Fri FB Score UPDATES Wk. 8 10-18-2013

trublue

ABC13 Sportsâ€@13Sports1m

FINAL: James River 41 Bath Co. 24

ABC13 Sportsâ€@13Sports3m

FINAL: Glenvar 26 Floyd Co. 25

YouthSportsNow.comâ€@YouthSportsNow59s

Monticello wins round 1. 31-21 over Western Albemarle. Mustangs 6-0.

Great State

Castlewood @castlewoodlive

Final score: Lebanon. 35 - Castlewood 13.

Union High School@unionbearslive

Follow Bears next week as they return to Bullitt Park and host Marion. Kickoff at 7:30!

KTN Sports

Tim Hayesâ€@Hayes_BHCSports3m

George Wythe's 41-14 loss to Chilhowie was the Maroons' first Hogoheegee District loss since 2005

ABC13 Sportsâ€@13Sports17m

FINAL: Covington 31 Pendleton Co, WV 12

Great State

Worst refs I've seen since my last trip to Carroll County tonight at East Ridge...they did everything they could do to give the game to ER and Grundy still managed to beat them. The block in the back Elliot posted that got an ER TD called back was right in front of the ref and it was a dirty hit, the ball was already up field and the ER kid came over and nailed the Grundy kid in the kidney area with his helmet...the ref wasn't going to call it and one of ER's own chain gang told him "if you don't call that kind of hit you are going to end up getting someone hurt" and the ref threw the flag late...everyone was going nuts that saw it...dirty dirty hit right in front of him and he had zero intention of flagging it until that stuff was said.

After the game the Grundy kids lined up on the 50 to shake hands and the ER kids ran off to their end zone...a couple of the ER kids came over and did the hand shake even though their coaches were yelling at them to get in the end zone...i saw one or two ER assistants go over and meet the Grundy coaches after it got to the "really awkward" point and a couple of the ER kids had already gone out to do it. I think they were mostly just trying to get their kids away though.

They were shooting fireworks from up on the hill down towards the field and shot one of those big 4th of July type sky burst things off about 10 feet above the ER coaches heads...it was dangerous but hilarious...scared the crap out of them.

ER was 5-2 going in to this game and the paper, the fans, the team, and the refs decided before the game it was going to be a walk in the park for ER...and Grundy went in there and handed them their ass.

I tell ya. ppl. missed it if they didn't listen to Lloyd tonight.  He complained about the lack of heat in the press box, explained what the loud bangs were that we could easily hear, and threw a FIT before the ref finally threw the flag.  Vintage Combs!

I'd say the ER coaches were afraid of getting fined if the post-game handshakes got out of "hand".

I agree it's just 1 point not that much of a difference.

Would be good practice for a backup kicker, maybe...

Doubt Bluefield has a backup kicker on the roster.  They always get someone off the soccer team to kick FG and PATs in late summer.  When they find one, they tell them to be at the game on Friday night. (TIC...but not really) 

This year's kicker is an exchange student from Italy...he's a soccer player and had never played American football until Freddie asked him to kick.  He's done well...made a high percentage of PATs, kicked a couple of FGs from 40+, and often kicks it high and deep on KOs (last night Westside started from inside their own 20 on all but one possession).

I tell ya. ppl. missed it if they didn't listen to Lloyd tonight.  He complained about the lack of heat in the press box, explained what the loud bangs were that we could easily hear, and threw a FIT before the ref finally threw the flag.  Vintage Combs!

I'd say the ER coaches were afraid of getting fined if the post-game handshakes got out of "hand".

That rule crap is a cop out..."If teams decide to shake hands and there are no altercations, no action will be taken."

ER also had a kid and a coach fighting over on the sideline...the coach had the kid in a headlock and then momma came down out of the stands to regulate...it was another interesting night at East Ridge.