Who could've seen this coming...

http://bdtonline.com/local/x964869607/Bluefield-Economic-Development-Director-resigns

I don't know who in their right mind would take that job...

They were talking about re-vitalizing downtown again on the news and bringing business to Commerce Street.

Are they kidding themselves?

They did one thing right, bought some property on John Nash and have annexed it to be within city limits..

It would be nice to have some little shops and maybe some trendy restaurants downtown...(for the college kids)...but I don't think they'll attract any "business" there.

Edited by futbolking

Sounds like someone was given a job until he could find one in his own field. Most of us who have lived around the Bluefield area for a while could have put together the plan. I wish them the best with revitalizing the community, but new ideas and ways need to be emphasized. Until the network of cronyism is addressed it will be tough to move forward.

Slogans and plans are all well and good, but positive action is what creates momentum.

Today: "Present My Revitalization Plan"

Tomorrow: "Resign"

LMFAO. All they need is the Benny Hill music.

Actually-

12-31-12 Resign

1-9-13 "Present My Revitalization Plan"

1-10-13 Make Resignation Public

IMO the Board and City Manager look foolish letting it play out this way and having him involved in the roll out of the plan. It looks like he doesn't have faith in the whole thing. They look foolish for letting him be the face for their roll out of the plan and PR campaign.

The music would be nice. The Bennie Hill music is Yakety Sax by Boots Randolph.

Edited by Hacker

Actually-

12-31-12 Resign

1-9-13 "Present My Revitalization Plan"

1-10-13 Make Resignation Public

The music would be nice. The Bennie Hill music is Yakety Sax by Boots Randolph.

(1) My apologies.

(2) It's even funnier that way. Present a lame-duck plan that's nothing more than a waste of time.

And may Boots RIP. I like his "Big Daddy's Alabama Bound".

Now I know why former EDD was in such a good mood on New Year's Eve...definitely partying it up when I saw him just prior to midnight...

Yup. I thought it was a little strange to see him there, but this explains it. Is he moving out of area too?