Another Friday night of football...

wave316

We are past the mid-way point in the regular season....who would have thought Battle would be 6-0 and GC 1-5...congrats to Battle for a huge win tonight...Could Battle run the table and finish 10-0??? Also the Ft. Chiswell -Galax game must have been a dandy... Clintwood defeats Lee 41-6 after losing starting qb Dylan Dahley in the 1st quarter.. strong play at qb position by younger brother Dalton Dahley got Clintwood to a 5-1 record... What stands out to you guys at this point of the season?

Battle's actually 7-0 now. We've got a good shot at going undefeated this year, but I'm sure Lee, Lebanon, and Honaker are licking their chops at the chance to put a damper on Battle's win streak.

I couldn't believe the FC/Galax game. That sounded crazy! Congrats on an awesome comback win Fort!

Battle's actually 7-0 now. We've got a good shot at going undefeated this year, but I'm sure Lee, Lebanon, and Honaker are licking their chops at the chance to put a damper on Battle's win streak.

I couldn't believe the FC/Galax game. That sounded crazy! Congrats on an awesome comback win Fort!

Think Honaker would be the greater obstacle...when do you play the Tigers?

Honaker's all that stands between JSB and an undefeated regular season, if I could be frank.

Think Honaker would be the greater obstacle...when do you play the Tigers?

Battle plays Honaker week after next (got Lee next week in our last home game). I'd say Honaker will REALLY want to get Battle after the ridiculously close games the past couple of years. It's really become one of my favorite games to watch (great fans, lots of sportsmanship, nail-biting suspense in the fourth quarter).

Honaker has a good shot, but battle is a very good football team. I will tell you one thing, Honaker will hit you ! Ask the blues. We won the game, but our boys know they were in one after that one was over.

They probably have the best shot at knocking off Battle. I may have to miss the blues game that week and go watch that Battle/Tiger game.

My wife graduated from Honaker and teaches in the area so we try to make at least one or 2 Honaker games a year, and I think that will be the game to watch.

Congrats to JB on the Gate City win !

Battle is going to have a hard time in the post season. It's a whole different ballgame. I'd love to see GC back into the playoffs and get another shot. They play hard and they're much improved, but they're not "there" yet.

Battle is going to have a hard time in the post season. It's a whole different ballgame. I'd love to see GC back into the playoffs and get another shot. They play hard and they're much improved, but they're not "there" yet.

Only good thing for Battle in the playoffs right now is that we might get a pretty high seeding (heck, maybe even number one) and will get to play a much lower ranked team, possibly even one we've already played. Though, you should never overlook anyone, no matter their record or ranking. With this, Battle might make into the second round, but that's probably when we'll meet up with a team like we saw in the first round last year.

Only good thing for Battle in the playoffs right now is that we might get a pretty high seeding (heck, maybe even number one) and will get to play a much lower ranked team, possibly even one we've already played. Though, you should never overlook anyone, no matter their record or ranking. With this, Battle might make into the second round, but that's probably when we'll meet up with a team like we saw in the first round last year.

One thing about it, you guys are 7-0 and playing great ball. I hope you guys keep proving the naysayers wrong!

still believe clintwood is playin flat, i know its hard to get pumped for a 1-4 team....... maybe they will get up for them ole pesky raiders...........

yeah, a tad flat for both lebanon and lee, but still won 42-6 and 40-6. purty sure they'll be flyin' high for them raiders. a few health issues goin' into this game, but hopefully their resilience will continue.

yep, qb got nicked up, tanner, well hes gonna have to put some" lock tight" on him, some poster on the cmd board, commented about clintwoods lack of class...............like to know what hes talkin about...........

yep, qb got nicked up, tanner, well hes gonna have to put some" lock tight" on him, some poster on the cmd board, commented about clintwoods lack of class...............like to know what hes talkin about...........

don't know what the cmd people are talkin' about. hopefully, dylan will be fine and last night was just precautionary. tanner's shoulder popped out in the back last night, usually comes out in front and him and doc can put it back in fairly quick. a bit more painful and harder to get back in last night. he had surgery in january, contact started late july-early august. that's just about 6 or so months recovery time. may have been too soon. he told me it didn't matter though, he's gonna play anyway cause he's a senior. made it through last year's playoff run, albeit with some periodic issues. it's a bothersome and frustrating thing though. like i said, hopefully their resilience will continue.

commented about clintwoods lack of class...............like to know what hes talkin about...........

I don't think it was anything bad toward Clintwood. I think the guy was just saying that Harlan is in a whole 'nother class. It wasn't a shot at Clintwood. Harlan's just a different kind of animal right now.