Virginia Group AA-AP Poll

starcityfootballfan

AND ... where is Richlands?

I would say that after the Pulaski game they didn't think we deserved to be in the poll.

Polls don't mean a thing, the blues have been in there plenty over the last several years. What matters right now is to win out and keep getting better and prepare for the playoffs..........or at least that's my opinion, but you know what they say about opinions ....lol

I was thinking about it this week, and frankly, do any SWVA schools even deserve to be listed? There are only about 9 to begin with, if you exclude the Roanoke and Martinsville areas.

We can discount the following schools immediately:

Abingdon

Marion

Tazewell

Carroll

Blacksburg

Patrick County

Now, as an undefeated team, Christiansburg should obviously make the cut, and they do.

That leaves Richlands and Pulaski County. Richlands is 5-1, and their best win is probably Graham. Pulaski County is 4-2, and their best win is Richlands, though they have played a beast of a schedule and have been competitive in all games.

It doesn't match up compared to the teams at the bottom of the Top 10. Look at #9, Amherst County. Their only loss is to the #7 team in the poll, Heritage, who themselves are undefeated with some solid wins (Magna Vista, Amherst).

There's a pretty clear divide this year between the Top 10-12 teams and the rest of AA.

Max Preps has the Blues at 8

They may have been at one time but now they are ranked 12th in D3 on Maxpreps. I think the poll at the top of this thread is for all of 2A.

12 Richlands 5-1 0-0 21.2 1.7

Richlands is currently ranked 8 in Va Preps, its listed right on the front page.

I didn't say anything about VA preps. The post above said Maxpreps and on Maxpreps they are listed as being 12 in Div 3.

Richlands is currently ranked 8 in Va Preps, its listed right on the front page.

I didn't say Max Preps. I said Va Preps.

I think we both agree that we are talking about 2 different polls. I only responded beacuse of the way you typed it. If you had only said that VA preps had them listed as 8. I would not have responded but you said it is right there on the front page as if you were saying I was too dumb to see it. Anyway I do have nothing but respect for the Richlands progam and root for them most of the time. I didn't mean anything bad. We all know that polls mean nothing. You win and lose on the field.