Richlands getting the shaft!!!!

littlebluefan

How in the name of Basketball can you have Co Player of The Year in a Conference that includes one player from the first place team and one from the last place team.  I am very upset about this Brittany Allen is by far the best player in the Conference  but somehow had to split POY with a Player that finished last in the conference.  How can this happen??????  Also Brittany allen is going Division 1 on a full ride. Someone please tell me how this can happen????

Congrats to Ms Allen on what must have been a great year. I'm sorry but so what if she is co-player. On 1st place teams the player has some talent around her, as for last place teams the star can get doubled or tripled teamed because no one can step up and help the way better teams that have someone else that can score. You should be proud of what she did and also give the other young lady a little love. And i hope Ms Allen's future at the next level will be just as good. Co-Player takes nothing away from Ms Allen.

On 1st place teams the player has some talent around her, as for last place teams the star can get doubled or tripled teamed because no one can step up and help the way better teams that have someone else that can score.

Agreed. It would help to know who the other player was, but I would imagine that the honor was deserving. Its tough to ask a player to carry a whole team, but it frequently happens on teams that are filled with less-than-all-star players. In addition, if that player can continue performing on a high level, despite their opponents knowing that all they have to do is shut down that player, it really speaks volumes for the caliber of play that they perform with. Take Erick Green for example. Virginia Tech may have finished last in the ACC last year, but that didn't take away from his accomplishments. The opposing teams knew that all they had to do was stop Green and they could stop the Hokies, but he continued playing well, despite not having much help. At the end of the season, he was ACC co-Player of the Year.

Now of course, I'm speaking generally here. I don't know who the other player was, but my guess is that it was a similar situation. There's no doubt that Miss Allen was/is a fantastic player, more than deserving of the honor and I feel certain she will earn many more down the road, but it's pretty conceited for a Richlands fan to think that someone from a team that didn't finish very high in the standings doesn't deserve recognition for their accomplishments.

Morgan Hall is a great player, great athlete and even better of a person. Here's my take on it and I don't really care if any agrees or disagrees. The old format in my opinion needs to be put back into place. If you win regular season conference you automatically get player of the year, 2 other first team picks, 2 second team picks. Second place team gets 2 first team picks and 2 second team picks, and so on. It takes all the political bs out of it. You have immature coaches that may vote against another teams player because you've beat them the last four years. Some people may say well that's not fair. If you truly have a Conference Player of the Year on your team they should win regular season. Plain and simple. This is not the ACC this is high school. A good player will make his or her teammates better. The other team will be so fucsed on that player it will open up opportunities for others. When other teams collapsed on Britt she dished off to others usually Sarah Compton for wide open layups. She was boxed n one almost every game. Sometimes coaches, players, and parents get to fixated on points. Britt was a great scorer but much of her game was overlooked. Papers always talked about her points and not enough about leading every game in assists and steals. Just my take but there again Morgan is a GREAT player and at the end of the day is all overhyped anyways.

I agree Brittany got double teamed every game.  Morgan is a good player not taking anything away but she had a lot more to work with on her team than Brittany did. The big girl from grundy was a great ball player I think her name is Paige.  Richlands had no one that could stope her.  ACC really this is High School Girls.  I agree Morgan is a good High School Basketball Player but Brittany is a Great High School Player.  In my opion Grundy had the better team but seemed to get worse by the in of the year meaning the Coach lost control of team or never even had control. Im just ranting but Brittany shouldn't have Co beside her name.  

Morgan Hall is a great player, great athlete and even better of a person. Here's my take on it and I don't really care if any agrees or disagrees. The old format in my opinion needs to be put back into place. If you win regular season conference you automatically get player of the year, 2 other first team picks, 2 second team picks. Second place team gets 2 first team picks and 2 second team picks, and so on. It takes all the political bs out of it. You have immature coaches that may vote against another teams player because you've beat them the last four years. Some people may say well that's not fair. If you truly have a Conference Player of the Year on your team they should win regular season. Plain and simple. This is not the ACC this is high school. A good player will make his or her teammates better. The other team will be so fucsed on that player it will open up opportunities for others. When other teams collapsed on Britt she dished off to others usually Sarah Compton for wide open layups. She was boxed n one almost every game. Sometimes coaches, players, and parents get to fixated on points. Britt was a great scorer but much of her game was overlooked. Papers always talked about her points and not enough about leading every game in assists and steals. Just my take but there again Morgan is a GREAT player and at the end of the day is all overhyped anyways.

So you are saying because Caleb Tanner never won the conference although he's the all time leading scorer in VHSL history he should not be player of the year? POY of year is not the same as team of the year. He never beat Radford in 13 tries but he was the POY 2 or 3 times and deserved it but Radford is the TOY. My opinion is just because your team is better don't mean you should be handed any personal honors, as i said Ms Allen desearves POY but there's nothing wrong with Co. And if you remember your history books the horse and buggy was a decent way to get around, things change for the better weather we like it or not.

"Change based on principle is progress. Constant change without principle becomes chaos."

Changes? That's what wrong with the world today. People wanted changes and they got them. Go back and give the kids what they EARN. Not a doubt in my mind Caleb deserved POY. I'm not saying their can never be an exception to the format. But do you honestly think certain coaches don't call other coaches and strike a "deal" before the meeting? You vote for mine I vote for yours?? The chances of an athlete coming thru like Caleb is very rare, bringing politics into an All-Conference meeting is way more likely. It is no different than a beauty pageant.