2013 Second Chance Rocks Concert

From a credible source that wishes to remain anonymous, Eric Church, a "Tier A" star costed them under 6 figures. There is NO artist in this world that gets away with 1 mil per performance. That is just outlandish numbers. Don't believe what SCLC says. They are short on funds due to the storm last year, and they couldn't get away with a big name this year.

I believe there is probably one or two artist that would probably get that kind of money one is George Strait and the other is Garth Brooks you bring either one of them to a place like bluefield and you sell out that football stadium but only the two of them would be worth that kind of price. You keep talking about Eric Church being a "Tier A" talent that is true he is now but the year before last when he was probably booked for the show I would have had him "Tier B" right on the verge of becoming great just like Justin Moore is this year. SCLC caught a break and Church got hot last year in the months leading up to the show and is now at the top of country music.

From a credible source that wishes to remain anonymous, Eric Church, a "Tier A" star costed them under 6 figures. There is NO artist in this world that gets away with 1 mil per performance. That is just outlandish numbers. Don't believe what SCLC says. They are short on funds due to the storm last year, and they couldn't get away with a big name this year.

About what I'd expect, actually. I'd peg Church with about a $75K price tag.

I believe there is probably one or two artist that would probably get that kind of money one is George Strait and the other is Garth Brooks you bring either one of them to a place like bluefield and you sell out that football stadium but only the two of them would be worth that kind of price. You keep talking about Eric Church being a "Tier A" talent that is true he is now but the year before last when he was probably booked for the show I would have had him "Tier B" right on the verge of becoming great just like Justin Moore is this year. SCLC caught a break and Church got hot last year in the months leading up to the show and is now at the top of country music.

I don't think that Garth Brooks can command that figure now. Not that he wouldn't want to, because the last 3/4 of his career has been predicated on marketing himself. It's a shame, really: he cared more about selling records than he did about making quality music. He's a success by either measure, don't get me wrong: he has 19 #1 singles and 31 Top-5 singles. Compare that to Alan Jackson, who has 25 #1 singles and 44 Top-5 singles. Of course, Garth has sold more records than anyone in country music history, and now that we're in the digital age, that record won't ever be touched. But that doesn't change the fact that Garth hasn't charted a single in 4 years, and has had just 3 Top 5 country songs this millennium. His career since 1998 has been very, very underwhelming. Garth could've had 50 #1 hits had he stuck to it.

I apologize for rambling, but it leads me to my main point: Garth thinks he's worth $1M per gig, but no one's paying it. There's a reason Garth doesn't give many concerts anymore, and it's not because he's settling down with Trisha. The man LOVES to give concerts: he just loves money more.

As for George Strait, he DESERVES $1M per gig, but I don't think he'd ask it. Particularly now, since he's retiring this year.

I found this website (first search on google)

Eric Church shows $500,000-750,000

http://www.celebritytalent.net/sampletalent/4076/eric-church/

It's showing Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, Kenny Chesney, etc at 1 million +

not saying this site is 100% correct, but there is a big difference in the $75,000 you suggested and the $750,000 this site is suggesting.

I found this website (first search on google)

Eric Church shows $500,000-750,000

http://www.celebritytalent.net/sampletalent/4076/eric-church/

It's showing Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, Kenny Chesney, etc at 1 million +

not saying this site is 100% correct, but there is a big difference in the $75,000 you suggested and the $750,000 this site is suggesting.

My response: http://www.amazon.com/Clarks-Euclid-Eye-Oxford-Brown/dp/B007CQR8TG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1372258809&sr=8-4&keywords=clarks+shoes+men

You can be sensible and pay $43 for that pair of shoes, or you could be a moron and spend $120 for the same pair of shoes.

Same for video games. I can buy a used video game for $.01 on Amazon, or spend $8.00 for the same thing in GameStop.

Same for talent booking agencies. The markup for this one is EXTRAVAGANT.

$500K may be a useful starting point for negotiation, but I promise you he's not banking that. Not even close. If he nets 5 figures for his performance, he'll take that every day of the week.

Edited by UVAObserver

Its been a couple of days since the show but overall I loved it great country music most of the day. The opening acts were really good how they are not bigger than they are I have no idea and the fact that after they got done singing they came out and hung out with the crowd signed autographs took pics and everything. Then you have Craig Campbell who was what I thought he was a really good underrated COUNTRY singer who was in bluefield at like 11am walking the parking lot hanging out with the fans he stopped by the tailgating at for a few mins and played some cornhole with us. He was without a doubt the most down to earth artist ive ever met now the more hits he has that may change the way he does things like he did this past weekend we will just have to wait and see. Justin Moore he is as good as it gets in my opinion he put on a heck of a show and he was just great when he called told that story about the woman that told him about her husband and then she came up to the gate and he come off stage and put his arm around her and sang that song that was something special he is a class act and a amazing artist what else is there to say. Now the only dark cloud on the day was that worthless piece of crap shooter Jennings how in gods name could anyone think he is any good at all he was horrible his singing and performance might as well have been intermission because everyone got up and went to get something to eat and talk to friends and stuff it was as bad as ive ever heard. Not only was the worst singer on the day but he was by far the biggest prick that was there too all the other singers when they came into the stadium there was a line of people at the gates hollering wanting them to come over and they all did except that jerk who acted as if they were not even there and then right after he gets off stage there was a kid over there he was the only one at the gate at the time and the kid was wanting his pic with him and shooter just walks right by there is no way he didn't see him. I hope he is never back in bluefield you can not get outshined by people no one had even heard of and still be a prick im sorry but it just can not happen.

Now the only dark cloud on the day was that worthless piece of crap shooter Jennings how in gods name could anyone think he is any good at all he was horrible his singing and performance might as well have been intermission because everyone got up and went to get something to eat and talk to friends and stuff it was as bad as ive ever heard. Not only was the worst singer on the day but he was by far the biggest prick that was there too all the other singers when they came into the stadium there was a line of people at the gates hollering wanting them to come over and they all did except that jerk who acted as if they were not even there and then right after he gets off stage there was a kid over there he was the only one at the gate at the time and the kid was wanting his pic with him and shooter just walks right by there is no way he didn't see him. I hope he is never back in bluefield you can not get outshined by people no one had even heard of and still be a prick im sorry but it just can not happen.

Warned y'all.

I always thought that Shooter Jennings and Hank Williams III should form a band called "Nepotism".

Edited by UVAObserver

I knew he was bad but what that was Saturday was the worst thing ive ever heard I have heard better music from on jewell ridge for the 4th of July than what he produced you couldn't understand him at all and then there was some point during his act he started making like spaceship noises or something I was like what is that haha.

I knew he was bad but what that was Saturday was the worst thing ive ever heard I have heard better music from on jewell ridge for the 4th of July than what he produced you couldn't understand him at all and then there was some point during his act he started making like spaceship noises or something I was like what is that haha.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but please try to use periods and commas in your comments. I enjoyed readin your viewpoint on the concert as I didn't get to go but I think I got a head ache from reading it.

As fate would have it, I was down there 6 years ago for July 4th. It really brought home the Bible verse "make a joyful noise unto The Lord." There was much joy. There was just little talent. Fantastic people, but we should all recognize our talents. :)