haysi sneakin under radar...

cwood78

i know its early in the season, but the tigers are quietly getting some attention....like honaker did last year...(flying under radar)..they have  grundy and graham coming up, and honaker......gonna be interesting.......... and harlan co. ky green dragons.... not harlan ky black bears.....

Haysi isint playing Graham(I wish we were, Graham is a fine team)  Haysi has Grundy, Twin Springs, Tom Walker, Twin valley, Hurley, Harlan Ind. and Honaker.

I don't think any of those teams should be overlooked and I don't know a thing about Harlan Independent but I think Haysi should be undefeated headed into the final week of the season. Honaker will be a tough game and should be a great matchup. Haysi should have built up some momentum heading into that game, just have to stay focused between now and then.  Moving the Haysi/Honaker game to the last game of the season was a great move for both programs.

Im gonna do my best to make it to the Honaker/Clintwood game, lookin to see just how good Honaker is. That should be a great game as well.

BDD still exists,

Haysi, Honaker, Grundy, Twin Valley, Hurley

LPD was dissolved   Central(Pound/JJKelly) and Union(Appalachia/powell valley) went to the Mountain District, Clintwood and JI Burton  went to the Cumberland.

there were some other moves but the LPD is the only district that was dissolved.

oh and before I forget, its Harlan County Black Bears(incredible team) and Harlan Independent Green Dragons

Yeah, Harlan County is the Black Bears (bigger team) and Harlan (the smaller, city school) is the Green Dragons.  The Green Dragons are 0-4 so far, you should get a little better read on them the next couple of weeks as they play Shelby Valley this week and Rye Cove next week...

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb13/?id=41801

What I have read on the Green Dragons is that they return some lineman but graduated every skill player off of last years team.  They are generally well coached though.

I really didnt know much about them, other than their awesome mascot.  Always like seeing new teams on the schedule.

I really didnt know much about them, other than their awesome mascot.  Always like seeing new teams on the schedule.

Folks in the old Garden High area most likely would agree with your description of their mascot being awesome...