mlb realignment 2013

Lance

what do you guys think?

It's getting to the point where I kinda miss the old days...before expansion, before interleague play, before the wild card, back when you knew the Braves would be on WTBS every night at 7:35 or 10:35PM...

The wild card has been kinda fun, and the occasional Braves - Yankee match up has had its times...but...overall, I just kinda miss the old days in a way.

Maybe its just me...

The only thing I like about the new alignment is I think it will force baseball to make a decision about the DH. I think they will leave it as is for 2013 but eventually they will have it in both leagues or ban it all together. I used to be an opponent of the DH but now I think I would like to see it in both leagues.

I've never been a fan in inter-league play but barring expansion (or contraction) we're stuck with it now.

I don't like the wild card and I think the new one game deal is stupid. I mean you play 162 games (all series by the way) and then have it all come down to a single game... Baseball just isn't built for one game. It's built for series.

I think the wild card should be scrapped and just go straight to the LCS like the old days.

Less regular season games and more playoff games/series. The one-game wild-card game is asinine. I would love to see six teams from each league make the playoffs with the top two seeds receiving first round byes and the other four compete in a best of 5 series.

Baseball is realigning next season? You mean Atlanta and Cincinnati aren't going to be in the NL West anymore??? That sucks. I always loved the rivalries with the Giants and the Dodgers.

I like the one game playoff. Home field advantage is not a big enough reward for winning the division.

But the teams involved aren't division winners. The wild card has been around for nearly a decade now... The non-division winner with the 4th best record in the league gets a berth in the division series. The one game playoff does nothing more than allow the team with the 5th best record a chance to steal that berth in a single game. It makes no sense from a baseball standpoint. Only from a ratings and money standpoint.