Abingdon questions

FALCON

Serious questions: 1.When was the last time that Abingdon made it to the playoffs with a winning record?

2. When was the last time, under John Bowels, that Abingdon beat a team with a winning record?

3. When was the last time that Abingdon beat a school with a similar enrollment?

4. Abingdon only has 3 coaches for a Big football team. How many high school coaches do most teams have?

5. We have a high school coach that is of questioable character. Alleged run ins with the law etc. How in the supposed "bastian of Greatness" that is Abingdon, how does this guy keep a job as a teacher and coach?

Not defending Abingdon by any means but here you go:

1.) In 2010 they went 6-4 and went to the playoffs, lost to Magna Vista

2.) Last year they beat Battle who went 6-4

3.) Two weeks ago they beat Carrol County, whose enrollment is about 150 more

4.) VA High has about 8-10 coaches I believe

5.) Because it's Abingdon and they need stability in coaching, no matter his character, that's my guess

As bizarre as this sounds, R4D3 is so down that Abingdon could conceivably play Richlands for the Region IV title this year. There's no real significant advantage between teams #2-#6 in R4D3. This weekend's game is probably the most interesting one on the slate, depending on how you judge Honaker-Battle.

I'm still not impressed with the birds yet. They lost to Chilhowie earlier in the season which speaks great volume. They will get a reality check Friday night. I hope the Blues leave a few leftovers for us in a couple weeks.

plenty of leftovers hopefully and the way playoffs are looking right now we could get them again at hurricane stadium for a double dose of whoop a$$

4. Abingdon only has 3 coaches for a Big football team. How many high school coaches do most teams have?

I remember in the past everyone joking about how Honaker had more coaches on the sidelines than cheerleaders. Abingdon should find more coahces, it'd probably help out a lot (Battle tried it with just 3-4 coaches my senior year and we ended up having Coach Strong handling the linemen...not a great idea).

5.) Because it's Abingdon and they need stability in coaching, no matter his character, that's my guess

Look who's got their facts in order! lol.

THANKS. I did some digging myself and discovered that we have beat one team in 3 years with a winning record, that was Battle. I was at that game doing the chains. I saw the big qb cross the goal line. Ref said whistle blew. Abingdon got away with that one. Thanks for the help. We have the worst coach for the best group of kids that i have seen in a long time.

THANKS. I did some digging myself and discovered that we have beat one team in 3 years with a winning record, that was Battle. I was at that game doing the chains. I saw the big qb cross the goal line. Ref said whistle blew. Abingdon got away with that one. Thanks for the help. We have the worst coach for the best group of kids that i have seen in a long time.

nvr beat holston, we kilt em my jr yr

How many excuses can you guys come up with down there? Every year we have to hear about the talent and athletes you guys have. Quiet frankly I wasn't impressed with any of them. You guys are dreaming if you think your athletes are superior to everyone else. I think its more than coaching down there. I think the blame is everything coaches, kids, and your community. You guys are just too proper for a sport that requires some roughneckness.:D Let the whinning begin . . .

Ps: I get tired of reading about Abingdon on here and Holston on the Hogo Forum! There are more stories out there!

How many excuses can you guys come up with down there? Every year we have to hear about the talent and athletes you guys have. Quiet frankly I wasn't impressed with any of them. You guys are dreaming if you think your athletes are superior to everyone else. I think its more than coaching down there. I think the blame is everything coaches, kids, and your community. You guys are just too proper for a sport that requires some roughneckness.:D Let the whinning begin . . .

Ps: I get tired of reading about Abingdon on here and Holston on the Hogo Forum! There are more stories out there!

It's been said, and said, and said again that what makes these local programs successful is the Little League programs. Consistent coaching and great fundamentals at the entry level makes these kids. It shapes what they will become in high school. That's the difference in an Abingdon and a Richlands.