Folks in 15 states file petitions to secede

Rhschamps04

I don't think any of this will really be given that much attention. I'm sure some states will get the necessary signatures (like Texas) but as soon as it reaches the president's desk (if it even gets there) he'll just wave it off.

A couple thoughts

1. Texas has around 100 military bases, nuke silos, nuke-capable bombers (with their payloads) etc. Not that all of the troops and airmen based at those facilities would stay in the infant Republic of Texas nation, but still, no way in hell the US would let all that break off on its own, even if it took military action.

I've read that some 10-15 years ago the secessionist Texas Militia hoped to peacefully take control of the state government through a valid election process but failed. The Texas Constitution does have a provision for the state to be subdivided into 5 separate states, which would add eight conservatives (probably) to the senate, bunches more to the House.

2. No way anybody is going to secede from the union, but this has been a peaceful, attention-grabbing way for close to a million people (in all 50 states now) to let the White House know how they feel, and to do so in a way that the WH is obligated by its own rules to address.

I'll note that this conservative method sure beats the heck out of the libs' threats to riot, burn the cities, bust capz in whiteyz dome and assassinate Romney should he have won.

Says a lot about the mindset of two divergent ideologies, doesn't it?

Well if history is any indicator, the U.S. Federal Government would march their armed forces into whatever states seceded, defeat whatever resistance they were met with, destroy the states infrastructure and ability to sustain itself, and finally occupy those states until all freedom of choice and will to fight is gone. I think that about sums it up.

That's exactly what the British public said in 1775.