Va Tech @ WVU

BHS03

I agree 1,000%. Perfect example for me right now as I work with five WVU die hards that are all over age 50. One is a gentleman that goes to church at least three times a week. Not one word has been said since the basketball season started about this game. I heard what little talk around here being doom and gloom and how bad WVU's basketball team had looked so far.

I wasn't even thinking about the game when I got into the office this morning, but how quickly I was reminding that VT basketball got their "ass kicked" (Words of WVU fans, not mine). Just complete unprofessionalism at it's finest. I'd like to strangle Seth right now for even scheduling this series with Hugs.

I say nothing to anyone around here about anything college related but I get shamelessly chastised all because I'm a quite fan of a school someone else despises and that team just lost a basketball game by one point. It's not like WVU beat a top ten team where both were playing a hell of a game. It was ugly as hell right down to the officiating crew from what I read. Hell, I didn't even watch the game! Instead I opted to spend the time with my family going out to an early dinner to beat the crowd.

If this bunch was in a room with preschool kids, the preschool kids would have ten times better class!!

Not unlike many, many Hokies' interactions with non-Hokies during football season.

Not unlike many, many Hokies' interactions with non-Hokies during football season.

Nope, not even close...

I know a few of the assholes he was talking about...one bowls in our league on Monday night and if he EVER says anything to me again regarding WVU/VT, I'll punch him right in the mouth...even told him so a couple of years ago and he hasn't said a word to me about it since then.

It was ugly as hell right down to the officiating crew from what I read.

Yes, it was. I did watch, unfortunately. Both teams looked awful and the officiating wasn't much better either way.

Nope, not even close...

I know a few of the assholes he was talking about...one bowls in our league on Monday night and if he EVER says anything to me again regarding WVU/VT, I'll punch him right in the mouth...even told him so a couple of years ago and he hasn't said a word to me about it since then.

If you're gonna do that, do it in Virginia, please! :D

• 2 weeks later...

If you can't comprehend the reasons that have been listed here countless times for the two schools not to play each other in any sport, because of the physical and verbal abuse that goes on, then you are either that immature or that stupid. I believe I know which one it is......

• 2 weeks later...
Old topic, but to answer your question, I comprehend your "reasons." I just think they are excuses and weak ones at that. If it were a rival to my school, I'd want to play them every chance I got. So, I believe they should play in all sports yearly. It's not immaturity or stupidity. That is what goes on with the repetitive deleting of posts for no reasons.

I don't know of anyone that considers a rivalry "enjoyable" when physical abuse comes into it (except maybe you), but I digress. The fan bases can't get along so they don't need to play in anything in my opinion. I've followed VT football many places and never have I seen/heard the VT fans treated worse than in Morgantown, WV. I know that bad fans are everywhere and I've seen bad VT fans in Blacksburg plenty of times. I've also been to Morgantown with good WVU people. It's just a game.

Your turning of a blind eye to those facts just further proves to me what you're really about. But, hey, you're proud of your WVU pride and see no problems. I believe I read you called it "passion" previously. I hope things continue to be "Happy Happy, Joy Joy" for you in your Ren & Stimpy world. Continue to just ignore the human abuse and vandalism that goes on and everything will be fine.

Human decency when it involves physical abuse is a "weak excuse" in your world........

Noone ignores " human abuse" and vandalism. Have the police handle them. I did. I've heard all the stereotypical comments from VT and UVA fans as well. Grow up and ignore stupidity. They are only words.

I don't know what your fans did to our fans before halftime* of the 2003 Continental Tire Bowl, but if I posted a "how bad did WVU fans treat you?" thread, it'd get dozens of responses. Dozens. Not all WVU fans are bad, but you do seem to have a disproportionate number of jackwagons.

Not that VT fans have the reputation of saints, either. But...it pales to WVU.

*Not a lot of smack talk happened after halftime, mostly because UVA put a Bama/ND whoopin' on the Mounties that day.