"These Are Their Stories" - new book by Lloyd Combs

Lance

You can get Lloyd's new book here!

$24.99 includes shipping and all that...

This is a great read if you are interested in local sports! It includes first hand recollections of humorous and also historically important moments of some of the local legends of sports from all over the SWVA area!

If you are a SWVA Sports fan....it is an absolute "Must Read".

http://www.swvasports.com/book/

• 9 months later...

You can get Lloyd's new book here!

$24.99 includes shipping and all that...

This is a great read if you are interested in local sports! It includes first hand recollections of humorous and also historically important moments of some of the local legends of sports from all over the SWVA area!

If you are a SWVA Sports fan....it is an absolute "Must Read".

http://www.swvasports.com/book/

are these still available?

yes...you can still get them at the link...great book! Especially if you are from Clintwood, he did some new sit down interviews with Coach C...i was lucky enough to get to hear them on the way to a game once, Lloyd does a good job with this stuff...very entertaining books with lots of great stories and local history from all over the area.

• 3 weeks later...

yes...you can still get them at the link...great book! Especially if you are from Clintwood, he did some new sit down interviews with Coach C...i was lucky enough to get to hear them on the way to a game once, Lloyd does a good job with this stuff...very entertaining books with lots of great stories and local history from all over the area.

We took some over a while back for the boosters to sell at the games.

Do either of you know how long it takes for one of the books to ship out?  Ordered a couple weeks back, but haven't seen anything yet.

Lloyd stays on the road so it might take him a few days to ship them out, but no worries, he will get them out for sure...he's an honest guy. 

I don't see how he does what he does...talked to him last night at 2am and he was doing girls volleyball article write ups. When Lloyd retires they will have to hire 5 people to take his place lol...and I'm not kidding.

Lloyd stays on the road so it might take him a few days to ship them out, but no worries, he will get them out for sure...he's an honest guy. 

I don't see how he does what he does...talked to him last night at 2am and he was doing girls volleyball article write ups. When Lloyd retires they will have to hire 5 people to take his place lol...and I'm not kidding.

Lloyd is one of my most favorite people to talk sports with. Buchanan County Sports wouldn't be the same without him.

That's the problem.. with the way the media is now, they'll hire NO ONE to take his place,

are any gonna be available at clintwood-twin springs game?

he always places a few at different locations, but they usually sell out fast. You can order them from the link in the first post here.