NBA Finals

legend11

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don`t think he wins another one. But I`m curious, how many do you or any of the other Lebronites on the board think he will win.

Not that I'm a "Lebronite," but I think he'll get at least two more as well. He's got a lot of years left in the tank, most of which will be the prime of his career.

At least two more. Perhaps not consecutively.

Since Derrick Rose's appendages are made of bubble gum, who else will challenge them in the east?

Bulls: Best player hurts himself getting out of bed.

Boston: OLD.

Pacers: Young, not enough pieces.

Magic: Soap opera.

Hawks: A few crayons short of a box.

In the West, it's even worse. You have the Thunder...and...that's it.

Spurs: OLD.

Lakers: OLD and not complete.

Mavericks: Too much Jeykll, not enough Hyde.

Clippers: Dunking a lot /= winning a lot.

We could conceivably have 2-3 more OKC/Miami Finals.

Since Derrick Rose's appendages are made of bubble gum, who else will challenge them in the east?

That's true if we look at it today. The NBA is one of the fastest shifting sports in terms of absolute power since it only takes a piece or two to form a championship team. How would your post have looked three years ago? It doesn't seem to take much to uproot a superstar from where he is and drop him somewhere else if he's promised a ring in a short amount of time.

FWIW, I love Durant almost as much as I love Lebron. A Finals rivalry such as that would make me a happy spectator and fan for sure.

That's true if we look at it today. The NBA is one of the fastest shifting sports in terms of absolute power since it only takes a piece or two to form a championship team. How would your post have looked three years ago? It doesn't seem to take much to uproot a superstar from where he is and drop him somewhere else if he's promised a ring in a short amount of time.

FWIW, I love Durant almost as much as I love Lebron. A Finals rivalry such as that would make me a happy spectator and fan for sure.

I wouldn't have had OKC where they are today, probably Portland and Orlando higher.

I think Indiana and Clippers could be legitimate contenders if they keep their nuclei intact and add more complimentary players.

I wouldn't have had OKC where they are today, probably Portland and Orlando higher.

I think Indiana and Clippers could be legitimate contenders if they keep their nuclei intact and add more complimentary players.

UVA, I have agreed with what you have said to this point but why did you think Portland and Orlando would be higher up?

UVA, I have agreed with what you have said to this point but why did you think Portland and Orlando would be higher up?

For the Magic, in 2009, they were just coming off that Finals run. They were young. Redick was starting to find his niche as the K-Mart version of Dan Majerle. Jameer Nelson fit exactly what that team needed to do. Turkoglu was the definition of a "glue guy". And of course, you had Dwight Howard. I didn't foresee shipping Turkoglu off; Nelson not making the leap; and Dwight Howard turning into the league biggest diva. Team should've been better.

The Blazers stockpiled all that talent in the later part of the 2000s. They supplemented that by adding guys like Turkoglu. The '09-'10 season, the season where they should've made their breakout, they got hit with more injuries than M*A*S*H*. Oden and Pryzbilla went down. Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge were hobbled. They traded for over-the-hill Marcus Camby while sending Steve Blake and Travis Outlaw, only 2 of their most consistent contributors, away. Despite all this, they still finished 50-32, but in the Western Conference of the late 2000s, that was good enough for 6th. They lost in the 1st Round to Phoenix.

That team never reached the potential it had. A shame, too.

You shouldn't discount the Knicks that quickly. They also had a slew of injuries at the end of the season last year that really did them in (Shumpert, Baron, etc.). Plus, with the early Bird Rights exception Novak and Lin were granted, they're able to keep role players who have to ability to heat up at any given time. Also because of the Bird Rights they have the cap space to go sign a veteran (probably a PG) to split time with Lin. The thing that needs to happen with the Knicks is either a.) Melo needs to get the ball out of his hands, or b.) actually make his shots.

They were, at the very least, a thorn in the side of Boston and Miami last year in a year of pure turmoil. If they can become stable, I think they will make a splash in the East.

The Blazers stockpiled all that talent in the later part of the 2000s. They supplemented that by adding guys like Turkoglu. The '09-'10 season, the season where they should've made their breakout, they got hit with more injuries than M*A*S*H*. Oden and Pryzbilla went down. Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge were hobbled. They traded for over-the-hill Marcus Camby while sending Steve Blake and Travis Outlaw, only 2 of their most consistent contributors, away. Despite all this, they still finished 50-32, but in the Western Conference of the late 2000s, that was good enough for 6th. They lost in the 1st Round to Phoenix.

That team never reached the potential it had. A shame, too.

It really is a shame. They were a fun team to watch, and completely eradicated the "JailBlazers" reputation the team had for so long. It was tough seeing them unable to stay healthy.

You shouldn't discount the Knicks that quickly. They also had a slew of injuries at the end of the season last year that really did them in (Shumpert, Baron, etc.). Plus, with the early Bird Rights exception Novak and Lin were granted, they're able to keep role players who have to ability to heat up at any given time. Also because of the Bird Rights they have the cap space to go sign a veteran (probably a PG) to split time with Lin. The thing that needs to happen with the Knicks is either a.) Melo needs to get the ball out of his hands, or b.) actually make his shots.

They were, at the very least, a thorn in the side of Boston and Miami last year in a year of pure turmoil. If they can become stable, I think they will make a splash in the East.

I don't trust NY's front office to make a move. If you said "one NBA team will trade it's PG for a gross of basketballs", I would guess NYK and smile as I'm rewarded whatever prize money comes my way.

I don't trust NY's front office to make a move. If you said "one NBA team will trade it's PG for a gross of basketballs", I would guess NYK and smile as I'm rewarded whatever prize money comes my way.

Very good point, but it's not like they have to remake an entire roster. The Knicks have many pieces in place already. They just need to shore up their PG position to become a bit more stable.

With that said, I foresee a long, public courting of a player like Steve Nash that will fall through, and the Knicks ending up with Delonte West. That's just the way these things go.

Very good point, but it's not like they have to remake an entire roster. The Knicks have many pieces in place already. They just need to shore up their PG position to become a bit more stable.

With that said, I foresee a long, public courting of a player like Steve Nash that will fall through, and the Knicks ending up with Delonte West. That's just the way these things go.

As Phil Jackson said, they have a roster with talent, but a roster where none of their players fit.

If they did, he'd have been your coach this season.

As Phil Jackson said, they have a roster with talent, but a roster where none of their players fit.

If they did, he'd have been your coach this season.

Eh, he didn't necessarily say he would have taken the job if the team was different, but it's fun to speculate. And as with the Heat, "fit" is an evolution; it takes more than a season for the players to understand each other and work well with each other. Although I don't think any of the other Knicks accounted for the obstacle that fire extinguishers have proven to be...

Eh, he didn't necessarily say he would have taken the job if the team was different, but it's fun to speculate. And as with the Heat, "fit" is an evolution; it takes more than a season for the players to understand each other and work well with each other. Although I don't think any of the other Knicks accounted for the obstacle that fire extinguishers have proven to be...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8058726/phil-jackson-says-coach-clumsy-new-york-knicks-team

"Jackson, 66, was a member of two Knicks championship teams and said he has thought about coaching in New York, but wouldn't want to lead the current team because it's "clumsy."

They don't fit together well. (Amare) Stoudemire doesn't fit well with Carmelo (Anthony)," said Jackson, when asked to expand on "clumsy." "Stoudemire's a really good player. But he's gotta play in a certain system and a way.

Carmelo has to be a better passer. And the ball can't stop every time it hits his hands. They need to have someone come in that can kinda blend that group together."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/phil-jackson-says-might-job-010340307--nba.html

And in that same interview, Jackson hints that there are jobs that would lure him back.

The Knicks were his team.