Upsets for this weeks games?

wave316

Graham shocked us last Friday! Any upsets in the making this Friday? Could Castlewood beating Eastside be considered an upset? It would end the Spartans post-season hopes. What other games have significant playoff implications this week?

Would Haysi over Hoanker be an upset? What about Virginia High over Lee?

Depends on who you ask, Haysi was projected to win the BDD by the preseason coaches poll but Honaker has definitely been better than expected.

I think Lee and VA High are about even

Correct me if im wrong but TVs only BDD wins ever are against Hurley. That's usually a pretty good matchup. Me and my group cheered when we heard the score, gotta pull for the Panthers. This has been a good season for them.

Since they became Twin Valley, that is correct. You have to go back to pre-1999 for the Garden years in the BDD when Roger Rife won some BDD titles to find wins against Haysi & Honaker.. During some seasons when Garden didn't win a BDD title, they would pick off a win here and there against Honaker & Haysi.

TV wanted it more than Hurley. TV knew going in that they would put Hurley out of the playoffs by winning and Hurley was ready for basketball.

Hurley has had a tough year due to injuries, transfers and quitters. We started our 1st game with 30 boys and 1 girl, last night we had 17 boys and 1 girl. Since the first game of the season till last night we only had 6 original starters from the 22 (off & def) that started the season. Hurley was still just 5 points (4 point loss to Grundy & 1 point loss to TV) away from making the playoff at 6-4.

Buuuut, if a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump it's ass when it jumped.

Yeah, I meant since they became TV.  We weren't really pulling against Hurley as much as for TV. Losing like they do year after year has got to be tough. And im sure its especially tough for the Garden folks.

Definitely a tough season for the Rebels. Playing with 31 is doable but 18 is TOUGH.

In '01 Haysi won by 1 point. Brit Coleman was unstoppable that game. TV went for 2 after every score and got it except for their last score, Haysi went for 2 after every score and matched TV except for their last score where they kicked a FG.  Great game. Haysi scored on a hook-and-lateral play at one point.    In '02 the Tigers put a beating on the Panthers and it has been the same every game since.