Abingdon at Carroll co.

FALCON

Is Mike Briscoe still on your staff? If so, he would make you guys a good one.

You obviously know the answer to that question or you wouldn't have asked it. I have nothing against Briscoe at all....but I think his chances here have come and gone.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously know the answer to that question or you wouldn't have asked it. I have nothing against Briscoe at all....but I think his chances here have come and gone.

But you guys do have Dan Strong :D

My bad...didn't mean to sound like an ass. I just know some folks up that way didn't like him for some reason so I thought you were referring to that. Briscoe had more fire in him this year than all our other coaches combined. That man WANTS to win....can't say that for our others. He wasn't here long enough this year for me to make my determination (whatever thats worth...lol) on his coaching ability (positional wise) but he definitely wanted to win. And for that alone, I applaud and like him.

My bad...didn't mean to sound like an ass. I just know some folks up that way didn't like him for some reason so I thought you were referring to that. Briscoe had more fire in him this year than all our other coaches combined. That man WANTS to win....can't say that for our others. He wasn't here long enough this year for me to make my determination (whatever thats worth...lol) on his coaching ability (positional wise) but he definitely wanted to win. And for that alone, I applaud and like him.

Some of the folks here started having a problem with him when he started pushing for his son to be the qb. I thought he was a decent coach and I agree about him being fired up. He always seemed to have fire in him and he wanted to win.

DIng Ding Ding...we have a winner. Anytime a team is losing to the third ranked team in the state by 3 points with 50 seconds left in the half and you have the best kicker in the state...well, you do your best to at least set up a field goal try.

When did the Mutter kid start playing for Abingdon?

When did the Mutter kid start playing for Abingdon?

Its a shame that all we have to be proud of is our kicker, but he is phenominal. I have not witnessed anyone close to his ability.

Its a shame that all we have to be proud of is our kicker, but he is phenominal. I have not witnessed anyone close to his ability.

nothing wrong with that, a good kicker can change the game for you sometimes.

does he kick and punt?

nothing wrong with that, a good kicker can change the game for you sometimes.

does he kick and punt?

Yes. I was told that he is the #4 punter/kicker combo in the nation.

I heard that your coach is leaving but that could be a rumor. Who do you guys think should get the job? I know you have someone in mind.

Not sure. I would love to have someone that would put the best 11 on the field in the right spots. I would like for him to have a little fire in his belly. I would also like him to set up an offense that is best for what type of players he has. We have also heard that he is leaving ( for 5 yrs now). doubt it.

sounds like Borat's sister...#4 prostitute in all of Kuzak...lol.

Speaking of prostitutes Lance, how's your mo....never mind...too easy.

The kid is a D1 prospect and has interest from a lot of folks. Saban and Meyer (amongst others) are considering him. Cincinnati is looking close. WVa said if they were to offer a kicker this year then they would be interested. Same for Va Tech. He has been asked by many to walk on and some have even offered a preferred walk on status. The kid has a Rivals profile I believe and definitely has his highlights on You tube. Here is the link...

Yes. I was told that he is the #4 punter/kicker combo in the nation.

When did Daniel Carlson of Colorado Springs, Colorado move to SWVA?

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/quicklist.asp?Position=15&sport=1

I don't see him on the front page of this list. Perhaps you use another recruiting service. I kindly ask for a citation to this, so that I may take good heart that our fair region has produced such a talent.

He's a solid D-1 prospect. But let's not puff up feathers that need not be puffed.

Edited by UVAObserver

Let's play UVAObserver's "Fact Checker"!

The kid is a D1 prospect

Correct. He's legitimate.

and has interest from a lot of folks.

I don't consider 3 "a lot".

Saban and Meyer (amongst others) are considering him.

Wrong.

Cincinnati is looking close.

Wrong.

WVa said if they were to offer a kicker this year then they would be interested.

Correct.

Same for Va Tech.

Correct. Which would be LOLworthy considering the Hokie fans on this board who've given Abingdon tons of flack.

He has been asked by many to walk on and some have even offered a preferred walk on status.

Unclear. Again, some may be offering a walk-on status, but there's just 3 horses in the running.

The kid has a Rivals profile I believe.

Correct: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Mitchell-Ludwig-134143

and definitely has his highlights on You tube. Here is the link...

There was a lot of misinformation there, but also some correct things. I mean no harm, just untangling the web.

When did Daniel Carlson of Colorado Springs, Colorado move to SWVA?

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/quicklist.asp?Position=15&sport=1

I don't see him on the front page of this list. Perhaps you use another recruiting service. I kindly ask for a citation to this, so that I may take good heart that our fair region has produced such a talent.

He's a solid D-1 prospect. But let's not puff up feathers that need not be puffed.

The intent to "puff up feathers" was not there counselor. My apologies for furthering hearsay.

Speaking of prostitutes Lance, how's your mo....never mind...too easy.

The kid is a D1 prospect and has interest from a lot of folks. Saban and Meyer (amongst others) are considering him. Cincinnati is looking close. WVa said if they were to offer a kicker this year then they would be interested. Same for Va Tech. He has been asked by many to walk on and some have even offered a preferred walk on status. The kid has a Rivals profile I believe and definitely has his highlights on You tube. Here is the link...

he might make a good holder for the Mutter kid.

Let's play UVAObserver's "Fact Checker"!

Correct. He's legitimate.

I don't consider 3 "a lot".

Wrong.

Wrong.

Correct.

Correct. Which would be LOLworthy considering the Hokie fans on this board who've given Abingdon tons of flack.

Unclear. Again, some may be offering a walk-on status, but there's just 3 horses in the running.

Correct: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Mitchell-Ludwig-134143

There was a lot of misinformation there, but also some correct things. I mean no harm, just untangling the web.

Oh, so I guess the 1.5 hours I sat down with his dad and discussed this was a complete farce....wow...who was the guy I talked to then that looked JUST EXACTLY LIKE HIS DAD??????????????????????????????

Mutter couldn't hold Luds jock. Go back to your moms basement and try again Lance. Unless she's earnin' right now.

enjoy your time out :)

...gave you enough rope and you stuck your neck in it.

also, Mutter's highlight film wouldn't start with a 39 yard punt...lol.

Oh, so I guess the 1.5 hours I sat down with his dad and discussed this was a complete farce....wow...who was the guy I talked to then that looked JUST EXACTLY LIKE HIS DAD??????????????????????????????

You sure you wasn't talking to southy's dad? He is supposed to know a lot!