Graham vs. Gate City

starcityfootballfan

I know absolutely nothing about Gate City basketball. Obviously, to get into the final 8 they have to be pretty good. I am assuming that Radford will be the team to beat in D2. Any info on the Blue Devils? Can the "Virginia side boys" match up against the Blue Devils? Thanks and as always ... Go G-Men!

Gate City plays an up tempo offense. Get the ball down the court and get off a shot. They play an aggressive man-to-man defense. They play 8-9 kids and try to keep fresh legs in the game. They had a big man blow out a knee in the region tournament, so they are down a player. They have a 6'7" center who can run the floor and leap out of the gym. IF they are hitting their outside shots, they can be tough. If they are not hitting from the outside, any team in VA can beat them.

They have lost 5 games. 3 of the loses were to Abingdon (Region IV AA champion), 1 lose to a team from Germany (who won the Arby's Classic...BIG High School Tournament down here), 1 loss to Siegel High School (the 10th ranked high school team in the state of Tennessee). They have not lost a game since 12-31-12.

But like I said, if they don't shoot the ball well, they will lose by 20 points to Graham.

They have lost 5 games. 3 of the loses were to Abingdon (Region IV AA champion), 1 lose to a team from Germany (who won the Arby's Classic...BIG High School Tournament down here), 1 loss to Siegel High School (the 10th ranked high school team in the state of Tennessee). They have not lost a game since 12-31-12.

Gate City played Siegel...wow, were you in a tournament there? I certainly recognized the school's name and know their location. I am familiar with Blackman High School... watched BM the other night on playonsports (it was free to watch that night :))against another team in the regionals. Blackman beat Siegel in OT last night for the Region 4AAA championship (both schools, each, have enrollment of over 2,000 kids). I'll say one thing, GC has certainly played a few tuffies this year.

Edited by trublue