Affirmative Action Scholarships

V-Cats

I'm sure you've all heard about these and as a senior it's hitting me hard but the majority of college scholarships out there are only avaliable if you're a minority & it pisses me off because there are underpriveledged white people out there too that need scholarship money but these idiotic bleeding heart liberal groups affirmative action us

Either you are not looking in the right place, or are getting bad information, because most of the scholarships I am aware of are available to anyone who qualifies, and race is not a factor.

My niece managed to find scholarships enough to allow her to afford to go to a private school.

A good guidance counselor should be able to help you find resources. There are probably good sources on the web as well.

Don't give up.

Either you are not looking in the right place, or are getting bad information, because most of the scholarships I am aware of are available to anyone who qualifies, and race is not a factor.

My niece managed to find scholarships enough to allow her to afford to go to a private school.

A good guidance counselor should be able to help you find resources. There are probably good sources on the web as well.

Don't give up.

This. Though there are a select few that discredit anyone of another race.

There are a lot of scholarships for minorities out there, but there's plenty of scholarships for anyone. I went to VI for 3 years (costs around $25,000 a year, minus room and board) and only had to take out $25,000 in student loans. I got a ton of grants and scholarships that really added up. Heck, I even got a grant just for attending a baptist church. You just need to keep looking and if your counselor can't find you anything...find another counselor. It also helps if you just talk to the admissions/financial aid people (and even teachers) at the school if you have a particular school in mind. They'll help you out (works even better if you actually go talk to them face to face).

Blame Obama, dude. Tell me about it.

I was trying to find some scholarships for grad school (I'm mostly white but some parts of me aren't) and was having a whale of a time. Everyone kept saying, are you native American? "Well yeah, I'm native to 'Murica! What kind of question is that anyway?" Apparently that's not the right answer. How's that not the right answer? AMERICA IS ALWAYS THE ANSWER!

Anyway, they determined rather quickly that I wasn't black or Hispanic, don't ask me how. I think it's profiling. Again, if Obama had closed Gitmo we wouldn't be having these issues, amirite?

So there I sat, and finally the lady said, "But sweetie, you qualify for most all of these scholarships because you have a strong GPA and some really nice credentials on your resume. You can essentially go to college for free. Also, you can write a few essays and win other awards and actually get all kinds of money with a little extra work."

I said to her, I said, LADY WHAT YOU MEAN WORK!? I have a blockbuster GPA and I'm white to boot, I don't need WORK!

I stormed out. I was furious.

I said to her, I said, LADY WHAT YOU MEAN WORK!? I have a blockbuster GPA and I'm white to boot, I don't need WORK!

I stormed out. I was furious.

I think this is the gist of a separate thread. The culture of entitlement.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hosting an affirmative action bake sale this weekend.

Brownies $.50

Cupcakes $1.00

Apple Pies $2.00

Soda $1.00 can

Water $1.00 bottle

Hot Dogs $1.00

Chips $1.00

However, for those that qualify these items will be free......for those that do not qualify double the cost of each item above and have a good ol' time.

enjoy!