Peyton Manning

Lunker Bass

I've heard on some of the radio broadcasts and a few of the haters on facebook and some of the other outlets have started the Peyton bashing. Being a Tennessee fan, of course I'm a Peyton fan. He did not have a stellar performance in the Super Bowl. But, with that being said, how in the world, as bad as Denver's defense and special teams played, can you pin the loss on one guy. If it had finished 59-58 with Seattle hitting a game winning 60 yard field goal, it would have been another "Peyton chokes in the big game" load of crap. The guy is still one of the best to ever play, has won a Super Bowl and 5 MVP's to his credit. A class act, never brags on himself, studies the game, a clean track record, definitely no place in professional sports for that I guess, huh? Congrats to the Seahawks. The better team won.

That was the loudest crowd for a Super Bowl I have ever heard, and I have watched them all.  I don't think I heard one "Omaha" all night.  Credit the Seahawks defense for putting pressure on Manning for 4 quarters.  It was the worst game Denver played all year IMO, and one of the best games for the Seahawks defense.  

The Denver o-line just couldn't keep the defense out of Peyton's face.  It forced some bad throws, and I think after Denver was down 15-0 Manning panicked a bit and started forcing things.  That last interception for a pick six was the final nail, and the game was over at halftime. 

All that said, Peyton Manning is still one of the greatest quarterbacks to play the game.  He is a class act, along with his entire family.  The nay-sayers will always jump on their bandwagon.  I wouldn't worry about the haters too much.  They are always there.

Take away the deep ball? Most of what Payton throws is screens and crossing patterns. He hardly ever beats anyone by throwing the "deep ball", sure he can but that's not normally how he plays or wins games.

I think Payton after it is all said and done will be put in the group with the best qb's ever even if he never wins another playoff game the rest of his career.

Take away the deep ball? Most of what Payton throws is screens and crossing patterns. He hardly ever beats anyone by throwing the "deep ball", sure he can but that's not normally how he plays or wins games.

I think Payton after it is all said and done will be put in the group with the best qb's ever even if he never wins another playoff game the rest of his career.

Stats say otherwise.

(1) 20+ yard completions: 1st of 64.

(2) 40+ yard completions: T-4th of 64.

(3) YPA: 8th of 64. (2 QBs of which threw ONE pass this season)

(4) YPA among starting QBs: 3rd of 32.

In Denver's 4 losses, 2 of them came when Peyton's YPC was under 10.  The outliers are the losses to SD (YPC was a whopping 10.6) and Indy.  In ALL Denver's remaining wins, Peyton's YPC was over 10.  Teams that beat Peyton take away long routes.  What good is a 69.4% completion rate if you're getting <8 YPC?

I think, more than anything, the game showed the glaring distance between the upper echelon of the NFC versus the upper echelon of the AFC in terms of talent and coaching.  Six teams from the NFC could have and four teams would have beaten the Broncos in that game.  Denver didn't play well but Seattle had more to do with that than they are getting credit for. #motivation

Your right stats don't lie, Manning Threw 659 attempts and 450 completions for 5,477 yards this season. Looking at those stats and adding in that he threw for 2,948 in the air and his receivers had 2,529 yac (yards after catch) that adds up to a Whopping 6.551. Just don't think that would be considered throwing the deep ball.

Your right stats don't lie, Manning Threw 659 attempts and 450 completions for 5,477 yards this season. Looking at those stats and adding in that he threw for 2,948 in the air and his receivers had 2,529 yac (yards after catch) that adds up to a Whopping 6.551. Just don't think that would be considered throwing the deep ball.

Exactly, yards per catch doesn't reflect the true deep ball. Yards after catch, especially on quick slants and a broken tackle is the same in a stat book. Very deceiving. I really wish he could have made a better game of it tho. Can't help but like the guy.