UVA Strikes Gold in 2014 FB Class

Deleted Account

UVA picks up consensus 5* S, and Rivals' #4 ranked player in the nation, Quin Blanding. Blanding's been a UVA lean for quite some time, influenced by Smoke Mizzell and Tra Nicholson, two former HS teammates.

Blanding's #2 in the state, behind #1 Da'Shawn Hand, with whom VT has an outside shot.

I figure, a commitment that large deserves its own thread.

UVA picks up consensus 5* S, and Rivals' #4 ranked player in the nation, Quin Blanding. Blanding's been a UVA lean for quite some time, influenced by Smoke Mizzell and Tra Nicholson, two former HS teammates.

Blanding's #2 in the state, behind #1 Da'Shawn Hand, with whom VT has an outside shot.

Still a long way to go till National Signing Day. He may decommit, and go to another school. ;)

The only way that happens is if London has an awful season and is fired.

The ONLY way.

Or he takes a trip to somewhere like Ole Mi$$ and they lock him in a room with naked sorority girls and give him a blank check. That might change his mind.

Or he takes a trip to somewhere like Ole Mi$$ and they lock him in a room with naked sorority girls and give him a blank check. That might change his mind.

Good pull on Ole Miss, because there's clearly something not on the up-and-up there.

But no. 17-year-olds are fickle, but I'd bet very large sums of money that he'll remain firm.

Did anyone check out that Cornell Brown tweet? "If graduating 79% going to 20 straight bowls winning championships beating your rival continually is not good enough VT Football is not home."

Laughable, classless, and a borderline NCAA rules violation, all at the same time.

Edited by UVAObserver

Did anyone check out that Cornell Brown tweet? "If graduating 79% going to 20 straight bowls winning championships beating your rival continually is not good enough VT Football is not home."

Laughable, classless, and a borderline NCAA rules violation, all at the same time.

I love how he doesn't use commas.

I love how he doesn't use commas.

Why use commas on a tweet? You're limited on space and commas take up space. Very rarely see ANYONE use commas (or other punctuation), for that matter, on Twitter....

Is there incorrect info in the tweet or something? I'm not up on graduation rates.

Is there incorrect info in the tweet or something? I'm not up on graduation rates.

Please find where I questioned the accuracy of the information. I did, however, call it classless, humorous (not in the "ha-ha" way, but in the "what a ****ing moron" way), and a borderline violation of the NCAA rules that prohibit singling out recruits before the LOIs are inked.

Though it should be noted that none of VT's championships are of the "national" variety. You know, the kind that upcoming VT opponent Alabama has so many of. To do that, you must finish the season as the #1 ranked team in college football.

It's fun being ranked #1. It's fun being ranked #1 in multiple sports. It's even more fun to be ranked #1 in multiple sports at the same time. I'm sure VT fans know that feeling.

Wait.

Wait...

Sorry.

You can only use 140 characters on twitter. Yes i'm bored, and that quote of his is exactly 140.

BoomGoesTheDynamite.jpg?1255139699

Edited by UVAObserver

Please find where I questioned the accuracy of the information. I did, however, call it classless, humorous (not in the "ha-ha" way, but in the "what a ****ing moron" way), and a borderline violation of the NCAA rules that prohibit singling out recruits before the LOIs are inked.

Though it should be noted that none of VT's championships are of the "national" variety. You know, the kind that upcoming VT opponent Alabama has so many of. To do that, you must finish the season as the #1 ranked team in college football.

It's fun being ranked #1. It's fun being ranked #1 in multiple sports. It's even more fun to be ranked #1 in multiple sports at the same time. I'm sure VT fans know that feeling.

Wait.

Wait...

Sorry.

But doesn't Brown have a point? He seems confused why a football recruit would choose UVA of all places.

Let's compare: 1.) VT wins more games each season these days (no citation needed), 2.) VT has a better graduation rate than UVA (http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/newmedia/public/rates/index.html), 3.) VT has more players in the NFL than UVA (http://espn.go.com/nfl/college/_/letter/v).

So no matter what the goal is of a recruit, VT can offer a better option. Is it the best option? Nope. But it's better than UVA. For a football recruit, which, last time I checked, this thread was about.

Even if Brown did what you allege, and was actually talking about a recruit, doesn't he seem to have a point?

UVA - signs one of the top ten high school QB's of all time (statistically)....turns him in to a DB.

I know, I know...he's gone...yeah yeah...but every time I hear about UVA getting a top recruit, that's what I think of....can't help it.

Wait.

Wait...

Sorry.

Cool. I just wasn't sure what the big deal was.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Edited by deuceswild

Wait.

Wait...

Sorry.

This coming from a fan of a school that's managed to win a total of one basketball and two shared football titles in 60 years of ACC membership. FSU wasn't even in the league for nearly 40 of those.

Have fun winning those national championships in the sports few schools actually devote any serious funding to, or in some cases even COMPETE in like Lacrosse.

• 1 month later...

I know this doesn't mean anything but it is nice when the NUMBER 1 High School Recruit in the country is wearing this today at the Nike Camp in D.C.

post-2869-137723138993_thumb.jpg

The Bama gear must've been in the laundry. ;)

I don't want to get my hopes up but one time I got cold enough to wear a friend's UT jacket in public. Just sayin'. A chilly breeze can go a long way on a young man.

I don't want to get my hopes up but one time I got cold enough to wear a friend's UT jacket in public. Just sayin'. A chilly breeze can go a long way on a young man.

Personally, I've never been cold enough to wear UVA/WVU garb...