Let the outrage begin...

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/us-uniforms-made-in-china-lawmakers-furious-071212?gt1=39002

The US Olympic teams' uniforms are made in....you guessed it....CHINA! A lot of people are ticked about this (especially people on Capitol Hill, being an election year and all), but like they said in the article: the US Olympic team is privately funded, not by the government. But does that really matter? What do you all think?

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/us-uniforms-made-in-china-lawmakers-furious-071212?gt1=39002

The US Olympic teams' uniforms are made in....you guessed it....CHINA! A lot of people are ticked about this (especially people on Capitol Hill, being an election year and all), but like they said in the article: the US Olympic team is privately funded, not by the government. But does that really matter? What do you all think?

I'd be interested to see how many Congressmen and women wear suits made exclusively in the US.

Its representative of the world in which we live. Big deal. Hell, the medals you win are probably made in China too.

I actually heard once that the medals are made by whatever country is hosting the games (so they'd be made by the Royal Mint in London this year). Personally, I don't care where it's made, as long as we're being funded by Americans and American companies. You would think though that they would make them in America purely for representation.

With every post like this, my conservative brethren dig me a deeper hole from which I must climb...

I think its sad, but not because our Olympic team is wearing unis made in China...most every piece of clothing you have in your drawers/closets is made in China, Japan, Thailand, etc.

The reason I think its sad is because all of the US manufactures have closed and all these jobs have moved to China, Japan, Thailand, etc...

I think its sad, but not because our Olympic team is wearing unis made in China...most every piece of clothing you have in your drawers/closets is made in China, Japan, Thailand, etc.

The reason I think its sad is because all of the US manufactures have closed and all these jobs have moved to China, Japan, Thailand, etc...

This is exactly why free trade is indefensibly ignorant.

Even as a teenager in the late 90s, I thought to myself: "what's stopping these people from closing shop and moving to the 3rd world?" If a 14-year-old can figure this out, why can't Ivy League grads and Rhodes Scholars?