BDD on the line

redtiger

Honaker isnt that much bigger than Haysi and smaller than Grundy, they are playing where they should. Haysi will play tough as always but Honaker will pull away win by 2 touchdowns and will move the ball on the ground and in the air.

Haysi will not even be in the game,teams like Haysi and Hurley just can't compete with a school that is twice their size.Honaker should never lose to a BDD team.

Honaker is just over 400 students, Haysi has over 300 since the closure of Ervinton.

Make no mistake, Haysi will be in the game.

Honaker is just over 400 students, Haysi has over 300 since the closure of Ervinton.

Make no mistake, Haysi will be in the game.

I have been wrong before,but I don't think it is this time.Honaker should be in at least 1 class higher,just my opinion.

Honaker is very close to being D2(or AA next year). They are right on the line. As a Haysi fan I dont have a problem with them being D1 but I can see why smaller schools have an issue with it. Same goes for George Wythe

Honaker was one of the smallest D2 schools in the state when they were in D2 I think there should be a smaller bracket for some of the smaller schools, but there isnt. I think the 379 figure is pretty close if not high. I knew they didnt have 400 students. Anyway that is beside the point got a tough game tomorrow with a bunch of red tigers that will come to Fuller field ready to play some football, gonna be a playoff atmosphere and great game.

Honaker only has 379 students by what the march adm figures have.

Thats down quite a bit for them. If memory serves me they are usually in the 400-425 range.

Honaker was not one of the smallest D2s in the state. They were probably in the bottom 25% statewide and one of the smaller D2s in Region D. For years Haysi, Castlewood and Rye Cove went back and forth as the smallest D2 in the state.

Edited by redtiger

That is not down for them Red Tiger after Haysi dropped to D1 I think Aubern was the only D2 school in the state smaller than Honaker. Maybe after they beat Haysi tomorrow it will make you all feel better but your numbers are wrong including your prediction.

After Haysi and Clintwood dropped Castlewood and Coeburn were still D2 and smaller than Honaker. I think Haysi and Clintwoods 1st year in D1 was 07(anyone correct me if im wrong). If you meant to say "Honaker was the 3rd smallest D2 in the Region D" then yes, you are correct. Thats goin by the 2008 #s provided on this site.

That puts Coeburn(396), Castlewood(308) and Auburn(382) smaller than Honaker in 2008. Im willing to bet that there were 1-2 schools in Reg A that were also D2 and smaller. So if you meant "Honaker was the 6th smallest D2 in the state" then again yes. I guess it all depends on how you define "one of the smallest", obviously we see it differently.

Back to the point, its gonna be a good game, I think you guys are over estimating Honaker(no doubt they are good) and underestimating Haysi(I hope Honakers team is doing the same thing;) ). I think its gonna be a good close, hard fought game with Haysi comming out on top. Maybe im wrong but to be honest I cant wait til tomorrow to find out!

After Haysi and Clintwood dropped Castlewood and Coeburn were still D2 and smaller than Honaker. I think Haysi and Clintwoods 1st year in D1 was 07(anyone correct me if im wrong). If you meant to say "Honaker was the 3rd smallest D2 in the Region D" then yes, you are correct. Thats goin by the 2008 #s provided on this site.

That puts Coeburn(396), Castlewood(308) and Auburn(382) smaller than Honaker in 2008. Im willing to bet that there were 1-2 schools in Reg A that were also D2 and smaller. So if you meant "Honaker was the 6th smallest D2 in the state" then again yes. I guess it all depends on how you define "one of the smallest", obviously we see it differently.

Back to the point, its gonna be a good game, I think you guys are over estimating Honaker(no doubt they are good) and underestimating Haysi(I hope Honakers team is doing the same thing;) ). I think its gonna be a good close, hard fought game with Haysi comming out on top. Maybe im wrong but to be honest I cant wait til tomorrow to find out!

it was a good hard fought game as usual.i think when these teams play, you can throw all stats and records out the window.these 2 coaches know each other well enough to call the defence.i didnt make the game,but did honaker have a passing game or not ?sound like a lot of fumbling and turnovers ?

Honakers passing game was efficient but definately was not their strong point and they did not throw all over Haysi.

Good game to watch imo. Haysi played solid D but just wasnt consistant on offense. Haysi committed penalties that kept several of Honakers drives alive.

Overall I thought the game was officiated well but I did have 2 big problems. 1 Honakers kicker didnt have his shoe ready and the officials waited to spot the ball til he was ready. 2 #89 for Honaker was throwing punches into the back of Haysis QB in the pile and wasnt thrown out of the game, he wasnt even penalized. although he did get a stern talkin to. BS imo

Edited by redtiger