Galax - Dixon's numbers??

VHSLhelper

In the game previews last Friday, BHC had Dixon w/979 while RTWN had 879. And I didn't see how he did in either one Sat.  What's he got now?

I am assuming you mean Galax RB Joseph Dixon.  He had 879 yards on 101 carries going into the George Wythe game.  He had 123 yards on 8 carries in that game.  He is a very good back and is ever so slightly faster than Peoples but obviously lacks the size and power Peoples possesses. 

Our local paper mentioned it but it is our local paper.  The Roanoke media (print and TV) has never served this area particularly well.  As a matter of fact, we get our best coverage from the Winston Salem, Greensboro media.

It really is an incredible rushing attack, and whats hard for me to wrap my mind around is that they are primarily a Single Back formation offense. 1 will take the TB position while the other takes the FB/Wing position.  2 unselfish players who work well together in a unique offensive approach.

I cant imagine them in a Graham/Carlock style Wishbone.  more misdirection added to what they are capeable of

Our local paper mentioned it but it is our local paper.  The Roanoke media (print and TV) has never served this area particularly well.  As a matter of fact, we get our best coverage from the Winston Salem, Greensboro media.

Are you talking sports or overall news coverage? 

From a HS Sports standpoint, I feel like the Roanoke Times covers Galax sports about like it does the rest of the MED.  Which is to say, not nearly as much as the Roanoke/NRV areas, but more than I've ever seen in the W-S Journal or News & Record. 

Are you talking sports or overall news coverage? 

From a HS Sports standpoint, I feel like the Roanoke Times covers Galax sports about like it does the rest of the MED.  Which is to say, not nearly as much as the Roanoke/NRV areas, but more than I've ever seen in the W-S Journal or News & Record. 

For the most part, the Roanoke Times prints a portion of what is written by the Galax Gazette since they are owned by the same parent company.  The Roanoke Times does a better job than it used to.  I think the success of the MED as a whole over the past few years has played a role in that.  Television media, however, is a whole different animal.  Most people in this area get its news coverage from the Winston Salem and Greensboro television market.

For the most part, the Roanoke Times prints a portion of what is written by the Galax Gazette since they are owned by the same parent company.  The Roanoke Times does a better job than it used to.  I think the success of the MED as a whole over the past few years has played a role in that.  Television media, however, is a whole different animal.  Most people in this area get its news coverage from the Winston Salem and Greensboro television market.

That's a good point about the Gazette and Times ownership.  Didn't consider that.

Now, TV I won't argue at all.  Much smaller footprint for the Roanoke stations when compared to 'Timesland.'  Although I think the general opinion is that the Friday football coverage on TV has declined significantly in recent years, in Roanoke and elsewhere.

Galax is well past 4,000 yards already.  Charles Harris has around 500 yards, Keyshawn Brown has around 250 and Malik Robinson is at or very near 100.  Add that to Steven Peoples' 2,749 and Joseph Dixon's 1,002 and its impressive.  With the lack of a passing game, it is all the more impressive.

Good question. The VHSL record book doesent have Team Rushing Yards listed so who knows. 4,000 is really high. I would be willing to bet Giles would be at or near the record. 3 Backs carrying the ball as much as theirs do, they are bound to have a few teams that went over 4,000 yards in a season

Galax's total has to be near the top. Its hard to concieve of a team rushing for more yards. Although im sure a few run heavy teams that won state(and played more games) probably have higher totals