Any Billard/Pool Players

Ive been playing pool in for years and for me ive come along way since i started out hahaha. I know there are alot of pool players in the area ive ran into more than a few over the years was just looking to see if any of them were on the board.

Ive been playing pool in for years and for me ive come along way since i started out hahaha. I know there are alot of pool players in the area ive ran into more than a few over the years was just looking to see if any of them were on the board.

There was a period of about 10 years, right after I graduated from college, that I played pool religiously... I joined a league at Mountaineer Lanes in Bluefield. When I moved to Richmond, VA... I frequented a place called "Players club" which was basically a sports bar with about a dozen pool tables, which had several leagues from beginners on up....I like to believe that I became a pretty decent player.....

GMan, if you read this...you might remember a guy we called "Sharky" up at Bluefield College...I ran into him at the Players Club in Richmond...I'd say back in about 1999, he was still trying to shark people at the pool tables....I think his game had gotten much better by then from what I saw.

Anyway, to make a long story short... I haven't picked up a pool stick in probably 6 or 7 years now...that's what married life will do to you...but...I would love to get some of the guys I used to play with at Mountaineer together to play sometime.

There was a period of about 10 years, right after I graduated from college, that I played pool religiously... I joined a league at Mountaineer Lanes in Bluefield. When I moved to Richmond, VA... I frequented a place called "Players club" which was basically a sports bar with about a dozen pool tables, which had several leagues from beginners on up....I like to believe that I became a pretty decent player.....

GMan, if you read this...you might remember a guy we called "Sharky" up at Bluefield College...I ran into him at the Players Club in Richmond...I'd say back in about 1999, he was still trying to shark people at the pool tables....I think his game had gotten much better by then from what I saw.

Anyway, to make a long story short... I haven't picked up a pool stick in probably 6 or 7 years now...that's what married life will do to you...but...I would love to get some of the guys I used to play with at Mountaineer together to play sometime.

I usually go up to Mountaineer once or twice a week the rest of the week i play down at Stateline Billards in bristol they got a pretty nice set up as well. When i go up Mountaineer i play in that back room he has a NICE 9ft table ive yet to see a man be able to run a rack on it yet.

I love it. I played pretty much every day my senior year and for about 3 years after graduation. Then everyone I knew quit playing. I still play anytime I get a chance. And now tht I found out Bluefield College has a pool table, and I have a four hour break between classes on Tuesday and Thursday, I'll be putting those $400 cues I bought back to good use.

Yep, I remember Brent...aka "Sharky"...played golf with him at BC and pissed him off more than once on that old pool table they used to have in the SAC at BC.

Good times...

I usually go up to Mountaineer once or twice a week the rest of the week i play down at Stateline Billards in bristol they got a pretty nice set up as well. When i go up Mountaineer i play in that back room he has a NICE 9ft table ive yet to see a man be able to run a rack on it yet.

Yes, very nice table. Lots of folks don't even know its there.

Yes, very nice table. Lots of folks don't even know its there.

Yea alot of people think the room they keep it in is a exit the only reason i found out it was there was because i they had a ring game going one night and one guy left and they needed another player.

Some of the guys who used to play there several years ago could run a rack on it...."The Millers" used to play up there a lot and were serious... Does Junior still sell pool cues at Mountaineer Lanes... I bought a couple nice ones from him... I have a "Mali" breaking stick and used to have a McDermott cue....

Yep, I remember Brent...aka "Sharky"...played golf with him at BC and pissed him off more than once on that old pool table they used to have in the SAC at BC.

Good times...

Yes...he and Riddle thought they owned that place...key word..."thought"...

Some of the guys who used to play there several years ago could run a rack on it...."The Millers" used to play up there a lot and were serious... Does Junior still sell pool cues at Mountaineer Lanes... I bought a couple nice ones from him... I have a "Mali" breaking stick and used to have a McDermott cue....

The Millers still come up there and those guys live at any place that has a pool table hahaha. Junior is still selling sticks he does more of repairs on sticks than selling new ones now though. I shoot with a meucci cue and break with a Sledgehammer stick i bought years and years ago.

True, the Millers are pretty damn good players. Back in junior high and high school, I spent many hours playing pool with Ricky at Mountaineer while our mom's bowled in the league. His dad was/is really good.

True, the Millers are pretty damn good players. Back in junior high and high school, I spent many hours playing pool with Ricky at Mountaineer while our mom's bowled in the league. His dad was/is really good.

Yes, his dad was flat out awesome...and his uncle wasn't shabby either....Rudy and Dwight would come up there every now and again....but his dad and Uncle could really play. They were in our league... We had 4 man teams, it was a handicapped league... Your #1 player would play their #1 player...and so on....You had a handicap, based on average number of balls left on table in losses....If you had a handicap of "2" for example, the other guy had to beat you and you had to have 2 balls left on the table.... or the other guy loses. Pretty neat format, but I would've rather just played straight up.