No more PH-Abingdon

rebel3

Just learned yesterday that, for the first time in the history of the two schools, (For Abingdon this includes the PH predecessor schools Glade Spring and Meadowview) PH and Abingdon will not be playing each other in football. The two never really had many close games but the end of a tradition nonetheless. Abingdon dominated this series in recent years while PH dominated back in the 90's. Abingdon is a much bigger school than PH and the Rebels have struggled in recent years but it's only fitting that the two play each other. The two schools only being separated by 8 miles would always draw a huge turnout by both sides to this game.

I learned this from a PH football player, they already have shirts with the coming years schedule on it. Hopefully the two can at least play a pre-season benefit game.

For the next two years, the Rebels have picked up Thomas Walker and Rye Cove. I'm guessing that it was mostly Abingdon wanting out of this game. It doesn't make sense for PH to replace Abingdon with a team from over 100 miles away from an economic standpoint.

Just learned yesterday that, for the first time in the history of the two schools, (For Abingdon this includes the PH predecessor schools Glade Spring and Meadowview) PH and Abingdon will not be playing each other in football. The two never really had many close games but the end of a tradition nonetheless. Abingdon dominated this series in recent years while PH dominated back in the 90's. Abingdon is a much bigger school than PH and the Rebels have struggled in recent years but it's only fitting that the two play each other. The two schools only being separated by 8 miles would always draw a huge turnout by both sides to this game.

I learned this from a PH football player, they already have shirts with the coming years schedule on it. Hopefully the two can at least play a pre-season benefit game.

For the next two years, the Rebels have picked up Thomas Walker and Rye Cove. I'm guessing that it was mostly Abingdon wanting out of this game. It doesn't make sense for PH to replace Abingdon with a team from over 100 miles away from an economic standpoint.

Wow, that's surprising to hear. As a graduate of PH, the Abingdon game was always the one you'd wanna win the most year in year out.

PH had a nice run of beating Abingdon during the 90's but other than that it was totally dominated by AHS, as you said before.

Sad to see it go if indeed true...