Unofficial Standings...

GMan

I don't know how much Graham will get from Bristol since Battle is 5-0 for the first time ever. They're swooning over the Trojans right now.

My point exactly in an earlier post; however, the sportswriters can vote for MORE than one team. Hopefully, someone there will now take notice of the G-men! I am glad to see Battle get the well deserved press in addition to the well deserved votes.

That Bluefield win's going to pay some nice dividends...

Right on! All Graham fans must hope that the Beavers continue to win along with every other opponent that Graham has defeated. More wins from defeated opponents equals more points for the G-Men.

As we both know, Graham needs to continue to take care of their own business on the playing field.

I Never cared one bit what a bunch of sportswriters voted Gate City through the years, you get the chance to prove yourselves on the field. Anyone know what the rankings for A were in 2010? GC has the trophy.Anyone have Clintwood favored to win when the playoffs started last year, except a few of us who saw them play. If Graham continues to win they will get the chance to play and see how good they are. How many A teams do you think the guys from Norfolk or Richmond paper have seen play? Or AA for that matter? I am just happy those guys don't get to decide the champions.

I Never cared one bit what a bunch of sportswriters voted Gate City through the years, you get the chance to prove yourselves on the field. Anyone know what the rankings for A were in 2010? GC has the trophy.Anyone have Clintwood favored to win when the playoffs started last year, except a few of us who saw them play. If Graham continues to win they will get the chance to play and see how good they are. How many A teams do you think the guys from Norfolk or Richmond paper have seen play? Or AA for that matter? I am just happy those guys don't get to decide the champions.

Very accurate post! I also would not be the utmost surprised to see the Blue Devils swing back into the playoffs this year. However, they will certainly have their hands full this week as they travel to Bluefield. Still a lot of football to be played. Good luck and drive carefully if you plan to head up to West Virginia for the game.

If you have not been to Mitchell Stadium within the past few years you will certainly be impressed. Both Graham and Bluefield are very fortunate to be able to call this place "home." It is the only stadium that is big enough for the both of us!

Oh, i shall be there, and was there 2 years ago. I have a feeling GC's D is still not ready for Bluefield and the home field advantage will win yet again in this series. I was pleasantly suprised to see Bluefield not just win but crush Charlotte Latin. I was really not expecting Graham to win the first game, and have kept an eye on both teams since. The Devils offense was 200% better with our QB back, but the D needs to convince me. It was Lebanon after all. :)

Oh, i shall be there, and was there 2 years ago. I have a feeling GC's D is still not ready for Bluefield and the home field advantage will win yet again in this series. I was pleasantly suprised to see Bluefield not just win but crush Charlotte Latin. I was really not expecting Graham to win the first game, and have kept an eye on both teams since. The Devils offense was 200% better with our QB back, but the D needs to convince me. It was Lebanon after all. :)

Many moons ago, beginning in 1975, I made numerous trips down to Gate City to watch the Blue Devils and G-Men clash. It was usually one of the two representing our part of the state in the playoffs. I think the feeling was always mutual between the two schools in that ever which one survived the other, we ALL supported the winner of our game after that! Great tradition, great memories, and a lot of class.