to a VERY good Spurs team. They have played the Heat close in most games. The odds are against them but they can do it.

James Harden has been a big time disappointment in this series. If he played like he did against the Spurs then the series would be flipped right now.

0-2 deficit.

I'm not blaming the officials. I saw this pic and thought it was funny. Just wanted to share.

I know. I wasn't directing that at you. That's why I put the jkjk on the end.

Not one, not two, not three, not four... ringless jokes about Lebron anymore. Never again!

I'm also glad he got his ring the way he did, which was by completely dominating everyone in every facet of the game. It's the Lebron we all thought was possible when we were watching him in that St.Vincent/St. Mary's jersey 10 years ago. Simply a thorough performance last night that capped a historic playoff series. Stephen A. just put it best a minute ago when he said that Lebron had to become a championship-caliber player before he gets his due respect. This playoff series just showed Lebron is here, playing at the potential we thought was possible.

But my goodness I hate Miami, and I hate thinking that Miami fans are happy. Of all places, he had to do it there...

I'm also glad he got his ring the way he did, which was by completely dominating everyone in every facet of the game. It's the Lebron we all thought was possible when we were watching him in that St.Vincent/St. Mary's jersey 10 years ago. Simply a thorough performance last night that capped a historic playoff series. Stephen A. just put it best a minute ago when he said that Lebron had to become a championship-caliber player before he gets his due respect. This playoff series just showed Lebron is here, playing at the potential we thought was possible.

But my goodness I hate Miami, and I hate thinking that Miami fans are happy. Of all places, he had to do it there...

Agreed. I am a Lebron fan, not Miami fan. I would be a Bobcats or a Trailblazers "fan" if Lebron was playing for either. The NBA has never sparked me enough to set a certain team and pull for them. As a kid, I always followed players like Jordan and Bird. Once they retired no one else really grabbed my attention like they did until Lebron came along.

I really do think that last night might have opened the flood gates for Lebron's career though honestly. He's got the monkey off his back, so to speak, and legitimately knows that he has exactly what it takes to do it again... and again... and again. This could be the beginning of something sort of like Chicago in the 90's, IMO. Role players will come and go (i.e. Battier, Miller, etc.) but there will always be other ones that are willing and able to step in and fill their void (i.e. rumors of free agents like Nash and/or Terry maybe coming to MIA in the offseason). It might be a fun ride for Heat "fans" (read: Lebron fans).

EDIT: And I guess I should say, I really do think that OKC will be a force to be reckoned with in the future. They are young and dangerous. Nothing in the NBA comes easy and KD will have to learn take a few lumps to prove himself worthy too as his career goes along. They'll be back.

Edited by hokie07

Agreed. I am a Lebron fan, not Miami fan. I would be a Bobcats or a Trailblazers "fan" if Lebron was playing for either. The NBA has never sparked me enough to set a certain team and pull for them. As a kid, I always followed players like Jordan and Bird. Once they retired no one else really grabbed my attention like they did until Lebron came along.

I really do think that last night might have opened the flood gates for Lebron's career though honestly. He's got the monkey off his back, so to speak, and legitimately knows that he has exactly what it takes to do it again... and again... and again. This could be the beginning of something sort of like Chicago in the 90's, IMO. Role players will come and go (i.e. Battier, Miller, etc.) but there will always be other ones that are willing and able to step in and fill their void (i.e. rumors of free agents like Nash and/or Terry maybe coming to MIA in the offseason). It might be a fun ride for Heat "fans" (read: Lebron fans).

EDIT: And I guess I should say, I really do think that OKC will be a force to be reckoned with in the future. They are young and dangerous. Nothing in the NBA comes easy and KD will have to learn take a few lumps to prove himself worthy too as his career goes along. They'll be back.

With Lebron playing like this (and I think he'll continue this level of play), it really also gives Wade the opportunity to take less minutes per game and extend his career. It seemed like he got tired during the Indianapolis series, which is where Lebron really came into his own and took the team on his back. The longer Wade stays healthy, the longer the Heat will dominate the league.

EDIT: My goodness I hate Miami. This is the Miami I hate. Right here. They get to be happy... http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/30416/lebron-james-celebrates-an-nba-championship-wearing-t-shirt-with-lebron-jamess-face-on-it-of-course

Edited by legend11
I HATE MIAMI