Roanoke Times: 2013 Mountain Empire Predictions

starcityfootballfan

Everybody that I have talked to that has actually seen Fort are saying that they are the real deal this year.....Ive heard that Galax looked pretty impressive in their 2nd scrimmage.... 

I'd say Fort definitely the favorite....and then Graham, Grayson and Galax will be a dog fight for 2nd spot... Would love to see Graham beat Grayson this year....something they haven't done yet.

I guess we will see...Graham has potential to be like the Graham teams of old....and can grind out yardage if they have to and eat the clock.... Plus they have some weapons at receiver..... could be a recipe for success against teams that have speed and big play potential.

I guess we will see...Graham has potential to be like the Graham teams of old....and can grind out yardage if they have beginning eat the clock.... Plus they have some weapons at receiver..... could be a recipe for success against teams that have speed and big play potential.

I must admit that I am a little nervous about the 2013 G-Men. As we witnessed last year, anything can happen during the Bluefield game. Hopefully, tomorrow night will just be the beginning of another turn around season for the Virginia side boys. I want this team to blaze through the MED like there is no tomorrow! Good luck G-Men and again ... lets make it two in a row!

I must admit that I am a little nervous about the 2013 G-Men. As we witnessed last year, anything can happen during the Bluefield game. Hopefully, tomorrow night will just be the beginning of another turn around season for the Virginia side boys. I want this team to blaze through the MED like there is no tomorrow! Good luck G-Men and again ... lets make it two in a row!

Well, they are definitely a physical team, Bluefield speed is a huge concern...... I think Graham has the potential to move the ball against Bluefield and control the clock and keep it out of Bluefield's hands.....The QB roll out wasn't working at all against V High... I think I counted 6 times that Graham's QB got sacked...mostly when he rolled out...a couple times due to a strong rush from V High....Defense has potential....they forced 7 turnovers against Lebanon in limited action...2 turnovers against Radford....but they also gave up some big plays....I like you am very nervous...but after I saw Graham scrimmage last season....I sort of felt the same as this season...I knew the potential to beat them was there, just wasn't sure they could pull it off.

Graham has several players playing both ways this year, that didn't play both ways last year...I think it's for the best...they are in good shape, so I don't think it will be harmful late in the game....reminds me of some of the Graham teams of old that were in such good shape and would wear down their opponents and if the game was close late, you could count on Graham to pull away and win it.  Just hoping for a good game and nobody gets hurt and may the best team win.  I think both teams will be of good quality this year....I'll say this, if Bluefield beats Graham badly......then they have one heck of a team...

It's hard to gauge Galax coming off of the Carroll scrimmage.  A lot of what I saw could easily be attributed to just how awful Carroll was but Galax did execute very well at the same time.  Was the execution more in line with the quality of the Galax team or the ineptness of Carroll?  I'm still on the fence!  Galax has size, speed, and strength along with some top notch talent at key positions.  Steven Peoples could be the best player in the state at that level if he stays healthy and they continue to get execution from others around him to keep teams a little more honest.  The Galax coaching staff thinks this team will eventually be better than the 2011 team that reached the state championship game.  That is a little tougher for me to digest without the leadership of an Austin Pack!

A friend of mine is on the coaching staff at Fort, they will be a legitimate group A contender this season.