Herbie's preseason awards

bhs7695

I like the respect of the local teams, but I think it's a waste of time. It's too much like the preseason rankings. It gets you in the right place for post season awards in this case, but means very little at this point.

Love to see the EERS getting respect, but they have to keep doing what they do.

All this preseason lists and polls do one thing - they stoke fans interest. That is why I look at them and don't take them seriously. Folks will know soon enough who is and isn't doing it.

whats up with james gayle not getting any love lol? He one of the top defensive ends in the country.

Because he was banged up for most of last season. That's why there isn't much mention of him this preseason. His numbers were hurt, but he is a beast and will just fly under the radar making big time plays this season as long as he stays healthy.

VT starting defensive front seven this year looks about as big and fast on the field as I can remember in the last 15 years. They should be very good!

VT starting defensive front seven this year looks about as big and fast on the field as I can remember in the last 15 years. They should be very good!

And young...

Taylor, A. Hopkins and Tweedy (?)

After K. Fuller and Exum the Secondary is scary young.

Jeron Gouveia-Winslow...so I was wrong, FOUR seniors on the entire defensive depth chart.

Ha, well let's talk about the three guys Tavon Austin is ranked ahead...

If Tech had Tavon they might have actually been able to beat Clemson last year considering he scored more TD's against them in one game than Tech's whole team did in two. Just an observation

If Tech had Tavon they might have actually been able to beat Clemson last year considering he scored more TD's against them in one game than Tech's whole team did in two. Just an observation

Trying to bait me into a pissing match?

Well, I'm biting. Even with Tavon, I'm fairly certain (judging by the games themselves) that VT wouldn't have used him correctly those two games, and we would have lost anyway. Plus, last year Clemson came prepared and hyped to play VT (and really ONLY VT their entire season), and not even The Infallible Tavon Austin would have been able to beat them.

You know, assuming VT had Tavon Austin. Which is a ridiculous place to even begin a discussion. Try again, mavsgrad.

That whole Orange Bowl turned on the goal line fumble that was returned the other way. After that Clemson pretty much quit. I agree that Clemson seemed to not be psyched for big games other than Tech, and that included the S. Carolina game.

I won't try again actually because I don't want to get into a never ending argument. I live in the middle of hokie country and get easily annoyed with some of their fans who think that they are a BCS championship contendor every year and don't give WVU much respect. In response to your comment, I was just taking up for our boy Tavon and trying to give you a hokie fan little grief lol. I'm sure you guys will compete well to win your conference again this year as you always do. I'm excited for my boys to be in a stronger more stable conference and I expect us to make some noise and compete well for our confernce too.

I won't try again actually because I don't want to get into a never ending argument. I live in the middle of hokie country and get easily annoyed with some of their fans who think that they are a BCS championship contendor every year and don't give WVU much respect. In response to your comment, I was just taking up for our boy Tavon and trying to give you a hokie fan little grief lol. I'm sure you guys will compete well to win your conference again this year as you always do. I'm excited for my boys to be in a stronger more stable conference and I expect us to make some noise and compete well for our confernce too.

Aww, just a poor, lost Mountaineer soul living amongst a bunch of meany-face Hokies. I'm so sorry your life is so difficult.

And how, exactly, don't we give WVU much respect? If you ask any VT fan on here, they would say that WVU is a fine football program. Honestly, you mean as much to us as Texas and Oklahoma, simply because we never play you. Why do you think we spend so much time talking (and slightly worrying) about UNC and UVA? It certainly isn't because they're better than WVU. It's because we're scheduled to play them year in and year out.

And don't act like the victim when it was a WVU fan who took the first shot in this thread. Read what my initial post was in response to. Maybe you two can get together somewhere in the middle of Hokie country and commiserate.

Believe what you want to man. I felt like you first the first shot at the wvu fan for saying he didn't think Logan Thomas was the best dual threat qb in the nation. I can't really speak for the respect hokie fans do or don't give WVU on this forum because I haven't been on in awhile. I just know what I get from people I am around. And I have no reason to commiserate with 3 BCS bowl wins in the last 7 years which is more than the entire ACC conference has. I'm perfectly happy with my guys and I will let them do the talking with their play on the field.

Believe what you want to man. I felt like you first the first shot at the wvu fan for saying he didn't think Logan Thomas was the best dual threat qb in the nation. I can't really speak for the respect hokie fans do or don't give WVU on this forum because I haven't been on in awhile. I just know what I get from people I am around. And I have no reason to commiserate with 3 BCS bowl wins in the last 7 years which is more than the entire ACC conference has. I'm perfectly happy with my guys and I will let them do the talking with their play on the field.

Of course you thought I took the first shot! Know why? Because you're a WVU fan!! I think we all know who's believing what they want in this situation...