Va Tech @ WVU

BHS03

And since it's WVU and Va Tech there has to be some controversy.

Quote from Va Tech head coach James Johnson:

"It's going to be a great crowd with people coming to see a good team play," he said. "We're undefeated. If we were 3-4 it wouldn't be sold-out."

And since it's WVU and Va Tech there has to be some controversy.

Quote from Va Tech head coach James Johnson:

"It's going to be a great crowd with people coming to see a good team play," he said. "We're undefeated. If we were 3-4 it wouldn't be sold-out."

It was sold out because it's Virginia Tech and the WVU fan base despises anything related to VT not because VT is a 7-0 basketball team coming to play today, JJ.

This VT team hasn't seen as hostile place as what Mo-town will hold for them today. I wonder how they'll react. My fear is VT is due for a bad game. It could very well be today.

It was sold out because it's Virginia Tech and the WVU fan base despises anything related to VT not because VT is a 7-0 basketball team coming to play today, JJ.

This VT team hasn't seen as hostile place as what Mo-town will hold for them today. I wonder how they'll react. My fear is VT is due for a bad game. It could very well be today.

Right, I agree with you. His comments came across as arrogant but I don't think he intended it to be that way. This game was close to a sell out before the season even started. I'm sure it will be sold out when they play in Blacksburg next season.

The line is WVU +8... Wow.

That's not surprising to me. Like I said before, VT is due for a bad game and they could lose by 25 today to a fired up WVU bunch in an extremely hostile environment. The fans will be plenty ready.

I bet the VT group will be treated worse than Pitt and Louisville have been treated the last few years in that building.

Right, I agree with you. His comments came across as arrogant but I don't think he intended it to be that way. This game was close to a sell out before the season even started. I'm sure it will be sold out when they play in Blacksburg next season.

I agree he most likely didn't intend those comments that way and he probably doesn't understand the full effect of the fan bases of both schools when they play each other.

The line is WVU +8... Wow.

That means VT is favored to win by 8...the final line was actually VT +8.5, which means WVU is favored to win by that much.

Like bhs7695 said, I don't think VT will win, they've played to well so far and are due a hiccup...

WVU had 20 offensive rebounds.

Anytime you give a team 20 2nd chances to score, you will lose...

That's Huggins game...defense and rebounding. We aren't nearly as good of a shooting team as we were when Beilein was here but we are able to defend and rebound much better.

Did Va Tech coach James Johnson really say this:

"I don't even know if they know where West Virginia is, unless they were in history class looking at a map or something."

If he really did say this then he one big dumb ass.

Did Va Tech coach James Johnson really say this:

"I don't even know if they know where West Virginia is, unless they were in history class looking at a map or something."

If he really did say this then he one big dumb ass.

I seriously doubt he said that...

That's Huggins game...defense and rebounding. We aren't nearly as good of a shooting team as we were when Beilein was here but we are able to defend and rebound much better.

No, the problem was VT was way out of position most of the day when going for rebounds...especially on the defensive end. Plus, it didn't help them too much that WVU was throwing up bricks that clanged off the backboard and rim. I guess the WVU players are used to seeing that and knew where to be to pick up the junk rebounds...

No, the problem was VT was way out of position most of the day when going for rebounds...especially on the defensive end. Plus, it didn't help them too much that WVU was throwing up bricks that clanged off the backboard and rim. I guess the WVU players are used to seeing that and knew where to be to pick up the junk rebounds...

A lot of rebounds are from missed 3's, that is true. It doesn't change the fact that Huggins and his staff does a great job of teaching his players to rebound. It's just not yesterdays game or this season. They have consistently been a good rebounding team since Huggins came in. Kevin Jones made his NBA debut the other night. The reason he is in the NBA is because of his knack for getting rebounds. Also take a look at Kevin Noreen yesterday. Not an athletic guy at all, but busts his ass and gets in position to rebound.

Not me. I'd be happy if we never played WVU in anything, ever again...

I agree 1,000%. Perfect example for me right now as I work with five WVU die hards that are all over age 50. One is a gentleman that goes to church at least three times a week. Not one word has been said since the basketball season started about this game. I heard what little talk around here being doom and gloom and how bad WVU's basketball team had looked so far.

I wasn't even thinking about the game when I got into the office this morning, but how quickly I was reminding that VT basketball got their "ass kicked" (Words of WVU fans, not mine). Just complete unprofessionalism at it's finest. I'd like to strangle Seth right now for even scheduling this series with Hugs.

I say nothing to anyone around here about anything college related but I get shamelessly chastised all because I'm a quite fan of a school someone else despises and that team just lost a basketball game by one point. It's not like WVU beat a top ten team where both were playing a hell of a game. It was ugly as hell right down to the officiating crew from what I read. Hell, I didn't even watch the game! Instead I opted to spend the time with my family going out to an early dinner to beat the crowd.

If this bunch was in a room with preschool kids, the preschool kids would have ten times better class!!