marion vs gw

vols4life

I think you may be right, saw GW last week and the passing game was almost non-existant. Very one dimensional. Haven't seen Marion but the gave GW all they wanted last year. I'm thinking Marion wins a very close one this week.

20-17, 'canes...

Chil got us early and we just werent playin well.they did turn the ball over six times and we dropped three pick sixs..but that was chils game to win so time to move on.if we hold on to the ball we should do well

Hoping Wagner makes a quick return.  That is one tough SOB.  Canes fans, keep us posted on his progress.  Hated seeing the big man leave the field like that.

Some crazy bounces in the 4th quarter.  Marion just seemed to gas out toward the end of the first half, even during their TD drive before halftime. 

Unbiased opinion....I really do not like Marion's offensive scheme for the personnel they have.  Some questionable playcalling from them, also.  Wagner's power was obvious, but really impressed with his vision and quick feet for a big man.  Not a speed back, but agile and patient between the tackles.  Crook (sp?) is a nice LB.  Had some real nice plays on D.

Marions offense is not right for the people we have. We are a power team not a run and gun one. The play calling is terrible but like I've said before it won't change until the coach takes control of the program and stops certain parents from running it.

Marions offense is not right for the people we have. We are a power team not a run a gun one. The play calling is terrible but like I've said before it won't change until the coach takes control of the program and stops certain parents from running it.

I agree....By no means downplaying the effort of Marion's kids or anything, and I'm not taking any jabs at them or the program.  It's just an "outsider looking in" observation that REALLY stood out to me. 

I agree....By no means downplaying the effort of Marion's kids or anything, and I'm not taking any jabs at them or the program.  It's just an "outsider looking in" observation that REALLY stood out to me. 

It makes me feel good to see that other people outside our program can see this. I mean my son is a starter (on the line) so I am not a mad parent after the coach about my sons playing time; I just wish he would put the backfield and receiving players in correct spots that they are more suited for. But he lets certain parents dictate where the kids will play. I mean if it was me I would put Leffler  at QB and run that backfield with the power of Crook and Wagner.

It makes me feel good to see that other people outside our program can see this. I mean my son is a starter (on the line) so I am not a mad parent after the coach about my sons playing time; I just wish he would put the backfield and receiving players in correct spots that they are more suited for. But he lets certain parents dictate where the kids will play. I mean if it was me I would put Leffler  at QB and run that backfield with the power of Crook and Wagner.

I can't say as I recall who Leffler is right off, but I can say that Crook and Wagner would make a great power I combo back there.  It all still comes down to execution no matter what offense you run.  I just don't think that the staff is maximizing their strength.  I can't say that running that sort of set would have beaten us...Marion seemed gassed at the end of the first half...But we'll never know.  I think it would have put them in a better position to win, though. 

It was a great single A football game in SWVA regardless.  Tell those boys to keep their heads up and play hard!  We have some representing to do for the Hogo in the playoffs this year!