Accessible seating at Mitchell Stadium

mv91

The away side has plenty of handicap accessible seating now and the ramps aren't too steep. I think you'll be very pleased with the overdue changesL

Both sides look good, and the best part is that they were able to increase accessibility without losing any seating. A nice design, that appears well built.

Both sides look good, and the best part is that they were able to increase accessibility without losing any seating. A nice design, that appears well built.

Did they just put the accessible seating at the bottom of the existing stands or add seating to the front of the stands? Either way, it will be great to not have to look around or through the chain gang to see the action!! LOL :)

Did they just put the accessible seating at the bottom of the existing stands or add seating to the front of the stands? Either way, it will be great to not have to look around or through the chain gang to see the action!! LOL :)

They added seating at the bottom of every section of the stands from goal line to goal line on each side of the stadium. So take your pick of where you want to enjoy the game. I think you'll be impressed by the changes. I honestly haven't seen (mainly because I probably don't pay enough attention to detail) a stadium that has nicer handicapped accessibility.

Here's a quick photo I pulled off Facebook that gives you a semi-indication as to what it looks like now. You'll see the guy in the upper right hand corner of the picture utilizing the handicapped platform.

277473_399473966773333_818142923_o.jpg

It looks sharp, and I think the view from the accessible seating is probably very good. Only thing is, I'm not sure I'd want to sit in what was the first row before, the accessible seating is high enough so that those seats have a good view, but the first row may be looking at the backs of heads more than usual. I'm an engineer, and when I first heard about the project, I thought they'd be pulling down the front wall of the stands...they didn't, they kept it there and added on. Doesn't lose any seating capacity that way.